Author Topic: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August  (Read 9842 times)

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

2018 Georgia Meetup in August « on: March 06, 2018, 12:09:38 PM » Author: 589
Hey all! With last year being such a success I figured why not do another meet this year? I've talked to DieselNut and he has graciously agreed to host another in August this year for those who wish to come. There's not really any structure to it so no worries about what to do. Some folks bring some of their collections to show/trade/give away. We've fired up some cool lights and gone photonicinduction (popped it!!) on a few too! Its a great time to swap stories and share knowledge as well. I wanted to post here to get an idea of who would like to come and a date in August that would work for as many people as possible. Keep in mind this isn't just for folks in GA either, whoever wants to travel down here is welcome!

To get things started off on this thread who would like to come and when in August are you available? Totally fine if you're not sure yet, I know its quite early in the year still.

I'm excited to get this going and see you guys again(or the first time) this year!! :hps:

:lps:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #1 on: March 06, 2018, 03:51:28 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Hey all! With last year being such a success I figured why not do another meet this year? I've talked to DieselNut and he has graciously agreed to host another in August this year for those who wish to come. There's not really any structure to it so no worries about what to do. Some folks bring some of their collections to show/trade/give away. We've fired up some cool lights and gone photonicinduction (popped it!!) on a few too! Its a great time to swap stories and share knowledge as well. I wanted to post here to get an idea of who would like to come and a date in August that would work for as many people as possible. Keep in mind this isn't just for folks in GA either, whoever wants to travel down here is welcome!

To get things started off on this thread who would like to come and when in August are you available? Totally fine if you're not sure yet, I know its quite early in the year still.

I'm excited to get this going and see you guys again(or the first time) this year!! :hps:

I wish I could!!!! I do not have car   :(

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 04:54:00 PM » Author: Rommie
I wish I could!!!! I do not have car   :(
Nor do we, although driving from here we might get a bit wet on the way  :D :P

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #3 on: March 06, 2018, 05:08:10 PM » Author: 589
You'd be surprised how far you can get on public transit if you are able to fly in. Not to mention uber-lyft

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #4 on: March 06, 2018, 05:41:39 PM » Author: Rommie
You'd be surprised how far you can get on public transit if you are able to fly in. Not to mention uber-lyft
It's a nice idea, but it's a little outside of our financial reach right now. Maybe in a few years  :)

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #5 on: March 06, 2018, 08:39:39 PM » Author: 589
It's a nice idea, but it's a little outside of our financial reach right now. Maybe in a few years  :)

I completely understand that, I couldn't afford to travel to the UK right now if I wanted to either (I want to though). I look forward to that day!

I wish I could!!!! I do not have car   :(

Excuses!!
Thats why they make planes bro :P 8)

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #6 on: March 07, 2018, 07:14:42 AM » Author: Rommie
I completely understand that, I couldn't afford to travel to the UK right now if I wanted to either (I want to though). I look forward to that day!
I hope you can get over here as well sometime, Andy. It would be good to meet you  ;D

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #7 on: March 07, 2018, 11:17:26 AM » Author: suzukir122
MAAAAANNNN I wish I could go to that meetup. More than likely not gonna make it... but that's about 5 months from
now, so you never know. Things can change.
I've been waiting for years for a meet up potential from Lighting Gallery members. Having been on this site for 7
years (it'll be 8 years sometime in August!) I've always wanted to see the faces behind the screen names. And then
also officially make new friends from this site. That meet up is an opportunity to finally do so.
I know I've missed meet ups in the past, but I never paid attention to the off topic and general discussion threads
back then.
But yeah man, besides motorcycles, lighting is a huge passion of mine. Meeting up with other lighting enthusiasts
out there would mean a lot to me.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #8 on: March 10, 2018, 12:00:15 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'd love to go to this!! but its just too far away. :mv:
Every spring the guys on the UK light forum do a meetup too, and I would really love to go to one of those as well.

I've never met anyone off LG or the various other 'fluorescent-light' forums, but I'm also on some 'Christmas-light' forums, and there's a group of members here in CO that do meetups - approximately monthly (9 of the 12 months). I do try to make most of those :)

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #9 on: March 10, 2018, 10:32:37 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'd love to go to this!! but its just too far away. :mv:
Every spring the guys on the UK light forum do a meetup too, and I would really love to go to one of those as well.

I've never met anyone off LG or the various other 'fluorescent-light' forums, but I'm also on some 'Christmas-light' forums, and there's a group of members here in CO that do meetups - approximately monthly (9 of the 12 months). I do try to make most of those :)

I just realized the title said August..... perhaps if I have my License by then...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #10 on: March 10, 2018, 11:46:27 AM » Author: 589
I just realized the title said August..... perhaps if I have my License by then...

ROAD TRIP!! ;D :D

nicksfans

View Posts
View Gallery

Down with lamp bans!

GoL the.baus.of.all.bauses UCDl2EWWZc9h1IZXcfGU9OZA nicksfans
Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #11 on: March 26, 2018, 11:56:05 PM » Author: nicksfans
I should be available. I don't currently have anything scheduled during any weekend in August.

I like my lamps thick, my ballasts heavy, and my fixtures tough.

My Gallery
Instagram
YouTube

Powell

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #12 on: March 27, 2018, 03:31:10 PM » Author: Powell
Likely I will be there. I just need to be home before dark, as a minor stroke has messed up my night vision.

NNNN!

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #13 on: March 27, 2018, 11:42:42 PM » Author: 589
I should be available. I don't currently have anything scheduled during any weekend in August.

Woohoo! :hps:

Likely I will be there. I just need to be home before dark, as a minor stroke has messed up my night vision.

I look foreward to seeing you there! Sorry to hear about your stroke, I hope you are doing well as you can regardless of it.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: 2018 Georgia Meetup in August « Reply #14 on: May 11, 2018, 12:33:19 AM » Author: 589
Just giving the thread a bump to keep it on people's minds. Any dates in mind?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies