Author Topic: BLUCK!!!!  (Read 7722 times)
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #15 on: November 16, 2020, 07:09:54 PM » Author: joseph_125
Yeah it's been listed for quite a while. Way overpriced even if it had the original components. It would probably cost around $70 alone just to get the parts to convert it back to preheat.
takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #16 on: November 16, 2020, 10:42:27 PM » Author: takemorepills
Unfortunately, the eBay seller probably discarded the original parts.

I could ALMOST forgive him for converting it to LED if he also included the original parts carefully packed along with the fixture.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

GoL UCOUT2noI2R__jgPSJUjGRtA
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #17 on: November 16, 2020, 11:17:33 PM » Author: Binarix128
It could forgive him if the price was reasonable, for for that price he put he deserves 100 years of listing. Also, looks like he picked up the crappiest components he could get, just take a look at the sockets. At least give something decent for that price, Isn't it fair? Also converting it to LED, "restoring" it with crappy parts and then calling it "original" is a complete BS. That's why nobody bought that, because that listing is fool proof and it's telling you not to buy it.  :lol:
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #18 on: November 16, 2020, 11:20:54 PM » Author: Lumex120
I just realized it's been up for well over two years now. Someone should offer $50 and see if they take it.

Unofficial LG Discord

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #19 on: November 16, 2020, 11:22:01 PM » Author: Binarix128
I just realized it's been up for well over two years now. Someone should offer $50 and see if they take it.
Best I can do for that BS is 50 cents including shipping.  :lol:
HPS_250

View Posts
View Gallery

Long live the HPS and SOX!

UCAjfrNb4v77ybEBBYqxZxiw
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #20 on: November 16, 2020, 11:29:46 PM » Author: HPS_250
Best I can do for that BS is 50 cents including shipping.  :lol:

If you’re in Chile the shipping would probably be more like 500 dollars!  :lol:

I’ve always been interested in all kinds of lighting, mainly incandescent and HID, and especially all kinds of sodium lamps (HPS/LPS). I’ll tolerate LED but I’m not a fan of it.
I’m not proud to say that my city has Devolved to LED.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #21 on: November 16, 2020, 11:39:39 PM » Author: Binarix128
If you’re in Chile the shipping would probably be more like 500 dollars!  :lol:
Yeah, very correct! Plus 250 bucks of the importation costs, and another 500 bucks of the lamp cost if SmashEX strikes and the seller screws me. That's shopping on Ebay be like down here.  ;D ;D
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #22 on: November 17, 2020, 12:59:25 AM » Author: joseph_125
I mean if I wanted it and had a spot for it I would offer like $20 for the shell. The main reason for such a low price would be the fact that the original gear and even the lampholders are all missing.
WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA

View Posts
View Gallery

HID, LPS, and preheat fluorescents forever!!!!!!

Worldwide HIDCollectorUSA
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #23 on: November 20, 2020, 07:08:37 PM » Author: WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA
I was concerned that this same thing would happen to the 60w SLI/H fixture that I saw on eBay that someone won for £77. I was concerned that someone would trash the rare 60w SLI/H lamp, ballast, fluorescent starter, and capacitor and convert it to LED.
« Last Edit: November 20, 2020, 07:10:11 PM by WorldwideHIDCollectorUSA » Logged

Desire to collect various light bulbs (especially HID), control gear, and fixtures from around the world.

DISCLAIMER: THE EXPERIMENTS THAT I CONDUCT INVOLVING UNUSUAL LAMP/BALLAST COMBINATIONS SHOULD NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNLESS YOU HAVE THE PROPER KNOWLEDGE. I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY INJURIES.

Binarix128

View Posts
View Gallery
220V AC 50Hz, NTSC

Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #24 on: November 21, 2020, 07:05:23 AM » Author: Binarix128
If they do that thing for such a rare fixture I would handled that.  @-@
LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: BLUCK!!!! « Reply #25 on: November 22, 2020, 05:33:37 PM » Author: LampLover
Unless someone who doesn’t know anything about lighting decides to waste a huge amount of money on this, I’d say it might be listed for 20 more years!  :lol:

Yes I hope no ones buys this
lol! Magnetic ballasts unreliable not! but the junk LED "tubes" yes

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: Dreaded LED conversion of vintage halfpiper fixture « Reply #26 on: March 30, 2021, 09:26:21 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
Someone bought it!

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Dreaded LED conversion of vintage halfpiper fixture « Reply #27 on: March 30, 2021, 09:36:06 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
Not necessarily . The listing could have just expired . Give it a week or so and it probably will come back like a bad rash !  :lol:

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Dreaded LED conversion of vintage halfpiper fixture « Reply #28 on: March 30, 2021, 11:16:21 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I'd rather see a vintage fixture converted to LED (using normal LED retrofit tubes) than thrown away & replaced with some cheaply-made 'all-in-one' LED thing that when the LEDs or driver dies, the whole thing needs replacement.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: Dreaded LED conversion of vintage halfpiper fixture « Reply #29 on: March 31, 2021, 03:17:15 AM » Author: AngryHorse
Yeah, I wouldn’t call it trashed?, technically its still a half piper in body if not in soul?

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies