Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249738 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #855 on: February 20, 2021, 06:37:38 PM » Author: joseph_125
There are a few streetlighting enthusiasts based in my area on here and GoL but we haven't really met up. I did meet up with Streetlight98 when he was traveling in Ontario a few years back though.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #856 on: February 20, 2021, 07:02:12 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
I'm going to meet Eric (@BT25) to pick up some vintage MV bulbs tomorrow.

Nice! So far I have met up with Dave (Silverliner) and Rick (rlshieldjr). Hopefully I can meet up with the other LG members near me that I haven't met yet.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #857 on: February 20, 2021, 08:04:57 PM » Author: Bulbman256
I believe MTSL lives in Kansas City, MO, USA just like you do. You can meet up with him sometime.

Thanks! 8;) Just hoping he sees this! 8) ;)

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #858 on: February 22, 2021, 09:02:27 PM » Author: joseph_125
Bought a Venture 400w MH lamp today, believe it or not I never actually owned a universal 400w MH. Also picked up some new 6v lead acid batteries to replace the dying ones in my emergency lights. I find after 3-5 years, they'll no longer hold a charge and have to be replaced.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #859 on: February 22, 2021, 09:23:04 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Today I bought a Westinghouse Lifeguard 700w /DX Mercury Vapor lamp  :mv:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #860 on: February 23, 2021, 04:45:35 AM » Author: Rommie
Today I bought a Westinghouse Lifeguard 700w /DX Mercury Vapor lamp  :mv:
Don't forget the socks when you take a picture  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #861 on: February 23, 2021, 07:10:56 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
Don't forget the socks when you take a picture  :mrg:
Haven't heard that in a while!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #862 on: February 23, 2021, 01:19:01 PM » Author: Rommie
Haven't heard that in a while!
We've got to keep him on his toes  :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #863 on: February 23, 2021, 01:23:46 PM » Author: Bulbman256
We've got to keep him on his toes  :mrg:

GROAN! ::) :lol:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #864 on: February 27, 2021, 11:59:23 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Today I drove on a street with 18 Joslyn MV121 mercury vapor streetlights! :poof: :poof:

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #865 on: February 28, 2021, 12:22:40 AM » Author: joseph_125
Found a 175w MH and 8" circline at the Restore.

In terms of lighting finds in the wild, I found a canopy with a few recessed lights that looked like they still had 100w MV lamps in them.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #866 on: March 05, 2021, 03:03:54 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Got rid of another 11 of our total garbage Codars at work!
The Codar RS is probably THE WORST LED batten ever made!,........ no really!,..........their made by LINA lighting, and if you have ever heard of ‘pig metal’, these are made of pig plastic!
Every single diode tray inside them is lying in the bowl, as the tray mound pegs snap off for no reason other than them being pig plastic!

All the drivers in them are either flashing or dead altogether, and the diodes are series wired in 3s, from one parallel block, ( if that makes any sense)!
Complete and utter WEAPONS GRADE GARBAGE!, and to add insult to injury, these are the second lot that was replaced under warranty when the first one’s went from 4000K to blue within just 2 years!

All replaced with Ansell Lightings, twin six foot TORNADO PROs

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #867 on: March 05, 2021, 03:05:33 PM » Author: Rommie
Never had this problem with incandescents  :mrg:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #868 on: March 05, 2021, 03:31:54 PM » Author: AngryHorse
I use to replace dead Lena battens with Saxby Hydron twins, but sadly we can’t get them from our wholesale anymore, the Hydron was a proper decent metal LED batten with proper decent driver’s in, and funny enough, I fitted one of the Ansell Tornado Pros next in line on the trunking, to the first ever Saxby Hydron I put up.

Now this Hydron is five years old now, with well over 18,000 hours service, and it’s still exactly as bright as the new Tornado behind it!, a credit as far as LED battens go, and a shining example of Saxbys build quality!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #869 on: March 07, 2021, 04:12:46 AM » Author: LightsoftheWest
I'm visiting my aunt and uncle in Oregon right now. First, I installed an LED jelly jar fixture on their chicken coop.  Then, I put in an LED deformable garage light in their shop. After that, my cousin and I installed a 50-foot string of café lights for the "lair". Finally, I helped my cousin put in some RGB LED strip lights for his bedroom.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies