Author Topic: Any vegetarians/vegans on here?  (Read 1803 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « on: February 19, 2017, 02:16:44 AM » Author: xelareverse
Am I the only one?

Edit: I am vegetarian but I also put vegan in the title because it's in the same category.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:31:06 PM by xelareverse » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #1 on: February 19, 2017, 02:42:28 AM » Author: Ash
I am vegan
dischargecraze

View Posts
View Gallery

Tom

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #2 on: February 19, 2017, 02:05:44 PM » Author: dischargecraze
Why are you guys vegan if I might ask?
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #3 on: February 19, 2017, 02:28:53 PM » Author: xelareverse
I am vegan

Well great to hear, in Israel do you guys have companies that make meat substitutes from soy like MorningStar or Boca?
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:32:14 PM by xelareverse » Logged
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #4 on: February 19, 2017, 02:35:21 PM » Author: xelareverse
Why are you guys vegan if I might ask?
I'm actually vegetarian, but the reason we are vegan/vegetarian is this: we either care for animals or health reasons, you'll understand if you've ever seen an animal get slaughtered.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 02:37:54 PM by xelareverse » Logged
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #5 on: February 19, 2017, 03:52:23 PM » Author: Ash
I care for animals

I care for the environment :

- It takes huge resources to raise animals (land area to grow food for them, water for the crops and for the animal's direct consumption) over the length of their lifetime in the industry. All that to make a product out of it once at the end of this period. It is many times more efficient to just grow crops for ourselves

- The breathing and farting of farm animals accounts for a triangle of its own in the pie chart of greenhouse gases emissions caused by humans. (by humans because we are the ones who grow the animals in such huge quantities)

"Well great to hear, in Israel do you guys have companies that make meat substitutes from soy like MorningStar or Boca?"

We have. But i dont eat any of that. I just eat vegetables/fruits/.... for what they are, or things made out of them. Dont need any specially made meat "retrofits"
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #6 on: February 19, 2017, 08:39:30 PM » Author: xelareverse
The environment is also a very good reason, all the food that's being fed towards these animals could be used for feeding people who are starving
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #7 on: February 23, 2017, 01:54:19 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
Not vegan/vegetarian but my younger brother watches what he eats really closely. He eats a lot of health foods, protein products and fruit/veg. He does eat meat too. I eat fairly healthy but occasionally I will have a "binge day" and work it off with exercise.
James

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #8 on: March 18, 2017, 10:00:48 AM » Author: James
Another vegetarian here!  Partly for diet reasons and care for the animals, but also because when I grew up the Chernobyl reactor had just blown up, and its cloud of debris rained down over the part of the country where I lived.  After that a lot of the meat was contaminated and the price of the imported stuff skyrocketed so much my parents simply gave it up.  And then when that was just about over, came the Foot & Mouth disease and more meat bans.  And next the mad cow disease was just getting started.  So after all that, like many other people in the area who had grown up for a few years without meat, we found we actually didn't like it so much anymore, and carried on without.  I suppose your tastes are determined to a large extent by what you are used to eating when you are a young child.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Any vegetarians/vegans on here? « Reply #9 on: March 24, 2017, 10:03:31 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm not vegan, but since I'm physically fit and I weightlift often, food source is one of my number one concerns.
That's why I've thought about being vegan time and time again but I've never done it. I've also thought about attempting
the 60 day vegan challenge (YouTube) but still haven't done it. Good topic btw!

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies