Author Topic: How do I get away from being a "Newbie"  (Read 1980 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « on: December 31, 2017, 02:20:26 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Please help is there a certain # of posts to changes your level

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Roi_hartmann

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #1 on: December 31, 2017, 02:24:46 PM » Author: Roi_hartmann
There is, it's all explained here http://www.lighting-gallery.net/index.php?topic=2208.0

Aamulla aurinko, illalla AIRAM

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #2 on: December 31, 2017, 02:25:30 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
thank you

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #3 on: December 31, 2017, 02:26:37 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Patience... and yes posts... but i would not recommend posting a bunch of (...) just to farm up posts because you'll quickly become disliked, Just take your time and answer questions, ask questions etc etc... the usual that you've been doing and eventually you'll gain your non-newb status, but in actuality it really does not matter what your forum rank is because people know who you are...
« Last Edit: January 03, 2018, 07:24:29 PM by RCM442 » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #4 on: December 31, 2017, 02:29:09 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Thanks for advice

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #5 on: December 31, 2017, 02:57:08 PM » Author: Rommie
Patience... and yes posts... but i would not recommend posting a bunch of (...) just to farm up posts because you'll quickly become disliked, Just take your time and answer questions, ask questions etc etc... the usual that you've been doing and eventually you'll gain your non-newb status, but in actuality it really does not matter what your forum rank is because people know who you are...

Ah, but is that always a good idea..? :P :D ;)

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #6 on: December 31, 2017, 07:47:08 PM » Author: RCM442
Yes, you will eventually get away from being a newbie, but post spamming like you have been doing is not the best way to do it, we had one member do this, and he got post limited for overposting.
-first warning, don't spam the forum trying to get your post count up, it makes you look bad here.

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #7 on: January 01, 2018, 04:27:32 PM » Author: Rommie
Just a suggestion, relatively new here myself so not sure if it's been mentioned, but could an alternative system of 'ranking' (for want of a better word) be used..?

I notice that it is only posts in the message boards that advance the count, comments on images don't count - could some means of integrating these be considered..? I realise it may not be technically possible within the confines of the site software, but I thought it worth mentioning.

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #8 on: January 01, 2018, 08:10:42 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Just a suggestion, relatively new here myself so not sure if it's been mentioned, but could an alternative system of 'ranking' (for want of a better word) be used..?

I notice that it is only posts in the message boards that advance the count, comments on images don't count - could some means of integrating these be considered..? I realise it may not be technically possible within the confines of the site software, but I thought it worth mentioning.
lmao asked a similar question in the past...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #9 on: January 01, 2018, 08:13:33 PM » Author: Rommie
lmao asked a similar question in the past...

So as nothing has happened since, I'm assuming it's not possible..?

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #10 on: January 01, 2018, 08:24:04 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
So as nothing has happened since, I'm assuming it's not possible..?
The admins never really responded back to the topic after saying "we'll check into it" so idk, I'm assuming it is possible but whether they have time for it or want to take the time to do it is another story.... I actually just replied again to that topic because i forgot about it until you posted here....

~Owen

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #11 on: January 01, 2018, 08:26:14 PM » Author: Rommie
The admins never really responded back to the topic after saying "we'll check into it" so idk, I'm assuming it is possible but whether they have time for it or want to take the time to do it is another story.... I actually just replied again to that topic because i forgot about it until you posted here....
Ok, well having been a site admin I know it's a thankless job and not the easiest of tasks, so I don't want to put pressure on anybody, but it would be good if consideration could be given to the idea.

RCM442
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

rcm442 UC1Q-wYhi9O-1q4ugOaOZ9dA rcm442
Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #12 on: January 03, 2018, 04:57:47 PM » Author: RCM442
I suppose we could try and implement it, but I could also see how it could be abused...

LEDs need to stop taking over everything
Administrator #4
Need help with something on the site? Let me know!

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #13 on: January 03, 2018, 05:01:56 PM » Author: Rommie

I suppose we could try and implement it, but I could also see how it could be abused...

Anything can be abused, it's how that abuse is dealt with that counts. Not trying to tell you your job, but it might just stop people posting huge amounts of junk just to get their ratings up..

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: How do I get away from being a "Newbie" « Reply #14 on: January 03, 2018, 05:46:59 PM » Author: 589
I must be looking at the wrong topics if people have been spamming.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies