Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249621 times)
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #900 on: April 08, 2021, 05:22:38 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Fixed all the hazard lights on our ride on mower at work this morning, ( it’s 10:19am here as I write this),  ;), ready for the coming summer’s grass maintenance

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #901 on: April 29, 2021, 05:03:56 PM » Author: Econolite03
I’ve been taking a look at my street light collection and doing some stuff. I printed out a new NEMA tag for the M-400A as the existing one is faded.

I also fired up the M-250A with a Sylvania 175W DX china bulb. I wired the terminal block backwards so I have to go back and redo it again. The fixture worked overall fine otherwise. The bulb does have some hours.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #902 on: May 01, 2021, 10:17:39 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Changed another Feit 15w 5000K LED filament lamp today. A little while ago I noticed one of the LED filaments had gone out and was flickering a bit but since it was outside, not really noticeable, and didn't dramatically affect the operation of the lamp, I left it. Now the entire lamp was only dimly flickering. It lasted a little bit over two years, running dusk to dawn. I replaced it with the exact same thing, but newer.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2021, 10:23:28 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #903 on: May 31, 2021, 08:43:08 AM » Author: High Intensity
Repaired (but haven't tested yet) 3 battery backup 1xF20-F96 ballasts from the 1980s, all of them needed new batteries, there's also a 4th one, but it needs more extensive repairs, and I also ran out of the Ni-Cd replacement batteries.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #904 on: May 31, 2021, 11:50:02 PM » Author: joseph_125
Replaced the cord on one of my lava lamps. The original cord had some damage the previous owner put electrical tape over. I had a spare cord and I'd figure I'd replace it instead.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #905 on: June 06, 2021, 02:18:18 AM » Author: Lumex120
Found a park with a football field lit by sports lighter floods. Nothing interesting  right? Well, get this. They were HPS. I had to get somewhere so I didn't have time to stop for pics, but I'll have to get one sometime.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #906 on: June 08, 2021, 02:32:57 PM » Author: Rommie
I rewired the Philips L4045 ballast the other day, so we've been lighting SO/H and SOI/H lamps. Today's is this 60W SO/H one  :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #907 on: June 08, 2021, 02:52:37 PM » Author: AngryHorse
Took apart my third failed Philips A60 LED, that did an incredible 4 months in service!!
DON’T buy Philips LED lamps!

Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #908 on: June 08, 2021, 02:53:55 PM » Author: Rommie
Took apart my third failed Philips A60 LED, that did an incredible 4 months in service!!
DON’T buy Philips LED lamps!

You didn't need to add the word Philips in there, you know   :eoled:   :mrg:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #909 on: June 09, 2021, 12:02:55 AM » Author: High Intensity
Repainted two fixtures that I'm fixing up.
AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #910 on: June 10, 2021, 07:46:09 AM » Author: AngryHorse
You didn't need to add the word Philips in there, you know   :eoled:   :mrg:
No, credit where credits due  ::), I think it’s the end users duty to call out the bad ones on a lighting site!, it’s only Philips and Megaman LED I have ever had die early!
With Diall and Energetic being the workhorse ones!  ;D

Obviously this only applies to the end users that choose to end use them of course!  ;D
« Last Edit: June 10, 2021, 07:50:00 AM by AngryHorse » Logged

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #911 on: June 10, 2021, 07:48:46 AM » Author: Rommie
@ AngryHorse - well we'll have to agree to disagree on that one, won't we  :eoled:  :mrg:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #912 on: June 10, 2021, 07:49:20 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, see my edit!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #913 on: June 15, 2021, 06:46:35 PM » Author: Rommie
I killed and tortured bulbs!
:'( :'( :'( :'( :'( :'(

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #914 on: June 15, 2021, 06:49:15 PM » Author: Rommie
That wasn't meant to be funny.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies