Author Topic: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories?  (Read 10148 times)
Flurofan96

View Posts
View Gallery

Celebrating my 10th Anniversary on LG

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 03:09:19 PM » Author: Flurofan96
Ha another crazy WTF story from me

Back in June this year I was invited to my uni friend's secret 21st B day which was organised by his girlfriend! We had such an awesome time and I got very tipsy, but not too badly as I was able to walk properly and so on! When the party finished, I was offered to stay at my friend's girlfriend's parents flat. I slept in the spare room and my friend was probably going back from the bathroom and then he went into my bed aside me  ;D :D and I admit he squished me a little. Fast forward to the break of dawn, his girlfriend woke up and saw us two sleeping together. She said "OMG why you sleeping with Peter?"

Lighting-Gallery member since June 2014

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #31 on: September 25, 2017, 04:15:14 PM » Author: suzukir122
Ha another crazy WTF story from me

Back in June this year I was invited to my uni friend's secret 21st B day which was organised by his girlfriend! We had such an awesome time and I got very tipsy, but not too badly as I was able to walk properly and so on! When the party finished, I was offered to stay at my friend's girlfriend's parents flat. I slept in the spare room and my friend was probably going back from the bathroom and then he went into my bed aside me  ;D :D and I admit he squished me a little. Fast forward to the break of dawn, his girlfriend woke up and saw us two sleeping together. She said "OMG why you sleeping with Peter?"

Ladies and Gentlemen, that is why... I don't drink. hahaha  ;D

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #32 on: September 25, 2017, 05:18:30 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
yesterday, i was leaning back in my chair against the wall in class, and the chair lost traction with the floor and made me fall straight on my arse then slid down to laying flat on the floor... I have a higher pain tolerance so i did not moan or cry or any nonsense like that, i just laughed... and prettymuch just stayed laying on my back, at that point i no longer cared (usually dont anyway) stayed on the floor for about 10 minutes, then it was time for class to get out, lol we were reading books.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #33 on: October 06, 2017, 10:04:31 AM » Author: CEB1993
Here's my advice: Never drink moonshine.  That stuff will mess you up and make you ashamed of yourself the next day haha! 

...I barfed in a sink  :P
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 10:07:33 AM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #34 on: October 07, 2017, 12:54:44 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Here's my advice: Never drink moonshine.  That stuff will mess you up and make you ashamed of yourself the next day haha! 

...I barfed in a sink  :P
moonshine like 90% alcohol right?  lol

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #35 on: October 07, 2017, 07:55:44 AM » Author: CEB1993
moonshine like 90% alcohol right?  lol

It varies a lot. Most moonshine is at least 40% alcohol while the strongest can be up to 80% alcohol. There are a lot of illegal moonshine distilleries up in the backwoods of the Blue Ridge mountains in SC, NC, and TN near where I live that make unregulated moonshine that might be almost entirely pure alcohol.  That stuff is truly dangerous.  I've heard rumors that it can power gasoline motors in cars, lawnmowers, etc.

The stuff I drank was 40% alcohol and flavored like creamy coffee and chocolate. I got so sick because I have a low alcohol tolerance and I'm lactose intolerant.  Me with the after effects of moonshine, not one of my finer moments.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #36 on: October 10, 2017, 02:20:39 AM » Author: suzukir122
Falling out of the chair and then playing it off by laying down on the ground, folding a leg on top of the other, and resting
my head on my hands as I say, "Ahhhh." Now THAT really sounds like something I would do. Fall off of the chair and just kick back
and relax, though everyone saw it all take place.

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #37 on: October 20, 2017, 03:28:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
Today, I discovered a broken fluorescent light in the storage/recycling room at work.  A former employee (who was recently fired for obvious reasons) would go in there and violently throw around cardboard boxes, looking for one that was the right size for her purposes.  We think she threw a large box and broke the light cover and knocked the the T8 bulbs loose (possibly breaking them, too :o)  She was one of many lunatics to have past through my workplace haha  ;D

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #38 on: October 20, 2017, 11:26:17 PM » Author: suzukir122
Get her outta my office. I want her outta my office. (Donald Trump voice.) haha

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #39 on: October 21, 2017, 12:02:17 AM » Author: CEB1993
Get her outta my office. I want her outta my office. (Donald Trump voice.) haha

LOL!  She drove everyone crazy and finally screwed up a whole set of files and cussed out several other coworkers, blaming them for her mistakes.  I could tell she was seriously not well in the head.  I want to print out a meme to put at her now uninhabited cubicle  ;D

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #40 on: October 21, 2017, 07:44:32 AM » Author: suzukir122
Honestly, the light being broken should've been enough to get her fired in itself. That's damage to property lol

Interests:

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #41 on: October 21, 2017, 08:19:32 AM » Author: funkybulb
There a couple of times i got stuff on Ebay. What picture
showed. Than  what i received for better suprise
One of them was  getting a S56 westinghouse
Ceramalux. I ended up getting a S56 westinghouse
Corstar Lamp with a clear arc tube.  That was a WTF
Moment in a good way. The other one is a 4 watt sylvaina BLB older capped one. And i received
A brass capped Sylvania BLB . 

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #42 on: October 21, 2017, 08:35:44 AM » Author: suzukir122
There is so far only one time I had to deal with a WTF type of situation regarding Ebay.
I ordered a 20w metal halide track light (wouldve been my first one ever) and instead I ended up receiving
a 48w halogen track light. I forget the reason why I couldn't take it back an receive a refund, but I was furious.
Beyond furious. I managed to sell it to one of my friends who lived close by at the time.

Interests:

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #43 on: October 22, 2017, 11:49:35 AM » Author: Lumex120
There is so far only one time I had to deal with a WTF type of situation regarding Ebay.
I ordered a 20w metal halide track light (wouldve been my first one ever) and instead I ended up receiving
a 48w halogen track light. I forget the reason why I couldn't take it back an receive a refund, but I was furious.
Beyond furious. I managed to sell it to one of my friends who lived close by at the time.
Ouch, sorry to hear that. Did you try opening an "item not as described" case? If this was recently and you still want one I have a few 20w metal halide track lights (but they require proprietary Lightolier track that isn't cheap) that I might be getting rid of soon.

Unofficial LG Discord

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Your funny/weird/ridiculous "WTF?" stories? « Reply #44 on: October 22, 2017, 11:57:53 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not even sure I had the ability to do that since I didn't buy the product through my account. (I bought it
as a guest.) But there was more to why I couldn't take it back and I forget what that reason was.
This was a little over a year ago and I've since bought metal halides from different sellers. (3 track lights)
I bought one track light from one seller, who actually included 2 extra lamps. This was perfect because I found
another seller who was selling multiple MH track lights, so I bought 2 track lights from him. I still use all 3
track lights as up lighting in my room, sitting on tables temporarily.
Believe it or not, despite my weird placement for them, these light my room perfectly.

Interests:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies