Author Topic: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER  (Read 22877 times)
Joe Maurath, Jr.

View Posts
View Gallery

Transgender, Avid About Street Lamps, Insulators.

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #120 on: March 31, 2021, 12:27:12 PM » Author: Joe Maurath, Jr.
Nothing wrong with that ofcourse, I'm 100% ok with it basically my feeling is 'you love who you love' race/gender/etc shouldn't matter :)
Might be worth keeping it quiet at your work? Unless you know for sure people there are truly ok?
but yeah like you say probably a different subject .lol.
 Maybe that's the one I was thinking of...though I was actually thinking it was more like this?? But maybe that was on one of the other sites.

Love has no gender nor any other boundaries. :love: I am transgender (male to female and have been for years) and in this world that is my business and nobody elses. However, I am openly so and I know who my real, true and authentic friends are because they do not judge others and accept me for being just that! So be mighty proud of who you are, what you collect, have for interests, etc., and always stand up and believe in yourself! :-* :-* :-*

"A secret to happiness is letting every situation be what it is, instead of what you think it should be, and then making the best of it."

Please refer to www.insulators.info where I periodically post many images of lights and insulators in the group's Picture Poster Gallery. Thank you.

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #121 on: March 31, 2021, 08:18:23 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Love has no gender nor any other boundaries. :love: I am transgender (male to female and have been for years) and in this world that is my business and nobody elses. However, I am openly so and I know who my real, true and authentic friends are because they do not judge others and accept me for being just that! So be mighty proud of who you are, what you collect, have for interests, etc., and always stand up and believe in yourself! :-* :-* :-*

I'm not open but maybe if I was I'd be happier lol. I still struggle though with feeling confused. Not sure what I am I guess whether it be gay, straight, bi. Well straight can probably be marked off the list so I guess bi is ok. I'd rather be one or the other it would be my decisions how I want to spend the rest of my life easier.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #122 on: March 31, 2021, 08:20:03 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm not open but maybe if I was I'd be happier lol. I still struggle though with feeling confused. Not sure what I am I guess whether it be gay, straight, bi. Well straight can probably be marked off the list so I guess bi is ok. I'd rather be one or the other it would be my decisions how I want to spend the rest of my life easier.
Just be yourself.  :-*

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #123 on: March 31, 2021, 08:29:08 PM » Author: HPSM250R2

Sounds easy lol.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #124 on: March 31, 2021, 09:52:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'm gonna shorten the quoted parts here(figuring people can refere back to them to see the whole thing if needed) so this doesn't end up being a massive long post

Never been in any kind of relationship and kind of doubt I ever will
{...}
I don't even know you (well, outside of LG) and I can tell you the first two parts are untrue. As long as you aren't going around stomping on kittens or scamming people or other crap like that there are people out there who appreciate, admire, or like you and you just don't know it. I for one can tell you that I seriously think your Christmas light collections and how passionate you are about them is pretty awesome. I don't know anyone else, even on LG, who is like that. Honestly, I kind of get the feeling that if I knew you in real life, we would be good friends. Wish I could give you a hug.
Yep. I totally get some of what you said in the first part, because I feel some of that too

You'll just have to believe me on the 'nearly un-frienable' thing, it really is true
A kitten is way too cute to think about harming (thinking of kittens, someone on the weather discord I visit just posted a little vid of some very young kittens in the off-topic section, and they're just the cuttest little things!)
And yep I love my Christmas lights (maybe lights in general are my first love, plants or tropical fish are my 2nd, and storms are my 3rd .LOL.LOL. )
If you knew me in real life, my un-frienable-ness would probably drive you away. not that I'd try to, its just how that 'nearly un-frienable' thing works.

It's kind of funny how I met a special someone or in this case 2 special someones and yet they're a few thousand miles across the Atlantic.
Ria, Sammi, I raise my glass high in a toast to you both. :love:
{...}

Yep, sox35 & Mandolin Girl seem pretty cool!

With me, there is a possibility that, maybe, I should just... get out more. I've been told that I'm an attractive guy many times in my life,
but mainly by the women who are... taken. Every single time.
Either that or she has kids...
{...}
Yeah, getting out more would probably help some .lol.
Maybe once this Covid stuff has died down...

I wouldn't absolutely 100% rule out someone for having kids, but its also something that would deff make me less interested.

It'll help. Sammi and I haven't really tried to hide it since we've been together, we don't consider it anything to be ashamed of, so why should we..?  :love: :love: :love:
I don't see that you or anyone should be ashamed of, but depending on where you live(how accepting people are) there is the safety issue.

I had a co-worker a few years ago who was trans (female to male). First time I'd ever known anyone who was trans, and I just thought of him as like any other guy. People are what they are inside, so cool!

Sounds easy lol.
I think with time that confusion will go away & you'll figure out best where you fit in? (which might be a gray area somewhere between those words of gay/bi/straight)?
I think Mandolin Girl has the best advice in "just be yourself" ... somewhere inside, you'll figure out who "yourself" might be. (may or may not be easy)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #125 on: April 01, 2021, 07:20:48 AM » Author: Rommie
I don't see that you or anyone should be ashamed of, but depending on where you live(how accepting people are) there is the safety issue.
Fortunately we've never had any problems, people are very friendly around here, or at least they used to be before they all started wearing those awful things on their faces  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

LAllenLighting

View Posts
View Gallery

Better Dead than LED!

lucas.allen.12979
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #126 on: April 01, 2021, 08:06:56 AM » Author: LAllenLighting
I've never been in a relationship, though it's early days yet (I'm 17.) Since moving from school to college I've met new people and some special people who I would like to spend time with. The person I like plays the drums (and so do I). She's quite extroverted but seems very interesting, I'm a bit of a socially awkward person though...
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #127 on: April 01, 2021, 08:13:15 AM » Author: Rommie
I've never been in a relationship, though it's early days yet (I'm 17.) Since moving from school to college I've met new people and some special people who I would like to spend time with. The person I like plays the drums (and so do I). She's quite extroverted but seems very interesting, I'm a bit of a socially awkward person though...
Hey, another mad drummer, so am I  ;D

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

WigWag
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #128 on: April 01, 2021, 10:01:36 PM » Author: WigWag
Personally, I met my soul mate, I was just too dumb to do anything  :(
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #129 on: April 02, 2021, 10:55:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Fortunately we've never had any problems, people are very friendly around here, or at least they used to be before they all started wearing those awful things on their faces  :'(
That's good to hear!
And I'll sure be glad when Covid is .dead. (or atleast beat down) and those face coverings can be put away.

I've met new people and some special people who I would like to spend time with. The person I like plays the drums (and so do I). She's quite extroverted but seems very interesting, 
Maybe you should guys put together a band!

Quote from: WigWag
Personally, I met my soul mate, I was just too dumb to do anything  :(
That'd be similar to me if I ever was to meet a possible someone...
I'd be too clueless or oblivious to notice...
That if I did somehow bypass oblivious-ness, self-protect mode would kick in (knowing full well my un-friendable thing, I'd purposely avoid anything that could form a connection - to protect both them & myself from being hurt.)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #130 on: April 02, 2021, 11:26:55 PM » Author: Bulbman256

Hey Ria and Sammi,

As you say, it will all be better in the end, and if it's not better then it isn't the end. :love: My parents and a good portion of my relatives have already gotten the vaccine, as a 15 year old i can't get it but i am in the least deadly category so that doesn't matter too much. This summer people are gonna be sick of this whole thing and start doing things again with most peeps being vaccinated and safe. :) If some places ditch the mask mandate then people will go there instead of where they are with it, and it will put a chain reaction of economic pressure to reopen things. :bulbman:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #131 on: April 14, 2021, 02:21:31 AM » Author: thelightingman
I am still alone. :( :( :sadbulb:

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #132 on: April 14, 2021, 08:29:42 AM » Author: Rommie
I am still alone. :( :( :sadbulb:
You're still a youngster; it took me the best part of 50 years before I found Sammi. It's an old cliché, but there's someone for everyone out there. It might just take a while  :love:

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #133 on: April 14, 2021, 11:55:38 AM » Author: thelightingman
You're still a youngster; it took me the best part of 50 years before I found Sammi. It's an old cliché, but there's someone for everyone out there. It might just take a while  :love:

Thanks  :)

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #134 on: April 15, 2021, 08:38:53 AM » Author: alexd120
im 19 i havent found anyone yet. im a quiet person

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies