Author Topic: When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..?  (Read 1601 times)
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..? « on: June 13, 2018, 01:18:02 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Ok, so before we get to choices that are related to the topic lets say you bought a 5-pack of LEDs, CFLs, or Incandescent lamps and they were organized in the way many hardware stores place their lighting on the shelves. But obviously you look at the price and brand first

Here are the choices:
Pick the first pack you see
Pick any pack after the first box (if possible)
Pick the very last box (if possible)
Read the specs
(For Incandescent) Rattle the box to see if the filament is still intact
Open the box to make sure nothing is broken or there is a missing bulb (I've gotten that many times)
Pick up the box and read an look at every side of the box to find any mistakes
Look at how the bulbs themselves are packaged
Pick up the box, examine it, then put it down

You may add more and explain
As usual: if this thread get to out of hand I will lock it or delete it (If I can). But if I can't the site admins will. 

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..? « Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:55:55 AM » Author: tolivac
Try gently shaking the box to see if lamps are broken.Like with eggs at the store-least you can open the box to see if they are OK.
sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..? « Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 07:32:29 AM » Author: sol
Fluorescents in cardboard sleeves : I check to see if the lamp is the one stated on the sleeve and not the other guy's EOL lamp that was "returned" or that someone mixed them up.
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..? « Reply #3 on: June 26, 2018, 06:09:53 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
Same for both of you that replied
I always do that

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

AngryHorse

View Posts
View Gallery

Rich, Coaster junkie!

Re: When Picking or Buying a Pack of Lights do You..? « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2018, 03:47:14 AM » Author: AngryHorse
I don't go for 5 packs in general, as then you only have spares of all the same colour and lumen output!, I get them in single packs, usually choosing colour and brightness to suit each room  8)

Current: UK 230V, 50Hz
Power provider: e.on energy
Street lighting in our town: Philips UniStreet LED (gen 1)
Longest serving LED in service at home, (hour count): Energetic mini clear globe: 54,050 hrs @ 10/2/24

Welcome to OBLIVION

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies