Author Topic: Why some Philips SON-E/I 70W, takes ages to hot restrike  (Read 1065 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Why some Philips SON-E/I 70W, takes ages to hot restrike « on: October 25, 2016, 01:32:07 PM » Author: dor123
Today, this was the second encountering with a Philips SON 70W internal ignitor lamp, that its thermal cutout takes ages to close. The lamp is located inside the first AEG Minikoffer at the path between Moshe Sharet and Ben-Zvi streets.
Several weeks ago, I've watched a 8:20 mins cycle of a Philips SON 70W inside one of the globe lanterns at the playground .
Today, I've stood under the AEG Minikoffer, and waited for it to cycle, as it is close to EOL, and sometimes changes brightness. As a result of a small power outage, it gone out, and I've waited 10:00 mins for the lamp to restrike .
Until recently, all Philips SON 70W I've seen, have their starter cutouts closing at 4:30 mins max.
Why some Philips SON 70W, takes ages for the thermal cutout to connect the starter back.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Why some Philips SON-E/I 70W, takes ages to hot restrike « Reply #1 on: October 25, 2016, 03:51:14 PM » Author: hannahs lights
Could it be that some of the slower lamps are just old and the internal mechanism is just getting tired or maybe its going low emission
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies