Author Topic: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House?  (Read 18057 times)
mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #60 on: November 21, 2015, 10:48:27 AM » Author: mdcastle
3 X 40 watt incandescent post light in front. Cree LED can light on the porch. 70 watt HPS minipack in back.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #61 on: November 21, 2015, 01:00:55 PM » Author: Ash
Zarlog What type of lamp you want to put in the m250 or bucket ? I find the 70W HPS gives not bad light for its wattage, and if you want more light, the 100W HPS gives WAY more light for only 30W higher power

(here in 240v world, the 70w internal ignitor lamps are cheap and convenient to use as they only need a choke to run, but are less efficient than the higher pressure "plus" lamps. The 70w lamp exists in both options, but i have a stock of the internal ignitor ones, and none of the higher pressure. The 100w ones are high pressure type so they are big step up in efficiency from the 70w internal ignitor)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #62 on: November 21, 2015, 02:32:15 PM » Author: dor123
There is no different in xenon pressure of internal and external ignitor HPS lamps. The tubular 70W HPS lamp inside the Koffer 70, at the opposide of my mother home, is just a regular HPS lamp with a low pressure xenon, and requires an external ignitor.
70W and 100W HPS lamps in North America, are different than here, since they have lower lamp voltage to allow them to operate on series choke on 120V with ignitor.
At the enterance of our hostel, there are several fixtures with preheat PLs and a 150W RX7s MH floodlight.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #63 on: November 21, 2015, 02:36:18 PM » Author: Lumex120
Zarlog What type of lamp you want to put in the m250 or bucket ? I find the 70W HPS gives not bad light for its wattage, and if you want more light, the 100W HPS gives WAY more light for only 30W higher power

(here in 240v world, the 70w internal ignitor lamps are cheap and convenient to use as they only need a choke to run, but are less efficient than the higher pressure "plus" lamps. The 70w lamp exists in both options, but i have a stock of the internal ignitor ones, and none of the higher pressure. The 100w ones are high pressure type so they are big step up in efficiency from the 70w internal ignitor)
The m250r2 has 250w PSMH in it. I have buckets in either 70w HPS or 100w MV. I also have a wallpack I am converting to 20w MH, so I might be able to put that one outside without the utility bill skyrocketing. Last, I have a 35w HPS wallpack, but I don't think it would look good lighting up the yard.

Unofficial LG Discord

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #64 on: November 21, 2015, 03:27:38 PM » Author: Ash
Zarlog :

The 20W MH can be great option

I dont have experience with HPS below 70W, but i expect that the 35W lamp won't be bad for security lighting

The biggest objection i see with low power HID lamps (more precisely : MH <70W) is that they have somewhat shorter life than 70W and higher wattage ones, but thats all and even then their life is more than decent (especially when its in your home, so it will get proper maintenance and not be left to stay with EOL lamps

Dor :

I am sharing my experience and thoughts here, with the lamps we have here of course. It is of use and i guess of interest too, even if the lamps they have are different. You dont have to cut every discussion like that ....

Besides, the 70W /I lamps really are less efficient than the non /I lamps
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #65 on: November 21, 2015, 04:06:52 PM » Author: Lumex120
Zarlog :

The 20W MH can be great option

I dont have experience with HPS below 70W, but i expect that the 35W lamp won't be bad for security lighting

The biggest objection i see with low power HID lamps (more precisely : MH <70W) is that they have somewhat shorter life than 70W and higher wattage ones, but thats all and even then their life is more than decent (especially when its in your home, so it will get proper maintenance and not be left to stay with EOL lamps

Dor :

I am sharing my experience and thoughts here, with the lamps we have here of course. It is of use and i guess of interest too, even if the lamps they have are different. You dont have to cut every discussion like that ....

Besides, the 70W /I lamps really are less efficient than the non /I lamps

The 35w HPS is not too bright, but not to dim either. The only Pr with the metal halide is that lamps can be expensive.

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies