Author Topic: The Sky Fights Back against HPS!  (Read 15052 times)
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #15 on: June 25, 2016, 07:54:12 AM » Author: FGS
Wow. People sure used to hate HPS back in 2008. Now, it seems like no one cares anymore about HPS and is now hating LED. By the way, I have never heard of an LED streetlight getting hit by lightning... great, here come the conspiracy theorists.

Well, some people tend to always hate whatever is new and becomes popular...
Back in 2008 or so, people were hating HPS and musing about the LED's "bringing back the white light".
Now the (I would guess even the same) people are hating the LED's...
And if this site would be running back in the 30's, they will be hating the medium pressure MV's, back in the late 19'th century the hated would be whatever electric light...

That pretty much summed what I've been thinking of "what if LG was formed in..." For each lighting tech breakthrough there will be Anti(whatever tech developed) like today's AntiLEDs.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #16 on: June 25, 2016, 09:34:20 AM » Author: hannahs lights
I'm anti LED and slightly less anti CFL because they are a technology forced down our throats also they can ruin radio reception which is another reason. Although what I really hat is greenbrainers they make me sooooo cross!
wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #17 on: June 25, 2016, 09:35:24 AM » Author: wattMaster
I have a soft spot for LED, and one reason is because my first thing in my lighting collection was an LED.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2016, 03:46:18 PM by wattMaster » Logged

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #18 on: April 26, 2018, 10:55:12 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I really wish that was LED

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #19 on: April 26, 2018, 01:15:43 PM » Author: dor123
This thread is from 2008, where LED lighting was really non-existed yet.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 02:23:59 PM » Author: Lumex120
Ah, the mid-late 2000's where everyone hated HPS because LED wasn't really a thing yet.

Unofficial LG Discord

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #21 on: April 26, 2018, 02:36:10 PM » Author: Rommie
Ah, the mid-late 2000's where everyone hated HPS because LED wasn't really a thing yet.
I never hated HPS. I didn't like it as much as LPS, but I never hated it.

All light sources have their place, even LED. It's just that I don't believe LED is any good for street lighting.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #22 on: April 26, 2018, 02:49:01 PM » Author: Max
It's just that I don't believe LED is any good for street lighting.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #23 on: April 26, 2018, 03:04:35 PM » Author: Rommie
Fair enough, you're as entitled to your opinion as I am. And as entitled as I am to state it.

The animation is a little OTT though, if you don't mind my saying so.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #24 on: April 26, 2018, 03:06:40 PM » Author: wattMaster

The thing is, us constantly talking about beating the dead horse is beating the dead horse.

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: The Sky Fights Back against HPS! « Reply #25 on: April 26, 2018, 03:13:39 PM » Author: Rommie
The thing is, us constantly talking about beating the dead horse is beating the dead horse.
Can't we just agree to disagree..? I don't want to fall out with anyone. LED does have its place, I fully admit that. But why am I so wrong for saying I don't like it in street lighting..? I'm not trying to force anyone to agree with me if they don't want to, all I'm asking is that they respect my viewpoint, just as I (try to) respect theirs.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion; please let's not have this thread degenerate to the point that the admins have to close it, as has happened not too long ago on another thread.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies