Author Topic: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes?  (Read 9605 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #30 on: April 28, 2018, 03:40:00 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Cinnamon butter-I have done the same-mix it in a food processor-ideal for this job!
I'd almost forgotten that we had one of these, that'll make life a lot easier.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #31 on: April 28, 2018, 08:00:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I have at last got all the ingredients to make some bananananana bread, it's only taken me since March of 2016 to get off my backside.!!  :D

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #32 on: April 29, 2018, 11:12:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I can't cook... It is one thing I feel shameful of that... but hey... nothing I can't learn!

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #33 on: May 01, 2018, 11:53:19 AM » Author: Rommie
I can't cook... It is one thing I feel shameful of that... but hey... nothing I can't learn!
I can't cook either, but I don't need to, I've got Sammi  ;D :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #34 on: May 01, 2018, 06:08:46 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I can't cook either, but I don't need to, I've got Sammi ;D :D
Yes, we had one of our favourite dishes tonight:

Braised beef & Italian red wine Mezzalune with ricotta cheese and a pepper sauce.

The pasta was shop bought fresh egg pasta and the sauce was a Schwartz sauce mix, but the whole meal was ready to eat twenty minutes after going into the kitchen.  :)
« Last Edit: May 01, 2018, 06:11:37 PM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #35 on: May 01, 2018, 06:13:41 PM » Author: Rommie
And very nice it was too :D  :-*

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #36 on: May 02, 2018, 07:13:00 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
You guys should try some Icelandic food, it’s really good IMO

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #37 on: May 05, 2018, 07:26:07 PM » Author: Rommie
I have at last got all the ingredients to make some bananananana bread, it's only taken me since March of 2016 to get off my backside.!! :D
We finally made some today, for a first attempt for both of us, it wasn't bad at all. A little rich perhaps, but we'll get it right next time ;D
« Last Edit: May 05, 2018, 07:27:48 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #38 on: May 07, 2018, 07:05:04 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We finally made some today, for a first attempt for both of us, it wasn't bad at all. A little rich perhaps, but we'll get it right next time ;D

It needed to be a bit lighter but still tasted all right, we will have to look at getting a proper mixer, but not one at prices we saw today.!!  :o

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #39 on: July 22, 2018, 03:23:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
It needed to be a bit lighter but still tasted all right, we will have to look at getting a proper mixer, but not one at prices we saw today.!! :o

Bananananana bread mark IV was made today and it came out perfectly. Cooked just right (unlike the last one) and with added raisinses. We have invested in a little hand mixer and that makes all the difference.  ;D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #40 on: July 22, 2018, 03:26:55 PM » Author: Rommie
And very good it is too  :)

We've promised some to our upstairs neighbour, who's a chef, so he can give his verdict, but he's away until tomorrow, so whether we'll be able to contain ourselves until then remains to be seen  :D

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #41 on: July 22, 2018, 03:59:19 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

We've promised some to our upstairs neighbour, who's a chef, so he can give his verdict, but he's away until tomorrow, so whether we'll be able to contain ourselves until then remains to be seen
  :D
Or leave any to be tasted... ::)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #42 on: July 24, 2018, 06:18:20 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl

We've promised some to our upstairs neighbour, who's a chef, so he can give his verdict, but he's away until tomorrow, so whether we'll be able to contain ourselves until then remains to be seen
  :D
He gave us top marks for it, and when I mentioned it while on the phone to mummy she would like some the next time we go out to see her.  :)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #43 on: July 26, 2018, 01:53:50 PM » Author: CEB1993
I created a zesty burger sauce that really jazzes up any kind of cheeseburger.  It's like a spicy version of 1000 Island dressing.

Equal parts ketchup and mayonaise

One tablespoon of lemon juice

One tablespoon of Hungarian paprika

Stir all of these ingredients together in a small dish and spread on your burger.  Adjust the amount of paprika and lemon juice based on how much ketchup and mayo you use, and how spicy you like your sauce.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Anyone who likes to cook or has any recipes? « Reply #44 on: July 29, 2018, 10:55:23 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I mix up what the family calls froth juice as a way to start the day:
Makes enough for 2 servings

Ingredients:
1 raw egg
8 fluid ounces of fresh orange juice
2-3  Tablespoons of Glucose Powder

Method:
Place all ingredients in a blender and whiz up for a few seconds until thoroughly mixed.
Pour into glasses and enjoy. :)
« Last Edit: July 29, 2018, 10:57:34 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies