Author Topic: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories?  (Read 10151 times)
ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « on: November 21, 2016, 02:40:09 AM » Author: ace100w120v
OK, I just had to start this:
What are some of your crazy stories of things you saw, which, though not necessarily bad, made you think "WTF?", i.e things you just never had any life experience to suggest are possible?

Here's one from today:

I visit the transfer station (dump) near me all the time looking for lighting stuff and whatever else.  I live in Fairbanks, Alaska and right now it's home freezer temperature outside, about -5F.  Somebody dropped off a bunch of bread and other food items I don't and frankly don't care to remember in the reusable items area.  It's cold enough outside it won't spoil, but I'd just never had any experience to suggest such a thing was possible and thought "WTF?!"

What are some of yours?
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #1 on: November 21, 2016, 12:51:39 PM » Author: Flurofan96
When I was going back to Reading from London there was a tall fit looking man who was topless and he was rapping to his iPod/iphone to some of his tunes and therefore gave me and some passengers a true sight!!!

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #2 on: November 21, 2016, 10:59:22 PM » Author: xelareverse
There's a store near me that's being renovated. I wanted some old ceiling fans from there (Hunter originals). When I went to go ask for one of them they told me that they scrapped them all. I cried for about 2 hours. Then the most unexpected thing happened. [I passed by the building one night and I saw them relocated :o . glow] I'm happy that they got relocated and didin't get any. If I did get any the rest would be scrapped
« Last Edit: November 22, 2016, 02:00:25 AM by xelareverse » Logged
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #3 on: November 22, 2016, 07:33:04 PM » Author: Lumex120
How about when I saw that viral post on Reddit mocking LG?  >:(

Unofficial LG Discord

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #4 on: November 22, 2016, 09:54:34 PM » Author: ace100w120v
What one? I don't use Reddit.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #5 on: November 22, 2016, 10:18:35 PM » Author: Lumex120
What one? I don't use Reddit.
http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=4609.0
 >:( >:(

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #6 on: November 27, 2016, 08:40:43 AM » Author: Lumex120
If you need more WTF in your life, search "Black friday 2016 fights and deaths".  ::)

Unofficial LG Discord

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #7 on: December 11, 2016, 11:56:39 AM » Author: xelareverse
One time i stepped on a C6 christmas bulb in just socks an it didn't hurt my foot
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #8 on: March 21, 2017, 11:54:03 AM » Author: Lumex120
Here are some more I should add:
1. One time when I was on my computer in my room, the pull cord on the window blind just randomly started swinging as if something had hit it

2. My computer and monitor turned on by themselves one time in the middle of the night

3. I was testing a metal halide lamp, when it suddenly goes out then restrikes 4 seconds later. It was at full power and shouldn't have been able to re-strike that fast (it was a 70w metal halide lamp)

Unofficial LG Discord

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #9 on: March 22, 2017, 12:14:34 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
@Zarlog:
Your house is haunted :lol:

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #10 on: March 22, 2017, 11:32:30 AM » Author: Solanaceae
Probably just the other nite. It was around noon at night here and I was drifting to sleep. Suddenly I hear a few weird voices coming from the kitchen. I look over, the door is locked and I can't see anyone obstructing the lights on the appliances. I'm staring over there when I hear a widower voice call my name twice, then a THUD, and then the fridge kicks in suddenly sounds odd, like an industrial sized compressor and a fighter jet and with a bit of a metallic grinding. I never heard the fridge make that noise before then, and it hasn't done it again yet.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #11 on: March 23, 2017, 05:24:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
Mannnnn do I have a great WTF story for you guys. It's funny because I was going to make a thread talking about this, but
since this thread is about weird stuff, I figured I'd bring it up here. I had one of the STRANGEST dreams I've ever had in my life,
just a couple of days ago. (May even vlog about this someday) I was walking around inside a lit but completely abandoned Kmart.
(I've got absolutely no idea how I ended up in there, or where this Kmart was even located.) Despite it being my dream, the Kmart
was completely lit with T8 lighting much similar to what we see today. -_- Anyway, I kept walking around and all of the sudden
a random floating medium sized fish that looked a lot like Marlin from Finding Nemo, floated my direction, stopped, and looked at me
with wide eyes. "Are you sure you want to die?" It said, with a shaky voice that sounded like patrick from spongebob. Then suddenly everything
went dim and there was a Yes< No, option. I panicked and tried to move the arrow that was pointing to the yes towards the no with brain power, but I
had no control over it, and the arrow randomly pointed to the no option, but then quickly back to the yes. The yes option got selected
despite my efforts, and everything slowly went dark. That was the end of THAT dream. Although I'm a little weird at times, that dream was
beyond my level. Waaaayyy beyond my level.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #12 on: March 23, 2017, 06:12:17 PM » Author: Ash
You dreamed this tonight ?

Possibly at the very same time, on the other side of the world, this was broadcast on TV :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yqmHq6_S8tA
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #13 on: March 23, 2017, 06:20:04 PM » Author: Lumex120
Mannnnn do I have a great WTF story for you guys. It's funny because I was going to make a thread talking about this, but
since this thread is about weird stuff, I figured I'd bring it up here. I had one of the STRANGEST dreams I've ever had in my life,
just a couple of days ago. (May even vlog about this someday) I was walking around inside a lit but completely abandoned Kmart.
(I've got absolutely no idea how I ended up in there, or where this Kmart was even located.) Despite it being my dream, the Kmart
was completely lit with T8 lighting much similar to what we see today. -_- Anyway, I kept walking around and all of the sudden
a random floating medium sized fish that looked a lot like Marlin from Finding Nemo, floated my direction, stopped, and looked at me
with wide eyes. "Are you sure you want to die?" It said, with a shaky voice that sounded like patrick from spongebob. Then suddenly everything
went dim and there was a Yes< No, option. I panicked and tried to move the arrow that was pointing to the yes towards the no with brain power, but I
had no control over it, and the arrow randomly pointed to the no option, but then quickly back to the yes. The yes option got selected
despite my efforts, and everything slowly went dark. That was the end of THAT dream. Although I'm a little weird at times, that dream was
beyond my level. Waaaayyy beyond my level.
You sure that was a dream? That's some horror game stuff there.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #14 on: March 23, 2017, 09:55:49 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yep, that was a dream. Incredibly weird and unforgettable, but it was thankfully just a dream.
Of course I was freaked out during the dream, but looking back, I think it was absolutely hilarious.
@Ash, this was a couple nights ago. It was almost like that scene in Pokemon, only much more sudden, creepy, and strange in comparison.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 09:58:08 PM by suzukir122 » Logged

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies