Author Topic: When do you go to bed/get up?  (Read 4431 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
When do you go to bed/get up? « on: April 21, 2018, 02:23:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
I usually try to go to bed by 11 during the week, though sometimes I stay up until midnight. During the week I have to get up by 6:30.

Now, usually on the weekend I stay up until 1 or 2 in the morning. I like how it's peaceful at night and I like to look outside my window at the streetlights and stars. Usually I stay up reading or listen to music. On weekends I like to get up early, but usually because I stay up late I don't get up until 8 or 9. I try not to stay in bed past 9 because I feel like I'm wasting time. This morning I set an alarm for 6 but I didn't get up until 7. But other than that I never use an alarm to get up, I prefer to wake up naturally.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #1 on: April 21, 2018, 07:10:03 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Usually I goto bed anywhere from 11:00 PM to 3:00 AM, some times I'll pull an all nighter aswell, I tend to wake up at 5:00 AM to 9:00 AM depending on the day. I am not very healthy when it comes to sleep... but I function just fine off a couple hours so I'm not too terribly inclined to change.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #2 on: April 21, 2018, 11:34:06 PM » Author: 589
when you get older it will most likely be harder to go for several days without a 6+ hour sleep without feeling like a zombie. Pulling 16 hour days for 7 days straight has me feeling like a zombie right now, woo!

:lps:

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #3 on: April 22, 2018, 03:26:35 AM » Author: tolivac
Since I work midnight shift-I go to bed at around noon-then wake up to eat supper and go to work at 9:30PM.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #4 on: April 22, 2018, 01:15:29 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Body naturally wakes up at 3 or 4 because of school
But other time I go days without sleeping and finally sleeping for 24 hours after that
During the school week I get 3 hrs a night (I have a job that makes me work until 11pm)
On weekends I stay up with my girlfriends sisters, girlfriend and 3 of my close friends from school which reduces my hoof sleep to 0

When do I go to bed? Well, whenever my body glides into sleep mode
« Last Edit: April 22, 2018, 01:26:27 PM by F96T12 DD VHO » Logged

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #5 on: April 22, 2018, 01:52:38 PM » Author: Rommie
We're definitely night owls. We usually go to bed somewhere around 2 or 3am and get up any time from 11am onwards, usually around midday.

I've often wondered why some people are naturally night people and some early morning people. One theory was told to me a few years ago when I happened to find myself in a lift at the BBC at around half past eight in the morning.

I was yawning my head off and saying how I am always tired at that time of day. In the lift with me was the well known broadcaster Moira Stuart, and she asked me what time of the day I was born. I said around mid-day, why..? She replied that she believed that the time of day you were born had an influence on your body clock.

I'm not sure how much scientific evidence if any there is for this theory, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #6 on: April 22, 2018, 06:44:55 PM » Author: CEB1993
During the week when I go to work, I’ll go to bed between 9 and 10 p.m.  On days when I work out, I can get up as early as 5:30 a.m.  It’s hard to take the first step and get out of bed that early, but I will say I’m definitely more of a morning person than a late-night person.  When I was still at school, studying any later than 9 p.m. didn’t do any good because I was just too tired to take in any more information. I’ll stay up later during the weekend, but I still have a hard time late at night. I rarely stay up past midnight.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #7 on: April 24, 2018, 10:57:57 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
when you get older it will most likely be harder to go for several days without a 6+ hour sleep without feeling like a zombie. Pulling 16 hour days for 7 days straight has me feeling like a zombie right now, woo!
When I was younger I worked 18 hour days 7 days a week for 3 months straight.!  :o

Now, as Ria says we're night owls usually going to bed at about 2am and not surfacing until late morning.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2018, 10:59:29 AM by Miss Cuddly » Logged

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #8 on: April 24, 2018, 06:41:53 PM » Author: Cole D.
I notice if I stay up past 2 AM, I start to feel as if I'm getting sick, like I'll actually start getting a scratchy throat and feel sore. Plus when I wake up the next morning I feel sore all over.

When I was younger I usually didn't ever stay up past midnight at the latest, but now typically I do on the weekends. I'm usually on the computer reading or sometimes I lay in the bed and listen to Pandora. If I feel really tired I just go on to bed early, and usually I feel better the next day if I do that, and get up earlier.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #9 on: April 24, 2018, 07:54:30 PM » Author: CEB1993
On weeknights when I go to bed between 9 and 10 p.m., I need to take a 3mg melatonin pill to sleep nonstop through the night.  More often than not, I'll wake up at about 2 or 3 a.m. with racing thoughts and/or to use the bathroom.  I need a lot of sleep (8+ hours per night) to keep feeling like a trainwreck the next day.  I sleep deeper later at night and early in the morning.  On the weekend, I can snooze at about 7:30 a.m. and then wake up after what seems to be 5 minutes and it be 10:00 a.m.  :o

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #10 on: April 25, 2018, 10:54:25 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Some more about my recent post on this thread...

So if you guys saw, my gf let me get a 2-lamp F40 fixture and each lamp is 6500K and is a PHILLIPS ALTO
That is now used as an alarm for me, after making a street light like style pole out of PVC piping, it now hangs right over where I sleep just about 5 inches from my face. I use is for me because it wakes me up if my body doesn't wake me up
Me and my girlfriend sleep in the same room together and she HATES it when it comes on 7 days a week @ 4am. She sleeps through it most times but yet I don't know why she hates it so much
Maybe I should get some HO 48" tubes and put them in, that will tick her off the most!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #11 on: April 25, 2018, 06:38:25 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Some more about my recent post on this thread...

So if you guys saw, my gf let me get a 2-lamp F40 fixture and each lamp is 6500K and is a PHILLIPS ALTO
That is now used as an alarm for me, after making a street light like style pole out of PVC piping, it now hangs right over where I sleep just about 5 inches from my face. I use is for me because it wakes me up if my body doesn't wake me up
Me and my girlfriend sleep in the same room together and she HATES it when it comes on 7 days a week @ 4am. She sleeps through it most times but yet I don't know why she hates it so much
Maybe I should get some HO 48" tubes and put them in, that will tick her off the most!
You should put a 1000W HPS...

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #12 on: April 26, 2018, 03:56:10 AM » Author: joseph_125
Heh, in my younger days I had briefly used a 150w HPS lamp on a timer to wake me up. I've since switched back to plain old alarm clock.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #13 on: April 26, 2018, 05:02:40 AM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
If I had one I would but my girlfriend would kill me
She hates any lamp over 500W Especially HID
IDK why though

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: When do you go to bed/get up? « Reply #14 on: April 26, 2018, 08:03:50 PM » Author: Cole D.
Usually lately I don't wake up during the night at all. My favorite is when I wake up on Saturday and think it's still Friday but then I realize it's Saturday, so I get up, go to the bathroom and then go back to bed. But lately, it has been waking up on Monday and thinking it's still Sunday but then realizing I have to get up.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies