Author Topic: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use?  (Read 5587 times)
xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « on: May 11, 2017, 08:57:28 PM » Author: xelareverse
Is there anyone here who's not using any LED bulbs in their house or is that just me? The only LEDs in my house or Night Lights, Electronics, and one under cab fixture which will soon be replaced. The under cab might actually stay because it's not Shining Light directly into my eyes but it will most likely go. I'm also probably going to replace the night lights with incandescent as well. There still are two LED bulbs in use in my shed but I'll go out and buy a few more packs and that soon won't be a problem. But the 20 or so other lights in my shed are not LED ( my shed has a first floor and a second floor). Right now my house is lit entirely by halogens, CFLs, mercury vapor, T5 high output, and T8. Is there anyone else here who doesn't use LEDs?
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #1 on: May 11, 2017, 09:10:41 PM » Author: sol
Save for two S6 indicators that kept going EOL, I have none. Outside is CFL, incandescent, MV and HPS, and inside is a mixture of incandescent, halogen, T8 fluorescent (preheat) and CDM. In the basement, I have spiral CFL and T12 on magnetic and electronic. Oh, and a few 2-pin PL and 8W T5 lamps for good measure. Most of my ballasts are magnetic. All other LED are indicators that are integrated into electric/electronic products.

So no, you're not the only one. I plan on keeping it this way for as long as possible.
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2017, 11:22:36 PM » Author: RyanKorponay12
i have no leds in my house what so ever everything is incandescents and some f40t12s

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2017, 11:58:17 PM » Author: suzukir122
Man you are definitely not the only one that doesn't have any LED's in use. LED's will not TOUCH any of the light
fixtures in my home. Ever. My living room is lit with 7 T8/T12 desklamps. All of them magnetic, high power factor,
and Trigger Start. My kitchen (which also lights up my living room) is lit by 2 T12 rapid start fluorescent fixtures.
(One is currently electronic since I wanted to see what it's like to use an electronic rapid start ballast. I don't like it,
so it will not be electronic for much longer.) So most of my apartment lighting is magnetic. My laundry room is lit by
2 new GE CFL's but I'm making plans to look for more vintage style CFL's on EBay. My bathroom is lit by four Great Value CFL's,
(3 now since one is EOL) but I'm making plans to go towards vintage CFL's for the bathroom as well. And finally, my bedroom, is
currently lit with 4 electronic metal halides. One 25watt par38 from Philips, and 3 20 watt track lights. All 4 are very very
bright.
I'm not completely anti-LED, and may use them with flashlights or maybe motorcycle headlights (even that's not likely) or car back lighting,
but that's about it.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #4 on: May 12, 2017, 12:55:21 AM » Author: xelareverse
Nice to still see people out there like me
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2017, 01:36:44 AM » Author: Ash
No LED lighting except when i was running experiments

My in use lighting is mostly CFLs (in the parent's places where the lanterns are their ex-Incandescent ones, some of them decades old). The lighting i put up is magnetic and electronic PL and magnetic T8 (in rooms), HPS (outside light and work light), Incandescent (in places where its rarely switched or used for short time)

In the LED experiments i tested different types of LED lamps or luminaires in different places of the house, comparing the effect to the normal lighting i put up there or to other lighting from the collection
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #6 on: May 12, 2017, 03:13:29 AM » Author: dor123
The NISKO MR16 LED lamps at the kitchen and the dinning table, are the only LED lamps in my hostel. I don't use LED lamps in my room, but Only CFLs, my 21W T5 and my 70W MH tracklight.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #7 on: May 12, 2017, 06:58:33 AM » Author: xelareverse
Good job to all of you!
RyanKorponay12

View Posts
View Gallery

Ryan Korponay The Ballaster
Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #8 on: May 12, 2017, 09:25:00 AM » Author: RyanKorponay12
i wont touch leds,CFLS,and t8/t5s

The Ballaster!!! *Poof*...

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #9 on: May 12, 2017, 12:03:44 PM » Author: FGS
Oooo, that reminds me. I'll need to buy stocks in the electric utility companies. Thanks guys. ;D ;)

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

hannahs lights

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #10 on: May 12, 2017, 02:42:19 PM » Author: hannahs lights
No LEDisease here my house has 2CFLs 1 in the upstairs landing light one in downstairs hall the kitchen has an 8 foot flouro lamp the rest of the house is lit by incandescent. My shed is lit by twin 36 watt flouro and one HF ballast 4 foot tube and I'm proud of it too
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #11 on: May 12, 2017, 04:47:04 PM » Author: Ash
Looks like most of us use efficient lighting even though it is not LED. That is CFLs and FLs of different types, and HIDs

I wonder if there is anyone with Incandescents and Halogens in significant use ?

I have one Incandescent in a place where it is doing lot of hours. That is a night light in the entrance of the parents room, throughout the colder parts of the year. They use electrical heating, so the heat of the Incandescent contributes to the heat of the room and is not wasted. At the summer i swap it with a small CFL. There are more Incandescents in places that see little or short time use like stairs or bathrooms

At a friends house i took part in repairing the lighting when they moved in - The place is still 90s/early 00s classic with Halogens in the entrance/living/dining rooms, but needed a little touch up of the wiring (burned up bad connections in couple places) and some EOL lamp replacements. The light quality is superb. They like the way it is, i think it is great too - And so the Halogens stay

There are a couple on dimmers, and a few more on an on/off switch. The only change i made was to put lower wattage lamps in the ones that are on a switch. They rarely use the lights on the high dimmer settings. In the lights on the switch were the EOLs i replaced, the lamps on the dimmers are still the originals from when they moved in a few years back, and i dont know how long they worked there before that

The bedrooms used to be both with Incandescents. But in one room the lantern (a ceiling fan with light) short circuited (in the fan motor) and we replaced it with a magnetic PL lantern. Other room still Incandescent

Their electricity bills are same as typical bills for CFL lit house. This is not surprising, with the way how they use the lights on the dimmer and the low power lamps in the on/off switch lights. Which is example of how the use and suitability for application determine the energy use, not the lamps Lm/W

xelareverse

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #12 on: May 12, 2017, 06:09:50 PM » Author: xelareverse
I use halogens
Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #13 on: May 12, 2017, 06:45:42 PM » Author: Lodge
I don't collect any lights I don't use, so I'll admit it I use LED's, they might only be up for a few weeks and then self ballasted HID might replace them, it really depends on what I find at the Re-Store, is one better then the other it really depends on personal preference, but right now today it's self ballasted MH, PL florescent, neon glow lamps, Low pressure sodium, high pressure sodium, LED's, and vintage incandescent replicas, but it's the Weekend and that means another trip to the Re-store so it might all change tomorrow...   
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Anyone here who still has no led bulbs in use? « Reply #14 on: May 12, 2017, 08:16:39 PM » Author: sol
In the main living area (first floor) I have mostly halogen and incandescent (GLS). The T8 kitchen under cabinet and indirect light above the bookcase as well as the HID table lamp are the most used although the halogens do get a fair amount of use. The second floor is almost all GLS except the bathroom which is halogen but the high cycles make the lamps wear out faster so I'm considering a replacement (non-LED). In the bedrooms, I have table lamps with a socket dimmer (the hi-lo-off kind where the high is direct mains, the low is through a diode).

So yes, I have incandescent in significant use.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies