Author Topic: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER  (Read 23880 times)
CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #60 on: February 01, 2021, 09:51:37 AM » Author: CreeRSW207
I'm still interested in girls but I haven't seen a girl that has caught my eye (personality wise) and I haven't seen a girl that has shown hints to me in a while. I'm still focused on lights though, but if a girl confesses to me, I will think about it. As long as the girl can tolerate me an my lights, that's what matters.

The one that really made me think about girls is the girl who indirectly confessed to me. I regret messing things up with her.
If I do end up getting a gf I hope that girl will be fine with the lights, no way I’m giving them up!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #61 on: February 01, 2021, 09:59:04 AM » Author: Rommie
If I do end up getting a gf I hope that girl will be fine with the lights, no way I’m giving them up!
Mine encourages me to buy more  :mrg:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #62 on: February 01, 2021, 11:21:03 AM » Author: alexd120
I'm still single lol.
And I'm 19.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #63 on: February 01, 2021, 11:45:27 AM » Author: Econolite03
I have failed various times to get into a relationship. The last girl, I tried to be friends, hoping it would lead into a relationship overtime. I really liked her. I wrote notes, gave her a jar of candy, we texted (rarely though), and we became acquaintances. However it fell apart when I tried to start a friendship with her, as she basically spurned me, back-stabbed me, and lied. Apparently I wasn't good enough. She had no-problem with hanging out with everyone else, but me. One time she held hands with another guy IN FRONT OF ME, and when I went to talk to her set got irritated. A lot of other stuff happened but I won't go into detail for privacy. I'm waiting until I'm 18 (17 right now) before reconsidering a relationship.

Happy Valentines L-G  :eoled:.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 11:48:58 AM by Econolite03 » Logged

Now on Linktree

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #64 on: February 01, 2021, 02:09:24 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Whenever I try to hang out with a girl I like, I get really nervous. Back in elementary, I was teased for liking girls. One of the reasons why I get really nervous around girls is because I'm autistic.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #65 on: February 01, 2021, 02:22:13 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Even though I never had problems with bullying or anything like that, I just avoided girls (and still do) for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2021, 02:29:51 PM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
Desultory13
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #66 on: February 01, 2021, 04:24:11 PM » Author: Desultory13
Hey! For you younger guys read what I posted on the previous page and you'll understand!
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #67 on: February 02, 2021, 01:07:09 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Same here with most of you guys. I am autistic, so that, my lights, light switches, vintage hi fi audio stuff, the fact that the ReStore I go to is in the same town as my high school, and covid really hinder my small efforts.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #68 on: February 02, 2021, 10:33:05 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
You might even find somebody who will share the hobby with you.  :wndr:
And egg you on to spend more money on lampses...  :mrg:

Nah, thats impossible.

I'm agreeing with Owen (Homebrewlamps) of staying solo.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2021, 10:34:53 PM by lightinglover8902 » Logged

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #69 on: February 02, 2021, 11:19:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I know I posted back in this thread 2? 3? years ago .. like then still always have been single. (and don't see that changing).
Simple fact is not really interested in girls/dating/etc.

One good thing with always being single is you'll never end up with a broken heart..

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #70 on: February 03, 2021, 07:35:31 AM » Author: suzukir122
I'm a good looking guy, physically strong/athletic, intelligent, live alone... and although I have severe depression, I do feel
like someday I will find her. But one major reason why I'm single is because of that fear of getting hurt. So I do agree
with Xmaslightguy on that. You can't really get a broken heart when you're single.
I know I won't be single forever though.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

alexd120

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #71 on: February 03, 2021, 11:14:45 AM » Author: alexd120
I'll probably stay single.

Rapid start ,preheat metal halide mercury vapor and high pressure sodium for life.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #72 on: February 03, 2021, 11:23:39 AM » Author: Rommie
I'll probably stay single.
I said that until my mid-50's. Then I met Sammi and the world changed  :love: :love: :love:

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Lightingguy1994
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #73 on: February 03, 2021, 12:07:30 PM » Author: Lightingguy1994
I've been with mine for several years, she doesn't mind the lighting hobby. Says its one of the quirks about me she enjoys. I'm mildly autistic and she is not but we still get on great. So dont be hard on yourselves, there is someone for you.

I agree that staying single prevents heartbreak but it doesnt prevent a lonely heart. In my experience, repeated heartbreak will harden you and it will be easier to handle again compared to the first time.

If you enjoy pets, don't forget the unconditional love they provide without the risks, for some people this is all they need.

Administrator #5

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: THAT SPECIAL SOMEONE OR SIGNIFICANT OTHER « Reply #74 on: February 03, 2021, 12:19:32 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I said that until my mid-50's. Then I met Sammi and the world changed  :love: :love: :love:
And so did mine.  :-* :love:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies