Author Topic: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights  (Read 4162 times)
form109
what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « on: August 01, 2008, 07:47:19 PM » Author: form109
what do you hate most about your electric utilities? >:(

1 i hate it when they replace a nema head just cause its missing a refractor.

2 i hate it when they take down a perfectly functioning mercury vapor fixture

3 i hate it when they leave fixtures physically damaged,or dayburning and cycling.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2008, 11:30:43 PM by form109 » Logged
Silverliner
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Rare white reflector

GoL
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #1 on: August 03, 2008, 01:56:26 AM » Author: Silverliner
Here, I hate it when they replace older HPS cobraheads from the 80s with new ones, even if it was a dayburner.

Administrator of Lighting-Gallery.net. Need help? PM me.

Member of L-G since 2005.

Collector of vintage bulbs, street lights and fluorescent fixtures.

Electrician.

Also a fan of cars, travelling, working out, food, hanging out.

Power company: Southern California Edison.

form109
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #2 on: August 11, 2008, 06:12:55 PM » Author: form109
its sad when they replace a old fixture with a new fixture. :'( :'(
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #3 on: August 11, 2008, 07:31:41 PM » Author: FGS
Especially if they're replacing the fixture that's the same model but instead of drop lensed, its FCO. Same lamp and wattage.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #4 on: August 13, 2008, 10:49:02 PM » Author: prawnman88
i hate it when u ask nicely and they say no u cant have it  >:(
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #5 on: August 16, 2008, 08:23:01 PM » Author: lite_lover
They don't have any easy way of contacting them about lights that are out. No special phone # or email address to report burned out lights. :-[

The brighter the better.

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 02:00:59 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
They keep installing Salems in Howard County when Howard County specifically wants Cooper Traditionares, I actually think it is because not all linemen (actually more of contractors) know about this info...

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #7 on: November 04, 2008, 03:42:52 PM » Author: form109
theres no variety anymore,around here every streetlight that burns out gets replaced with an american electric model 113/115 or a general electric m-250-a2.
Nineaclock

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #8 on: November 04, 2008, 06:20:04 PM » Author: Nineaclock
I agree with prawnman88, GIVE ME GIVE ME GIVE ME!! :), but I recently was traveling down a highway, and I saw a broken Fixture with the ballast on the side of the Highway just laying there perfectly fine; it must have fallen out of the light fixture. I wanted to take it, but it was considered stealing even tho that the city would just throw the ballast away. I wish that Old fixture or broken street lights, they would keep for people like us, so when we call to ask if they have anything at the dump I could just pick it up and fix it and make it brand new. 
chapman84
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 02:32:52 PM » Author: chapman84
My electric company takes forever to fix a streetlight. They don't even pay attention when the problems do get reported.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #10 on: December 03, 2008, 07:35:01 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
I hate that if a MV fixture is replaced to HPS, they use same wattage (except if its a 175 watt MV it becomes 150 watt HPS)   they are not equivalent...a 100 watt HPS should be good enough to replace from a 175 watt MV, 250 HPS from 400 watt MV.....but still, they do same wattage....

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

chapman84
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #11 on: December 03, 2008, 08:41:38 PM » Author: chapman84
i hate it when they take a long double guy-wire arm and replace it with a shorter arm!

i also hate it when they take a streetlight down and move it to the pole across the street!!
chapman84
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #12 on: December 03, 2008, 10:12:45 PM » Author: chapman84
1. When they decide to replace fixtures that don't even need to be replaced.

2. They use ridiculous wattages for roads with very little traffic to none at all.

3. They praise high pressure sodium changeouts.

4. Poorly maintained streetlights.

5. Electric companies who throw away good lamps.
Foxtronix

View Posts
View Gallery

Formerly "TiCoune66". Also known here as Vince.

GoL UCs4tSgJSCoCIMGThBuaePhA
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #13 on: December 15, 2008, 06:31:47 PM » Author: Foxtronix
Nothing as they gave me a streetlight and a brand new lamp!  ;D

TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: what do you hate most about your electric utilities>>streetlights « Reply #14 on: December 18, 2008, 03:02:31 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
i hate it when they take a long double guy-wire arm and replace it with a shorter arm!

i also hate it when they take a streetlight down and move it to the pole across the street!!

What's wrong with moving a light to another pole?

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies