Author Topic: Stop LED Streetlights  (Read 16766 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #30 on: September 25, 2017, 09:32:41 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't mind them too much, aslong as they dont take my lights I'm happy, and my city is entirely lit by MV,HPS  and MH to this day, aside from downtown which the renovated to look nicer, but that was only some low to the ground fixtures, the HPS that was originally there is still there aswell.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

wattMaster

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #31 on: December 11, 2017, 09:49:48 PM » Author: wattMaster
I checked some stats today and I have over 300 unique visitors! :o

SLS! (Stop LED Streetlights!)

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #32 on: December 11, 2017, 10:38:00 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Congrats  8)

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #33 on: December 13, 2017, 04:05:05 PM » Author: Rommie
The good thing about LED fixtures-means maybe you can get the old ones for our collections

Unfortunately not. I asked the local authority here and they said they are only allowed to dispose of them to authorised recycling companies  >:(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

18W Goldeye / 52W R&C LED front door lighting

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #34 on: December 13, 2017, 07:02:34 PM » Author: Lodge
Unfortunately not. I asked the local authority here and they said they are only allowed to dispose of them to authorised recycling companies  >:(

That is a programmed answer they provide you so you stop asking, call the city councillor in your area, get them to ask, the taxpayer had to buy them to start with so you should be able to buy them surplus if you intend to reuse them, which is better then recycling them in the third world for the environment, and the city councillor knows you vote but it never hurts to remind them of that fact and if they still insist on saying only approved recyclers get them ask how you bid on the contracts they will tell you, everything government does has rules they have to follow and they can't sole source things unless it's highly classified stuff, which street lighting isn't..

I would also look to see if they have a surplus website I know we have them here but the store you can visit has way more stuff in it and it's all silent bid...  

They even have 4 cheap stage lights selling right now for a $45 (about £26) minimum bid Here
« Last Edit: December 13, 2017, 07:07:30 PM by Lodge » Logged
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #35 on: December 13, 2017, 08:52:55 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
That is a programmed answer they provide you so you stop asking, call the city councillor in your area, get them to ask, the taxpayer had to buy them to start with so you should be able to buy them surplus if you intend to reuse them, which is better then recycling them in the third world for the environment, and the city councillor knows you vote but it never hurts to remind them of that fact and if they still insist on saying only approved recyclers get them ask how you bid on the contracts they will tell you, everything government does has rules they have to follow and they can't sole source things unless it's highly classified stuff, which street lighting isn't..

I would also look to see if they have a surplus website I know we have them here but the store you can visit has way more stuff in it and it's all silent bid...  

They even have 4 cheap stage lights selling right now for a $45 (about £26) minimum bid Here
I'd totally turn those into one of those floodlight systems (you know the ones with the generators attached to them?) and fit them with 400W clear mercs... it'd look so cool.... it'd take some modificatons to the reflector assembly and the sockets but that'd make for one Overpowered floodlight (since they're fresnels) and since those things usually have 500W Halogens or incandecents.. i doubt a 400W merc would put much stress on them.... however I'm not sure how well a 400W bulb would fit.. perhaps a 250W bulb would work better but not as powerful...

~Owen

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #36 on: December 13, 2017, 09:00:20 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Actually on second thought... i did not scroll through the images.. appears they're Ellipsoidals ... they look much like an older fresnel type fixture at first thats why i had assumed thats what they were... nonetheless they'd be cool with a HID lamp in them...

~Owen

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #37 on: December 14, 2017, 01:05:10 AM » Author: Lodge
Actually on second thought... i did not scroll through the images.. appears they're Ellipsoidals ... they look much like an older fresnel type fixture at first thats why i had assumed thats what they were... nonetheless they'd be cool with a HID lamp in them...

I was almost thinking about getting them and sticking a LPS light in them sticking out the front like some kind of steampunk flamethrower, and I'd also try to buy the philips goldfinger 55 watt LPS they have on the outside of the building again, but I try to buy that every time I visit, It's one of the very few that I know of around me, but I've been told I'm not allowed to buy things like this around this time of year by the other half...
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #38 on: December 14, 2017, 10:10:45 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I was almost thinking about getting them and sticking a LPS light in them sticking out the front like some kind of steampunk flamethrower, and I'd also try to buy the philips goldfinger 55 watt LPS they have on the outside of the building again, but I try to buy that every time I visit, It's one of the very few that I know of around me, but I've been told I'm not allowed to buy things like this around this time of year by the other half...

That usually means that you might be getting one as a present...  ;)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Lodge

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #39 on: December 14, 2017, 06:29:20 PM » Author: Lodge
That usually means that you might be getting one as a present...  ;)

If I got SOX gear I would be totally stoked, but I know I'm not getting those lights on that site because that's not her bidding name..
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #40 on: December 14, 2017, 08:57:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I actually like that idea more than mine... i might do this someday... but first i need to obtain LPS stuff first lol... and a stage fixture.. it'd be even cooler with a barndoor assembly up front... it'd look like some sort of alien gun lmao

~Owen

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #41 on: December 16, 2017, 05:40:11 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
The inexorable march of LED street lamps has reached my mother's street, but those ones have been fitted with a diffuser. They are still awful, but not nearly as much of a glare bomb.

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #42 on: December 16, 2017, 05:40:54 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
If I got SOX gear I would be totally stoked, but I know I'm not getting those lights on that site because that's not her bidding name..

Bummer  :(

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #43 on: December 16, 2017, 05:41:49 PM » Author: Rommie
The inexorable march of LED street lamps has reached my mother's street, but those ones have been fitted with a diffuser. They are still awful, but not nearly as much of a glare bomb.

They're still ghastly, but not as ghastly as the ones round here. We still prefer the MH fittings that were there before, though...
« Last Edit: December 16, 2017, 05:44:11 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Stop LED Streetlights « Reply #44 on: December 16, 2017, 05:43:19 PM » Author: Rommie

How can you tell..? They usually anonymise other bidder's names, don't they..?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies