Author Topic: Worst LED Fixtures  (Read 15428 times)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #15 on: October 07, 2016, 05:27:59 PM » Author: wattMaster
My god. If you think that's ugly... I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the Greenstar in here. Don't wanna be here if anyone else decides to do so. :o LOL!
Maybe you can PM me the photo?

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #16 on: October 07, 2016, 05:42:22 PM » Author: Ash
Why are you taking a cobrahead as a standard for beauty anyway ? I consider LED ugliness by whether the LED dots are visible without optics, not by similarity to non LED lanterns..
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #17 on: October 07, 2016, 06:11:17 PM » Author: wattMaster
Why are you taking a cobrahead as a standard for beauty anyway ? I consider LED ugliness by whether the LED dots are visible without optics, not by similarity to non LED lanterns..
I assume because there are no other choices, bucket lights maybe, except the good looking ones seem to be rare.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #18 on: October 07, 2016, 06:27:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
The Autobahn? LOL! Not ugly. Not even close! They look more cobrahead than many LED fixtures. A slimmer one at that.

My god. If you think that's ugly... I'm glad I didn't post a pic of the Greenstar in here. Don't wanna be here if anyone else decides to do so. :o LOL!
they are horribly glarey and seem to have that sickening effect that the other ones they use here don't. Plus I have seen more failures of these than other ones.

Unofficial LG Discord

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #19 on: October 08, 2016, 02:52:42 AM » Author: AngryHorse
One hour use straight out of the box or you managed to get lucky to see its last hour after an unknown amount of hours it did over the time it was in service?

Wondering if it's worth going after them for collection or not. If it only last one hour straight out of the box then not really worth it. Then I looked the things up. Yeah, no. Not worth it. Kinda ugly IMO. :o :D LOL!

Worst LED fixtures... Anything without a brand name coming out of China thru eBay and such. Can't trust them. No brands no way of going after them if it dies too early.

Ugly LED fixtures... The Greenstar horrors! Two of them has decided to present themselves in my area. Ugly in person as they're ugly in Internet pics.
It had been in service, but thats the issue, we had them installed in my town a few months ago, within the first 3 weeks, I counted 1 diode board fail, and 3 complete outages!, the best LED installation near me I have seen to date, has been using Holophane`s Factor Large LED lanterns.

These have been up for about 4 years now, (some 40 odd lanterns on the same stretch of road), and there have been NO fails, and not one diode has gone out on their boards yet!

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #20 on: October 08, 2016, 03:38:09 AM » Author: Ash
WattMaster

Cant you evaluate lanterns by themselfes, not by comparing to other lanterns ? (i am talking about looks here, not about performance)
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #21 on: October 08, 2016, 09:20:36 AM » Author: wattMaster
I think beauty is all relative, so you have to compare them to other things.
What I mainly don't like with most LED streetlights are the very small LEDs they use, so you have an array of point sized light sources.

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #22 on: October 28, 2016, 06:04:41 PM » Author: wattMaster
Likely my least favorite LED fixture right now is this one.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #23 on: March 31, 2020, 07:41:17 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
S900D all the way, failure after failure.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2020, 06:26:25 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Metal Halide Boy

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #24 on: April 04, 2020, 09:34:16 AM » Author: Metal Halide Boy
"What's the worst LED fixture you have seen?"

So far, all of them!  I was watching the news, and they had a story about how LED streetlights are bad for people because of the color temperature and how many people are advocating against them now, many of them being MDs and DOs, because of how they affect people's sleep.  Some cities have started ordering LED fixtures with 3000 & 3500K color temperatures instead of the between 4-6000K color temps that have been seen going up. My PCP prefers HPS luminaires due to the warm hues.  I asked him what he says when people ask about the terrible CRI, and he said that if you want to see things for their color, wait for daylight, but streetlights are designed to light the street and if they do that, and do not affect the sleep patterns of his patients, then they are doing their job.  He thinks LEDs are just someone's political game
Same here! But, I HATE the Leotek Greemcobra!
M250R201SA

View Posts
View Gallery

JGriff021985 JMG717
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #25 on: April 04, 2020, 10:16:44 AM » Author: M250R201SA
Same here! But, I HATE the Leotek Greemcobra!

Agree to Disagree

"I know a thing or two about a thing or two...  I sure do."

Toiyabeshawn

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #26 on: April 05, 2020, 11:58:23 AM » Author: Toiyabeshawn
I haven’t figured out what our utility is using for LED replacements yet BUT they are UGLY, no style, space ship looking things. The ones our highway dept are using look a bit better but still lack the classic  “lines” of the 60’s GE cobraheads.
lights*plus

View Posts
View Gallery

George Liv Photo

GoL george.liv.37 UC_OfF2pa6aOcXLAut16jw9g
Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #27 on: November 14, 2020, 01:08:04 AM » Author: lights*plus
Worst corncob LED retrofit ever! Compare with previous HPS lamp.
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #28 on: November 14, 2020, 01:18:42 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Why in the hell did they put them in crooked like that ? Who ever converted these could have at least made sure that wires weren't sticking out of the fixture !   :curse:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

The Cooper OVX

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Worst LED Fixtures « Reply #29 on: November 21, 2020, 10:41:13 PM » Author: The Cooper OVX
Well I used to hate LED because I was used to HID but when I did some research some time this year I realized they were more efficient than HID and better for the environment than most other sources unless it is 3000K LED which is not as efficient as 4000K or 6000K but more efficient than HID. I still prefer HID over LED but the worst LED fixtures are the ones that fail quickly which are a few.

Common HPS fixture in many cities. slowly being phased out.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies