Author Topic: Emailed power company about street lights  (Read 3353 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Emailed power company about street lights « on: May 10, 2018, 06:41:09 PM » Author: Cole D.
So I emailed my power company to ask what they do with the streetlights or yard lights that get replaced with LED. I told them about particular models I'd be interested in with pictures. We'll see if I get a reply, I doubt it, but it's worth a try anyway.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #1 on: May 10, 2018, 11:27:58 PM » Author: dor123
I prefer that the former HID lantern will be remain. LED lanterns are worse than anything else. Glaring, contributing to the light pollution, etc...

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #2 on: May 11, 2018, 12:33:06 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I don't like what they do to my night vision... They absolutely destroy it... I'd prefer HPS or to be in the dark over an LED or MH lit street... I also REALLY hate those HID and LED Headlights.... THOSE ARE ABSOLUTELY PAINFUL!!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2018, 12:35:13 AM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #3 on: May 11, 2018, 10:16:08 PM » Author: Cole D.
What I meant though, was what they do with the old lights. I want to see if there's any way I could obtain one or two of the old ones after they remove it.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #4 on: May 11, 2018, 10:21:15 PM » Author: Lumex120
I don't like what they do to my night vision... They absolutely destroy it... I'd prefer HPS or to be in the dark over an LED or MH lit street... I also REALLY hate those HID and LED Headlights.... THOSE ARE ABSOLUTELY PAINFUL!!
Metal halide streets aren't that bad... I mean sure, they are worse than /DX mercury but still not as bad as LED (less blue emission).

Unofficial LG Discord

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #5 on: May 12, 2018, 09:15:22 AM » Author: Cole D.
Also I forgot to mention what mostly prompted me to do this is, one of my beloved AEL 165 ballast in arm fixtures got replaced with an LED in the last week. It's weird, because there was a NEMA bucket across from it that was missing the bucket and reflector, it got replaced with LED a few weeks ago. Then this AEL got replaced this week, weird it would fail just after the NEMA got replaced.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #6 on: May 13, 2018, 12:52:49 PM » Author: lightinglover8902

Yeah, especially the high beams.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #7 on: May 13, 2018, 01:58:07 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Metal halide streets aren't that bad... I mean sure, they are worse than /DX mercury but still not as bad as LED (less blue emission).
For whatever reason I've never had any issue with 50 to 250W Coated mercury of any variant whether it be /C,/DX, /W etc... I've encountered all... Even Clear mercs are not bad on the eyes at night... MH lamps... My eyes have never gotten along with them outside at night... I don't know why.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #8 on: May 13, 2018, 03:32:31 PM » Author: Ash
Something like high CRI - color information overload when you expect it to be "quieter" ?
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #9 on: May 14, 2018, 05:34:42 PM » Author: Cole D.
I didn't hear anything back after a few days so I forwarded to a couple of more people.

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #10 on: May 15, 2018, 12:21:56 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Something like high CRI - color information overload when you expect it to be "quieter" ?
I'm not sure.....

~Owen

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 10:47:49 PM » Author: Cole D.
Well, I got a response. They wanted my phone number so they can call me about it, but I haven't given it yet. I'm not sure what they'll say. Gosh, I don't like talking on the phone, I usually prefer to email. But at least I got reply...

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #12 on: May 17, 2018, 01:09:04 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Well, I got a response. They wanted my phone number so they can call me about it, but I haven't given it yet. I'm not sure what they'll say. Gosh, I don't like talking on the phone, I usually prefer to email. But at least I got reply...
Yeah, I tend to have trouble getting my thoughts over to words especially when I'm anxious... That's why I also prefer texting or email or whatever over talking verbally...

~Owen

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #13 on: May 17, 2018, 01:17:40 PM » Author: Ash
Give your phone number to somebody from here (from your country) who would like to play a game with you, and preferrably who sounds adult on the phone. He will call you pretending to be them and you must play along, and see where you could get difficulties in the talk

Also, don't pull the time with them, if they ask for the phone they want it now or else they could dismiss you...

Considering the growing popularity of using "industrial" stuff in interior/exterior design trends, you can relate to collecting lanterns also as design items
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Emailed power company about street lights « Reply #14 on: May 17, 2018, 07:35:39 PM » Author: Cole D.
I guess I kind of got nervous. I mean, who knows who is going to call or what they're going to ask me. And I don't even know if I can fit one of these fixtures in my car or how I'm going to get them. I mean a Powr/Bracket is as tall as my chair, at least, and an AEL probably close too.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies