Author Topic: update this site omg  (Read 14246 times)
Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #75 on: April 07, 2020, 02:19:48 PM » Author: Danny
Yeah,  haha i prefer the @ response lol
Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #76 on: April 07, 2020, 03:00:04 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I too have been guilty of using the quote and i agree its a mess, i have tried to change the text to grey when quoting but grey isnt an option in the colour box so i have to hit black and then replace it with grey in the text.

Going forward I will do the @ thing and if i need to quote i'll make sure its a few words  or a sentence maximum and not the whole box

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: update this site omg « Reply #77 on: April 07, 2020, 03:03:06 PM » Author: Rommie
I too have been guilty of using the quote and i agree its a mess, i have tried to change the text to grey when quoting but grey isnt an option in the colour box so i have to hit black and then replace it with grey in the text.
Use italics. It's a lot easier to distinguish.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #78 on: April 07, 2020, 03:06:56 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Use italics. It's a lot easier to distinguish.

True, Heres what Id like to see implemented and i think it will be great. ....the default for quote should be brown and italic like I just used and it should be implemented across both forum and gallery

« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 06:06:17 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: update this site omg « Reply #79 on: April 07, 2020, 03:19:03 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
<<snip>>

Going forward I will do the @ thing and if i need to quote i'll make sure its a few words  or a sentence maximum and not the whole box
I just quote the relevant section of the post; seeing a very long post quoted, then just a single sentence at the end is very annoying.!  :curse:
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:33:27 PM by Mandolin Girl » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #80 on: April 07, 2020, 03:21:32 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
The quote functionality could be better. Like to make more clear where quote starts and ends.

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #81 on: April 07, 2020, 03:38:02 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
Roi does making it both italic and grey in colour help a bit ? I think it looks pretty decent with those changes, Ive placed a suggestion for it to be changed this way as default

I think also instead of it saying
Quote from: Lightingguy1994 on Today at 02:00:04 PM , it should be changed to Quote from: Lightingguy1994
« Last Edit: April 07, 2020, 03:43:34 PM by Lightingguy1994 » Logged

Administrator #5

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: update this site omg « Reply #82 on: April 07, 2020, 03:40:34 PM » Author: Rommie
Roi does making it both italic and grey in colour help a bit ?

Ive placed a suggestion for it to be changed this way as default

It works for me, although just the italics is good enough as far as I'm concerned. I don't need the colour change, although I appreciate some people might find it easier on the eye. Perhaps indenting the quoted material a bit further as well could be a possibility..?

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Danny

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: update this site omg « Reply #83 on: April 07, 2020, 03:44:23 PM » Author: Danny
Maybe it all being highlighted in a blue colour or a red colour. However not a too bright blue or red though. This would help a lot more too.,
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: update this site omg « Reply #84 on: April 07, 2020, 05:07:29 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Maybe it all being highlighted in a blue colour or a red colour. However not a too bright blue or red though. This would help a lot more too.,
Any of the many suggestions would work, even if it's as simple as increasing the indent.  :-\

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: update this site omg « Reply #85 on: April 07, 2020, 05:24:32 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah I remember when @username was the standard in replying to people especially on the gallery which didn't have the ability to quote messages at the time. Agreed that the quotes are used excessively at times especially on the gallery and the fact the quotes are the same style and colour as the main text makes it worse.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: update this site omg « Reply #86 on: April 07, 2020, 10:32:21 PM » Author: 589
Keep
It
Simple
Stupid

The KISS method is always a winner even if it’s not the best. Updating for security and stability reasons would be the best course of action for a good while. We can talk of further modifications later. Within the context of this being a community ran site by a few folks in their spare time I think it good to keep the major changes to stock SMF & coppermine distributions to a minimum for reliability, serviceability, upgrades, and portability. I agree with most that content is king and is the reason why we are all here, it’s the people and what we share that makes this site. The site itself should do as little as possible to get in the way, which I like to think it is perfectly acceptable as it is currently.

I’m also registered on a forum using SMF 2 and it has the same look and feel with a nice fresh coat of paint on the user end.

If I had the time and knowledge I would gladly donate them. In the meantime, I would be happy to put some bread in the jar to help the cause if money is what’s slowing this down.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies