Author Topic: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night?  (Read 9667 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #15 on: March 13, 2018, 12:06:44 AM » Author: suzukir122
One day I wish to be in that kind of situation as well... being able to be as loud as I want.
Unfortunately I can't, since I live in an apartment... although, I've never, ever heard one
peep out of my next door neighbor. Not even a foot stomp. I've talked to the guy a couple
times and I even asked him if he could hear me in my apartment -- same answer. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #16 on: March 13, 2018, 06:26:54 AM » Author: dor123
There were times where I got awakened in the middle of the night, because of compactor trucks of Kiryat Ata, disposing garbage in my neighborhood in the middle of the night.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2018, 06:40:43 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #17 on: March 13, 2018, 10:35:04 AM » Author: suzukir122
Ahh I forgot about that as well... over here they do the same thing... 4am in the morning or around that
time, the trash trucks are at work waking everyone at my apartment complex.
They definitely do that here as well. lol

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #18 on: March 13, 2018, 08:06:10 PM » Author: 589
It is pretty quiet here, the large amount of dogs that neighbors have bark all the time and will howl at every siren. After living in my house for many years they no longer bother me at night. Also my neighbors are good people so I'm mostly indifferent to it at this point.

The only slightly annoying thing is two of the dogs bark incessantly if they see you or hear something. So pretty much if I'm outside they're barking. 24/7

:lps:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #19 on: March 17, 2018, 05:58:58 PM » Author: Cole D.
My neighborhood was noisy last night, around midnight I heard a sound like a loud popping that almost sounded like firecrackers. I was still up and was sitting at the computer in my room. It almost sounded like the noise was coming from the laundry room next to my room, so I opened my door and went in the hallway and I could then tell it was from outside somewhere. My dog was in the living room and barked once or twice. I didn't go outside to investigate though, but it went on for several minutes. I still don't know what it was. It almost sounded like it was right next door, but no one is home over there right now.

Otherwise it was quiet last night.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 12:58:29 AM » Author: tolivac
Last night it was the attack of the BOOM CARS-so would love to have a paintball gun loaded with acid and "paint" their cars!!!!HATE those things!!!
RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #21 on: March 18, 2018, 02:06:40 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
grateful to live in a quiet area. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #22 on: March 18, 2018, 06:40:13 AM » Author: dor123
At Wednesday 14.3.2018 (dd.mm.yyyy), the neighbor behind my hostel, operated a string trimmer and a leaf blower, both with noisy two stroke engine.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

LandryB

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #23 on: March 18, 2018, 10:44:58 AM » Author: LandryB
Fairly quiet at night, there is a busy street about 500 ft. north of here but traffic is light after about midnight.
Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #24 on: March 20, 2018, 05:12:36 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
My street is rather quiet, it's a dead end road and there is only five neighbours in total.
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #25 on: March 20, 2018, 03:05:15 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
One noise that we do hear some nights is someone racing a car around, and from the way the sound echoes I think it must be coming from a multi-storey car park near us.  >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #26 on: March 20, 2018, 04:00:00 PM » Author: CEB1993
My current neighborhood is quiet and pleasant, but that's more than I can say for my apartment at my college I lived in until December 2016.

I lived with three friends in the 4-bedroom apartment (we each had our own room.)  Within the apartment, it was awesome and we had a good time living together  :)

However, the apartment building itself was poorly maintained and full of annoying neighbors.  We went through a phase where some guys would smash light covers on the wall outside.  Our next door neighbors would get drunk, blast loud music, and vandalize the communal areas outside their apartment at night.
 Most nights, people would run up and down the stairs outside our front door, congregate in the parking lot, slam doors, and stomp around in the rooms above us  :o  The laundry rooms were always a mess with people's laundry piled everywhere and often a broken washer or dryer.  Our apartment building had some obnoxious people living in it, but I was grateful to live with my friends, so it was all worth it  :)

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #27 on: March 20, 2018, 07:24:38 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
One noise that we do hear some nights is someone racing a car around, and from the way the sound echoes I think it must be coming from a multi-storey car park near us.  >:(

Yeah I hear the occasional car racing around nearby. It appears to be a young guy in a crappy old Ford with a loud exhaust fitted. Ruins an otherwise peaceful part of Australia. >:(
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #28 on: March 24, 2018, 03:24:06 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
While we were out today, we saw a sign that the council is going to block off the access from one end of the car park to vehicles, that may put an end to the cars racing about.  :-\

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is your neighborhood quiet or noisy at night? « Reply #29 on: March 24, 2018, 04:54:46 PM » Author: Ash
If the noise is from somebody racing circles inside, blocking one of the entrances won't really help...
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies