Author Topic: Newbie Here / Lamp Query  (Read 7113 times)
Madness
Newbie Here / Lamp Query « on: July 01, 2008, 01:47:21 AM » Author: Madness
Hello I'm new here but had a question concerning an old lamp. The lamp is one of those large GE globes (not sure of its exact "G" bulb designation). It has one of those metal disks near the bottom of the filament stem and (peering up into the bulb from the clear bottom), a horizontal linear filament & three supports -- one in the center of the filament & one for each lead-in wire. The stamp says: GE150W & then ·41 (41 preceded by a solid dot) below that. I also have the slightly-beat-up blue & yellow sleeve ("General Electric U.S.A.") to go w/ it. Would anyone know how old it might be? I'd post a picture if my digital camera hadn't gone south (might try w/ a scanner, though).
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Newbie Here / Lamp Query « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2008, 10:35:46 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I will contact someone I know who can help you with it :-)

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: Newbie Here / Lamp Query « Reply #2 on: July 02, 2008, 05:33:14 AM » Author: Silverliner
That's not quite that old. From the description of the packaging it came with, the lamp dates to May 1999 and the dot to the left should be a star actually. It's just a factory code. Home Depot still sells the GE 150w G-40 like yours but in a redesigned yellow packaging. Hope this helps.

Hello I'm new here but had a question concerning an old lamp. The lamp is one of those large GE globes (not sure of its exact "G" bulb designation). It has one of those metal disks near the bottom of the filament stem and (peering up into the bulb from the clear bottom), a horizontal linear filament & three supports -- one in the center of the filament & one for each lead-in wire. The stamp says: GE150W & then ·41 (41 preceded by a solid dot) below that. I also have the slightly-beat-up blue & yellow sleeve ("General Electric U.S.A.") to go w/ it. Would anyone know how old it might be? I'd post a picture if my digital camera hadn't gone south (might try w/ a scanner, though).

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

Madness
Re: Newbie Here / Lamp Query « Reply #3 on: July 02, 2008, 06:17:07 AM » Author: Madness
Ok, thanks for the information. The lamp has been sitting in my closet for I don't know how long. I found it when I was cleaning a few weeks back. But, unless it's a printing error, there is definitely a dot preceding the 41. About the diameter of a pencil point I'd say. I made an attempt to capture the lamp w/ a flatbed scanner, here.
GE M-400A1

View Posts
View Gallery

My Pontiac 6000 STE

Re: Newbie Here / Lamp Query « Reply #4 on: July 20, 2008, 02:19:20 AM » Author: GE M-400A1
I have an older G-40 Lamp too!

My Cars:

1986 Pontiac 6000 STE

1996 Chrysler Concorde LXi

1998 Chrysler Cirrus LXi

Lumalux

View Posts
View Gallery

Alex's World of Christmas Lights!

Re: Newbie Here / Lamp Query « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 11:28:35 PM » Author: Lumalux
Madness:

That metal disk attached to the stem is a heat deflector.  Since this lamp is higher wattage and is likely to be burned base up, the heat deflector protects the lamp socket.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies