Author Topic: What did you do today lighting wise?  (Read 249725 times)
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #945 on: July 01, 2021, 12:38:32 PM » Author: Lumex120
Assembled a F40T12 fixture i got from home depo and added a pull chain and cord to it. :D
HD still sells F40 fixtures???

Unofficial LG Discord

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #946 on: July 01, 2021, 12:49:37 PM » Author: Bulbman256
HD still sells F40 fixtures???

Yup! Its a cooper lighting SSF240 fixture, has a nice keystone rapid start ballast for any 4 foot T12 lamp. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #947 on: July 01, 2021, 04:19:11 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mine still sells a Lithonia F96T12 strip but no F40 strips.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #948 on: July 08, 2021, 03:23:22 PM » Author: Bulbman256
Got another cooper SSF240 and slapped a mark II advance ballast in it. 8) This will be the experiment fixture, next up to do would be preheat or something else off the wall. :D

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #949 on: July 15, 2021, 11:10:51 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Yesterday: finished putting away the lights from my little Independence Day display.
Today: Edited a small number of light-related pic's .. a couple for here, and a couple streetlights for GOL if it ever comes back...

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #950 on: July 16, 2021, 12:39:42 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Just won a NOS GE 1000w /DX MV from eBay for $19.19 all in .

WELL ! As it turns out , the seller screwed up on the initial shipping estimate which meant the shipping DOUBLED !!  >:(  To make it up to me , the seller sent me not 1 but TWO NOS 1kw /DX mercs along with a slightly used GE 1kw. Cleartop /DX lamp for the extra $15 !!!

Photos soon !!!! :bulbman:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #951 on: July 18, 2021, 05:24:39 AM » Author: Econolite03
I scrapped a destroyed arcade machine and removed the lighting components. I saved a pair of small Robertson ballasts, a pair of starters, as well as sockets and a pair of tubes. Otherwise it was going to be dumped.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #952 on: July 28, 2021, 03:00:52 PM » Author: Rommie
Built a new ballast board for our GEC 135/180W SOX leak transformer, and lit a GE (Thorn) 180W lamp on it  8) :lps:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #953 on: August 01, 2021, 10:39:37 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Lit a GE HR175DX39 MV that I got yesterday. Nothing too special and made you know where, but it was cheap and it was new in box.
thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #954 on: August 11, 2021, 01:44:24 PM » Author: thelightingman
I saved an old Grandlite yardblaster from being tossed. It does not seem to be bad quality considering it is just a cheap fixture. I opened it up and there were SOOOOOOOOO many bugs inside it!

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #955 on: August 11, 2021, 01:57:02 PM » Author: Lumex120
I opened it up and there were SOOOOOOOOO many bugs inside it!
Free snacks!  ;D In all seriousness that's a pretty nice find. From what I know the ballasts they used are actually pretty decent.

Unofficial LG Discord

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #956 on: August 11, 2021, 02:24:10 PM » Author: thelightingman
Free snacks!  ;D In all seriousness that's a pretty nice find. From what I know the ballasts they used are actually pretty decent.
I have a picture of it in my gallery. It's in mint condition, it just needs a new photocell and lamp and it needs a minor wipe down. The ballast inside this is huge considering it is an S55 ballast. The ballast manufacturer for the ballast inside this is IPP. It's most definitely not a cheap ballast!

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Desultory13
Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #957 on: August 22, 2021, 09:11:19 PM » Author: Desultory13
Spent some time over the weekend taking and uploading pictures to my gallery.
One LED streetlight turned out to be a fork and blah blah blah thread derailed.
The rest of the pictures didn't do well so basically wasted a lot of time and now 9pm on Sunday realized I could have done much more productive things.
I did however receive a wealth of information from member takemorepills about traffic light problems so not a total waste of time afterall and I am greatful to him for providing the answers.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #958 on: August 24, 2021, 12:47:56 AM » Author: High Intensity
Spent the last two hours sorting all my incandescent bulbs, still have more that need sorting, so likely will be sorting for another two hours or so.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: What did you do today lighting wise? « Reply #959 on: August 24, 2021, 12:08:13 PM » Author: Rommie
Today I will order 10 pack of warm white bulbs and await a new fixture from a friend that'll hopefully get Thursday!
I have to ask, why do you call fluorescent tubes "bulbs"  ???

They're tubular, not bulbous, I've always wondered, over here they're always called tubes or lamps, never bulbs.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies