Author Topic: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead?  (Read 11495 times)
Mr. Big
American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « on: June 28, 2008, 03:09:03 AM » Author: Mr. Big
it shaped funny,its made out of fiberglass,has an external ignitor what is it its a durastar possibly worst idea far a fixture the cooper ovx looks better
form109
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2008, 03:17:03 AM » Author: form109
The durastar has broken my screen too many times!!! :o I only like the OVXs when they are painted different colors :D
form109
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 03:24:02 AM » Author: form109
yeah ovx arent that bad to me especialy when painted in a non standard color such as green
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 03:45:54 AM » Author: lite_lover
Yep, the dura star is very ugly.I remember another fixture from years ago, with a weird name that was called a Pyle, it was kinda crude.It was a Pyle of crap. ;D

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #4 on: July 09, 2008, 11:08:18 PM » Author: Foxtronix
I saw a bunch of those Pyle fixtures in many parking lots. Beside a Durastar it's a PURE BEAUTY!

lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #5 on: July 10, 2008, 01:01:33 AM » Author: lite_lover
Yeah that's true. ;D Are the Pyle fixtures that you saw in the parking lots still around?

The brighter the better.

Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #6 on: July 10, 2008, 12:36:14 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Yeah certainly  :) but some of them are missing their lenses and sometimes the gasket is dropping. These ones will surely be replaced soon :(

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #7 on: July 12, 2008, 10:11:05 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Does anyone have a picture of what Pyle looks like?

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #8 on: July 20, 2008, 02:26:45 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
Does the Durastar even qualify to be a Cobrahead?

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 05:55:11 PM » Author: FGS
I wonder what these things will look in black or some other color other than the standard gray.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

arcblue

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #10 on: July 25, 2008, 12:36:29 AM » Author: arcblue
Nooooo! I like Durastars. They are unique. Hey, the Crouse Hinds OV-15, the Joslyn spaceship, the Form 109 - not exactly the most attractive fixtures either, but they each have their unique style.

Please if anyone finds a Durastar, send it to me, I will put it up in my garage, I don't want to see it get smashed.

If there's one fixture style that I don't care about, it's got to be the lowly shoebox style. They are everywhere and they are about as unique & interesting as, well, a cardboard shoebox. Even with mercury lamps in them, they are BORING!

I'm lampin...

form109
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #11 on: July 25, 2008, 12:53:57 AM » Author: form109
what :o,oh well everybody has opinions ;D
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #12 on: July 25, 2008, 10:12:55 AM » Author: Foxtronix
Arcblue, if you like it, that's your opinion and I respect it. If the different parts of the Durastar would be more symetric, the Durastar could be much more beautiful... Look at this photo (credits to David F. for the photo) and you will understand...

chapman84
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #13 on: July 25, 2008, 10:19:09 AM » Author: chapman84
personally i think american electric could do much better,the model 13,25 & 327 are my favorite american electrics,but thats just my opinion,the durastar is definetly unique,every light has its own unique feature that gives it a personality.
chapman84
Re: American Electric Durastar: possibly worlds ugliest cutoff cobrahead? « Reply #14 on: July 25, 2008, 01:08:11 PM » Author: chapman84
I think the Durastar is a poor excuse for a streetlight, it looks more like a kid's toy.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies