Author Topic: Streetlights on your street?  (Read 5069 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Streetlights on your street? « on: May 02, 2018, 10:53:18 PM » Author: Cole D.
Are there streetlights in your neighborhood or street? Unfortunately my street does not unless it's the rental lights in yards. Further away from my street when you come off the highway, there are three AEL 115s on metal poles with truss arms like on the highway. But other than that only busier intersections have them. One intersection has GE sodium cobras, one is full cutoff, but only one is working lately. Plus one area has a few HPS NEMA buckets near the intersections randomly. I'm not sure if they are rentals or streetlights, since they're up over the street more. Of course closer to town, most neighborhoods have a few HPS cobrass and downtown has mostly NEMA buckets lighting the streets and a few Westinghouse Viscounts.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #1 on: May 03, 2018, 12:29:50 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
In my neighborhood (and the surrounding ones) its post-top type streetlights - 100w HPS.
Every intersection has one, and I think they're spaced every 4 or 5 houses along streets.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

boiler1011

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #2 on: May 03, 2018, 01:39:43 PM » Author: boiler1011
We have some HPS decorative units in my town which I am not fond of. The newer neighborhoods in the planned subdivisions have 1-2 units down each street and one unit at most neighborhood intersections. Almost everywhere else is comprised of HPS or MV buckets which are slowly being replaced with LED's like GE Evolve and Cooer/Eaton Caretakers. I like the Evolves more because the beam pattern is more even. Both LED products they use do have decent color temperature and are similar to MH.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #3 on: May 03, 2018, 02:43:47 PM » Author: dor123
My street have AEG Triangel with 150W HPS lamps.
My father street have AEG Koffer 150 with 250W HPS lamps.
My mother street have Europhane/Thorn Pilote T1 with 100-150W HPS lamps.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #4 on: May 03, 2018, 10:11:04 PM » Author: Cole D.
I forgot one subdivision in my area has post top lights that look like GE or AEL not sure if they are MV or HPS, they have the cylinder with "hat" on top. Another subdivision has GE Town and Country style lights in HPS.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #5 on: May 04, 2018, 12:02:18 PM » Author: Rommie
This is what we currently have in our street, although how long it'll stay that way is debateable, given the relentless march of the dreaded LED's from both ends of the road  :'(
« Last Edit: May 04, 2018, 04:01:48 PM by MissRiaElaine » Logged

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #6 on: May 06, 2018, 03:59:19 PM » Author: Michael
Our street is already lit by Philips MiniLUMA LED street lights. They are about 19W nominal but dim down to about 12W during the night. Colour temperature is warm white 830. I installed them two years ago while taking down all the over head power lines with their street lights.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #7 on: May 06, 2018, 04:02:02 PM » Author: Rommie

Our street is already lit by Philips MiniLUMA LED street lights. They are about 19W nominal but dim down to about 12W during the night. Colour temperature is warm white 830. I installed them two years ago while taking down all the over head power lines with their street lights.

You installed them..?  :o  How could you..?  :o

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #8 on: May 06, 2018, 04:20:08 PM » Author: Michael
You installed them..?  :o  How could you..?  :o

Yes I work as a power grid electrician and our utility company is contracted to the village I live. That's why I am responsible for the street lights not only in our city but also in out village.  ;D
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #9 on: May 06, 2018, 04:51:28 PM » Author: Rommie
Yes I work as a power grid electrician and our utility company is contracted to the village I live. That's why I am responsible for the street lights not only in our city but also in out village.  ;D
Wow, I don't think I could cope with having to install LED street lights, least of all in my own street  :'(

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #10 on: May 07, 2018, 12:53:51 AM » Author: tolivac
100W HPS and mercury bucket lights on my street.No cobrahead type lights.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #11 on: May 07, 2018, 05:58:04 AM » Author: Rommie
100W HPS and mercury bucket lights on my street.No cobrahead type lights.
Nice to hear of some MV still about. None around here, unfortunately :(  Actually I do know of some mercury lamps in a private car park, but none in the streets proper.

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #12 on: May 08, 2018, 12:55:10 AM » Author: tolivac
When the mercury lights go out they are replaced with HPS or more recently--LED.Suppose when the HPS ones go they will be replaced with LED.
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #13 on: May 08, 2018, 09:02:10 PM » Author: Cole D.
Same here, there are MV and HPS bucket lights in my neighborhood too but they replace them with LED cobras if any go out or have problems. I haven't been seeing this in other neighborhoods, just those that are on our power provider.

joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: Streetlights on your street? « Reply #14 on: May 08, 2018, 10:37:51 PM » Author: joseph_125
Mine now has boring LED fixtures they're ok at night but so boring to look at during the day.

Originally my street had 100w HPS Westinghouse OV15s

As for interesting yard lighting, one of my neighbours has a 35W HPS tallpack, another has a 70w HPS yard light, and I have a 35w HPS tallpack, a 100w mercury yard light and LM Spherolite JR fitted with a 6w LED filament. Tallpack lights the side, yardlight and Spherolite JR lights the backyard. Only the Spherolite JR is used dusk to dawn.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2018, 10:40:41 PM by joseph_125 » Logged
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies