Author Topic: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best?  (Read 1479 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « on: June 28, 2018, 06:29:47 PM » Author: Cole D.
Here, we have Home Depot, Lowes and Ace in my town, plus a small independent. In the next towns from me we have True Value and Do It Best.

I never really go to those last two as they're further away and I haven't been to the small independent in a while. I should see if they sell lighting, frankly I don't remember.

From Home Depot and Lowes I can't really pick a favorite. As far as lighting, I think Lowes is more progressive with LED, at least the one here. A lot of their security lighting has shifted to LED, while Home Depot still sells a lot of HID fixtures.

Each one has their own items they sell that the other doesn't so I can't really pick a favorite from the two. I don't usually go to Ace, but oftentimes they'll have something that the other two don't have that I need. But Ace closes really early so I rarely get the chance to go.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:02:40 PM » Author: ace100w120v
Spenard Builders Supply (Alaska home improvement/lumber chain) is one I prefer in terms of shopping locally.  But since their selection is a bit limited and they are frankly somewhat overpriced by second for lumber type stuff is Home Depot, Lowes if HD doesn't have it. 

For nuts-bolts stuff, I know several Sentry and True Value franchises I visit frequently. 
F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #2 on: June 28, 2018, 07:04:16 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
HD or Lowe’s they’re both fine

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2018, 08:00:42 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
I love my ACE.  It's big for an ACE and has a ton of things that HD and Lowe's does not have. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

F96T12 DD VHO

View Posts
View Gallery

Just chilling I guess

https://www.facebook.com/ Unreleasedwav UC2Uv7t9KgigOoT6blff2t3w i.d._official
Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #4 on: June 28, 2018, 09:17:37 PM » Author: F96T12 DD VHO
I love my ACE.  It's big for an ACE and has a ton of things that HD and Lowe's does not have. 
I go to ACE sometimes, that is if I ever come out of Aspen to Denver

Music Producer/Light Enthusiast

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2018, 09:29:43 PM » Author: CEB1993
I go to Lowes and Home Depot interchangeably.  However, I prefer Home Depot for lighting products because they carry Philips and some Sylvania now.  I'll go to Ace for their specialty brands like Yeti Coolers and Big Green Egg grills.  There's a Do It Best hardware store in Landrum, SC that has some NOS lighting that I bought.  I definitely like the smaller feel of Ace and Do It shops because I feel like I can find items more easily.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #6 on: June 28, 2018, 10:46:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Menard.... Or as I like to say it.. Mynards  ;D .... They have good selection.. And a name that's easy to make fun of... What's not to like lmao

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Which homecenter or hardware store you like best? « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2018, 12:37:54 AM » Author: High Intensity
The ones i goto the most are Osh, Home Depot, and Lowe's.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies