Author Topic: Gallery of Lights No Longer?  (Read 50376 times)
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #195 on: August 12, 2022, 07:39:09 AM » Author: rjluna2
Thanks, Joe :)

Would you like me to contact Ian?

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #196 on: August 12, 2022, 12:49:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
He's the only one that can fix it, so yeah.
rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #197 on: August 12, 2022, 04:47:09 PM » Author: rjluna2
PM sent on both sites.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #198 on: August 17, 2022, 12:33:23 PM » Author: rjluna2
Can anyone get hold of the administrator of the Gallery of Lights to see if this can be resolved?  Thanks.

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #199 on: August 17, 2022, 12:43:29 PM » Author: Burrito
The admin appears to be no longer active?

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #200 on: August 17, 2022, 06:18:21 PM » Author: joseph_125
I don't think the owner, Ian is that active on GoL either, and he's the only one with access into the host to fix it.

Unfortunately the last time he was active seemed to be about a year ago when the site had a similar glitch.

I did remove a page prior uploading a new page, but that problem persists ???

I tried it with one of my pictures and it worked as you can see here.

You should be able to upload if you delete a picture. IMO something like this where the light isn't the primary focus of the screenshot and isn't the best quality is stuff I would consider deleting to free up file slots.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2022, 06:33:02 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #201 on: August 17, 2022, 07:38:11 PM » Author: Burrito
Yeah, and the site isn't secure either. Maybe a bot got a hold of the site and screwed up the image uploading piece???

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #202 on: August 17, 2022, 08:37:47 PM » Author: Econolite03
I think GoL needs to be restructured, along with a good rebrand / revamp to freshen things up and increase its appeal to better compete with other sites. With all do respect, I think the current owner should pass it down to someone who might be more proactive.

Crazy idea that I’ve thought of: Worst case scenario, perhaps it could be merged with L-G. If that happened (don’t worry, which I doubt ever will), it could still be named Gallery of Lights, but have a caption saying “a subsidiary of Lighting Gallery” or something like that. Don’t take it too seriously, just something I’ve thought of.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #203 on: August 17, 2022, 08:48:17 PM » Author: Burrito
I don't think the owner would be able to pass down owner abilities

Molly

View Posts
View Gallery

The wild Lampent hates LEDs!

mollylovesreptiles UChSn_GuLy2eE43RAiEFyoEw mollylovesreptiles
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #204 on: August 17, 2022, 09:32:59 PM » Author: Molly
I think GoL needs a co-owner.

If you want to use any of my photos, please ask me for permission, and make sure to add credit. Thank you! :love:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #205 on: August 17, 2022, 09:37:39 PM » Author: Econolite03
I don't think the owner would be able to pass down owner abilities
IIRC, L-G had its ownership transferred to Patrick several years ago so it's doable. If they can't do that there, then the writing is really on the wall for that site.
Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

No.

Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #206 on: August 17, 2022, 09:46:30 PM » Author: Burrito
yeah

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #207 on: August 17, 2022, 10:18:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: HM1000
Yeah, and the site isn't secure either. Maybe a bot got a hold of the site and screwed up the image uploading piece???
Actually no. They're completely separate things. The "not secure" is on the viewing side, it simply means your connection to the server is not encrypted...and on a forum/gallery site like LG or GOL, its actually completely meaningless.
Where you want a secure/encrypted connection is if you're dealing with financial stuff like transactions or personal/private data - stuff not meant for public viewing.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #208 on: August 17, 2022, 10:26:09 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I have a fair bit of updates to make to my streetlight gallery on GOL (mostly corrections/additions to add to existing photos, but also a few pic't to add too)
I'm hesitant to even bother putting the time into it.
(Don't get me wrong, I like my streetlight gallery there & would like to keep it updated, but since the site seems to be going by the wayside......)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Gallery of Lights No Longer? « Reply #209 on: August 18, 2022, 01:28:17 AM » Author: joseph_125
Unfortunately there have been features on GoL that have been broken for years, mostly cosmetic ones such as the banner on the gallery, the missing stars above the profile pics, the profile pics in the gallery and the link to the forum from the gallery.

The main issue is that most of the original members have either moved on from lighting or have migrated to LG so there's not much of a incentive to post content to GoL, I have posted from time to time but it's mostly just what I already posted to LG.

I think both things meant GoL is having trouble attracting enough activity on there. Personally I wouldn't mind it just to be merged with LG, however there are a lot of pictures on there that don't meet the criteria on LG. GoL was rather loosely moderated and so never had the picture restrictions that LG had.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies