Author Topic: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback?  (Read 2300 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « on: April 30, 2018, 07:47:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I like a few of their songs... I'm not an invested fan or anything.. just a few songs of theirs from my early childhood that I like... But why does everyone hate them so much?? I've never encountered a more hated band..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #1 on: April 30, 2018, 09:28:04 PM » Author: Rommie
I don't hate them, for the simple reason I've never heard of them  :D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #2 on: April 30, 2018, 10:49:23 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
I don't hate them, and infact like some of their stuff.
I also don't remember hearing anyone I know say they hat them

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #3 on: April 30, 2018, 11:13:23 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't hate them, and infact like some of their stuff.
I also don't remember hearing anyone I know say they hat them

It seems alot of people I know hate the band.. or find it distasteful... I'm not sure if it is just a local thing..

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #4 on: May 01, 2018, 06:15:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I'm with Ria on this one, though I have heard the name I couldn't name one song that they have done.  ???

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #5 on: May 06, 2018, 06:42:43 PM » Author: Cole D.
I remember them but can't think of any songs at the moment from them. I like Lifehouse though, I think around the same time.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

BT25

View Posts
View Gallery

Vintage HID Collector

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #6 on: May 10, 2018, 06:38:09 PM » Author: BT25
I like a few of their songs... I'm not an invested fan or anything.. just a few songs of theirs from my early childhood that I like... But why does everyone hate them so much?? I've never encountered a more hated band..

Because they're form Canada...eh?

Actually, their music is OK, but they're not a Van Halen, or Guns & Roses kind of group. :o

First known case of Westinghouse Lifeguard Disease! :lol:
If you can say yes to any of the following, you may have it too: :poof:
Can't resist buying more even if you already have an example in your collection? :lol:
Bank account shows unnecessary spending? ::)
Have an empty wallet?  :lol:

LampLover

View Posts
View Gallery
120/240VAC @ 60HZ

GoL PeterYachymczyk UCYBAif_ag4v8nIcCU3VAmag
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #7 on: May 10, 2018, 08:35:06 PM » Author: LampLover

Same with me I don't hate them but I am not a real die hard fan either (I was in High School when the "Silver Side Up" album came out) But I only like a few songs on that album. The only artist I am really a die hard fan of is "Weird" Al Yankovic
I mostly like older music and the freestyle/house music that I listened to when I was younger (I still like to listen to that music)

Yeah I don't get the hate for NickelBack either
« Last Edit: May 10, 2018, 08:37:08 PM by LampLover » Logged

LED Free Zone!
All For HID, magnetic rapid-start Preheat & old-school electronic Only (no instant start F17T8 & F32T8 allowed)

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #8 on: May 12, 2018, 04:40:09 AM » Author: Mercurylamps
I like a few of Nickelback's songs. I've seen the hate for Nickelback myself, especially on the internet. I've never understood why.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #9 on: May 12, 2018, 06:49:24 AM » Author: 589
I don't like nickelback. To me many of their songs are whiny and the lead vocal sounds like he's constipated really bad. It's just not enjoyable for me. Some of their music may be bearable, but if I can listen to something else, I will. Plus some of their songs got overplayed as was such the case with many artists around that time. While it may not be the same time period, drops of Jupiter comes to mind as annoying as well. To me the throwaway music era started in the late 90's and continues to this day. I will say though that since 2010 much of the music I have heard is much better quality. It probably also helps I don't listen to near as much radio to hear songs get overplayed.

:lps:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #10 on: May 12, 2018, 08:33:10 AM » Author: Cole D.
Personally to compare the music of early-mid 2000s to today's music, I liked the older better. I don't care for most of the music after about 2012, I don't like all of the auto-tune and the subject matter to me is just tacky with most of it, at least all of the pop-stuff you hear on the radio post 2012 era. Of course, I think there is a lot better music pre 2000s, but I definitely don't like most modern music. I'm more of an alternative music person anyway compared to mainstream. But even the mainstream stuff then was better than a lot of the alternative stuff is now, IMO.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #11 on: May 12, 2018, 10:29:04 AM » Author: 589
Let me be more specific about the music after 2010 that I feel has really been turning out some good vibes. Indie and alternative in particular have really done well for me. Some artists like VHS Collection, the naked and famous, foster the people, Au/ra, st. Lucia, Coldplay, muse, HAIM, the 1975, chvrchs, imagine dragons, etc.

:lps:

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #12 on: May 12, 2018, 10:59:08 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
To me many of their songs are whiny and the lead vocal sounds like he's constipated really bad.
Yeah I can agree there...

~Owen

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: WHy does everyone hate Nickelback? « Reply #13 on: May 12, 2018, 03:03:16 PM » Author: Cole D.
Let me be more specific about the music after 2010 that I feel has really been turning out some good vibes. Indie and alternative in particular have really done well for me. Some artists like VHS Collection, the naked and famous, foster the people, Au/ra, st. Lucia, Coldplay, muse, HAIM, the 1975, chvrchs, imagine dragons, etc.

I see. I do like some of Coldplay's songs.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies