Author Topic: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture  (Read 11726 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #30 on: February 22, 2023, 05:50:26 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
90% of the Cooper OV lights don't impress me at all !

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

LightsoftheWest

View Posts
View Gallery

SRP for life.

streetlightian
Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #31 on: February 22, 2023, 06:13:45 PM » Author: LightsoftheWest
If we were talking about my all-time favorite Cooper/Crouse-Hinds fixture, it would probably be the McGraw-Edison Styleking. The Monitor is cool, too.

LG's #1 North American light fixture identifier

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #32 on: March 20, 2023, 08:06:17 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
OVY
OVG
OVX
OV-15 made by Crouse-Hinds
OV-25 made by Crouse-Hinds
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 12:13:26 PM by CooperOVZ » Logged

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

CooperOVZ

View Posts
View Gallery

OVZ

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #33 on: March 24, 2023, 12:22:33 PM » Author: CooperOVZ
I don't like the OVY either, but it has a unique prismatic sag glass that no other street light has. The OVF has an ordinary flat glass.
The OVF doesn't impress since it's horrible, but Cooper did manage to create an LED that really looks pleasing by taking the OVF and the OVH and turning them into LEDs instead of those other dreadful LED designs. The OVY is very cool, in my opinion, because of its prismatic sag glass.

Greetings, I'm CooperOVZ. My actual name is Kabir. Since I was nine years old, I have had a broad interest in lighting.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #34 on: March 24, 2023, 03:52:05 PM » Author: BT25
I kind of like the prismatic sag lens on the OVY compared to the clear sag lenses used in other cobraheads. As for the housing, I'm assuming it's built the same as my OVF, whose build quality didn't impress me.

The glass refractor is neat, but the casting is so thin it cracks easily.

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

Econolite03

View Posts
View Gallery

Matthew E.

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #35 on: March 24, 2023, 06:16:34 PM » Author: Econolite03
That’s when you get a real cobrahead, like a GE M-400 with a sag lens.
Robotjulep

View Posts
View Gallery

HID lighting is the best!!!

Re: favorite cooper/crouse hinds fixture « Reply #36 on: July 02, 2023, 10:35:16 PM » Author: Robotjulep
OVX, OVS, OVZ, OVM, and of course the off-road ORL box lights are my favorites.

I collect:
Light bulbs, fixtures, and gear,
Electric motors (Preferably AC induction motors),
Computers,
and Stereo equipment.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies