Author Topic: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories?  (Read 10172 times)
don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 07:36:14 PM » Author: don93s
OK...here's something funny/WTF: Amazon has a rather peculiar looking lighting pipe sconce. I dunno if it's a joke or whatever; I'm not offended but find it odd to be on there. It may be taken down as soon as complaints roll in...lol

LINK
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 08:34:35 PM » Author: Lumex120
OK...here's something funny/WTF: Amazon has a rather peculiar looking lighting pipe sconce. I dunno if it's a joke or whatever; I'm not offended but find it odd to be on there. It may be taken down as soon as complaints roll in...lol

LINK
This has to be a joke...  ;D If I had the cash I would buy one just for lulz.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #17 on: April 03, 2017, 11:14:46 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ohhh yeah. OHHHHHHH yeah. That's gonna be taken down.
Just give it time. haha

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #18 on: April 04, 2017, 12:09:00 AM » Author: Lumex120
I am gunna post that on Reddit real quick...

Unofficial LG Discord

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #19 on: April 04, 2017, 10:37:04 AM » Author: Lumex120
Sure enough, it has been taken down.  ;D For anyone in the future reading this, it was a steampunk lamp shaped like a swastika.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #20 on: April 04, 2017, 02:34:33 PM » Author: suzukir122
I knew that would happen. hahaha
Must've been some kind of joke

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #21 on: April 11, 2017, 12:10:27 PM » Author: Lumex120
Here's a good one you probably haven't heard of.
Google "Mandela effect" and see what comes up. It's pretty odd/creepy some of the stuff that apparently is affected by it. (For example, I, along with lots of other people remember the spelling as "Berenstein bears" and not "Berenstain".

Unofficial LG Discord

Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #22 on: April 11, 2017, 06:26:32 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Coming home from a concert and getting psd after having THREE glasses of white wine and your comments show the obvious boozy nature

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

Aveoguy22
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #23 on: April 12, 2017, 12:43:09 AM » Author: Aveoguy22
Coming home from a concert and getting psd after having THREE glasses of white wine and your comments show the obvious boozy nature

LOL saw that yesterday.  wondered what was going on
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #24 on: April 12, 2017, 04:14:45 AM » Author: Mercurylamps

I too saw that and I'm relieved to see you are okay Fluorofan.  :-[ ;)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #25 on: April 12, 2017, 08:49:14 AM » Author: suzukir122
Had another ridiculous dream the night before. Brace yourselves. Here goes:

I ordered a burger from Rally's. ("Checkers," depending on where you live) It was
a simple, regular cheese burger. I pulled up to the window. After I paid, the lady quickly gave
me the burger and said, "Have a great day." She then quickly closed the window. I sat there
thinking about how suspicious that was, shrugged my shoulders and continued out of the drive thru.
"Too suspicious. Toooooo suspicious." I remembered constantly telling myself... so I checked the sandwich.
Everything looked just fine. Suddenly, a random cartoon looking gray blob popped up from under the
cheese. "Maaaaaannnnnn," I remembered saying before throwing the sandwich, for whatever reason. The
sandwich ricocheted off the steering wheel towards the passenger side before landing on my girlfriends lap.
"That's it! That's it! I've had it!" She yelled fieriously. Then I woke up. I don't know what she did, but
whatever happened, it instantly ended the dream.
I also don't know what in the heck prompted me to have that dream in the first place.

Interests:

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #26 on: April 12, 2017, 12:11:24 PM » Author: AngryHorse
My funny story from my old job.....
About 10 years ago at the auto parts factory I use to work at, the paint shop lads made a `dummy` from a pair of white painters overalls stuffed with old masking paper and hung it on the paint conveyor with an air fed mask on, a pair of yellow rubber painters gloves, and a spray gun in its hand.
During the 2/10 shift the `dummy`, made its way down to the press shop, where the press lads painted it camouflage, routed out a rifle from a piece of SMC, and put it in a sniper position on top of the press shop office.
About 3:30 in the morning a dumb (...) group4 security guy drove past the factory and shone his torch through the little window at the front of the building.
Now, the press shop office was a fair way from the window, and all the lights were off, but he could just make out this `dummy` on top of it, ringing the managing director, (who lived in Telford), about 50 odd miles away, to get hold of a set of keys to get in with, and having the Police there when he arrived to `apprehend`, the intruder!!!!! we can only guess the look on his face when they got in!!!!!

I swear this is true............... ;D
« Last Edit: April 12, 2017, 12:18:35 PM by AngryHorse » Logged

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

"Beauty fades, dumb is forever".......Judge Judy :D

toomanybulbs

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #27 on: April 18, 2017, 03:20:51 AM » Author: toomanybulbs
oddest was waking up and finding a real human skeleton perfectly posed "riding" my bike.
a bunch of pics were taken but none survived.
looked like the typical harley t shirts of the time.
a bible thumper family a few doors down said i was evil for associating with satanic guys on bikes.
my friends thought it was a perfect prank and it was.
a skeleton on a harley.
on millions of tshirts and now a real sighting!
one of the guys had "borrowed" a real skeleton from some university.
how he pulled that off is still unknown but i still get jokes and comments about it.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #28 on: April 18, 2017, 04:16:45 AM » Author: suzukir122
Did you ever let the family know that you got pranked? Also, thumbs up
to you for being on two wheels, and thumbs up as well if you live in the same city as me.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #29 on: September 25, 2017, 02:01:24 PM » Author: CEB1993
I could go on and on with this thread ;D

This is just one of many stories I have.  I am about at my wits end with people being nasty at the office.  Just when I thought I had seen it all, I discovered something rather unusual on the counter next to the sink in the bathroom.  There were paper towels strewn across the counter and there was a toilet paper holder next to the sink.  Did someone take a dump in the sink?!  That's what it looked like  :o  

One time when I was at one of my favorite restaurants, I had an English waiter.  He was relatively new and was working with another more experienced waiter.  I ordered a sandwich with chips on the side.  When my food arrived, my sandwich came with French fries.  I understood this misunderstanding because the British term for fries is chips.  Chips (such as Pringles) are called crisps.  

When I was living with my friends in the apartment at my college last year we had this random girl come up to our side window, knock, and ask for a girl named Sarah.  This was at 11:00 p.m. so it kind of freaked us out.  The following week, my buddy told me that it happened again while I was away.  Same girl, asking for Sarah and knocking on our window.  

We had a really bad ant problem in our apartment one time.  The ants would crawl in through my roommate's window because our apartment was on the ground floor of the building.  It was really gross, having those ants all over our bedrooms.  I would randomly hear my roommate scream and curse from the next room when they would sneak in.  He set a trap with a cup of water with dish soap, that would make them sink instantly.  I drank a cup of coffee with cream and sugar and left the empty cup on my desk.  The next time I came into my room, there were over 100 ants crawling all over the mug, up the leg of my desk, and across the floor.  I about screamed  :o  It was like the Interstate 95 of ants traveling across my room to the sugar residue in my coffee mug.  

« Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 10:46:58 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies