Author Topic: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House?  (Read 17870 times)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #45 on: July 27, 2012, 01:43:49 AM » Author: dor123
Yep i can confirm this about the CFL floods... Lately we also have LED floodlights using the same enclosures as halogens, but they are not too bright, but i think a lot better than the CFLs
Ash: Never seen LED floodlights in Israel. And even if they would last longer than the CFLs, LED fixtures for non commercial application (Household use), are disposable (It does not pay to replace the LED arrays and/or the LED driver, when they fails), meaning that if the driver or the LEDs fails, it is necessary to replace the whole floodlight.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

BG101

View Posts
View Gallery

EYE H80 Mercury Vapour

Brian TheTellyman
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #46 on: August 04, 2012, 02:01:13 PM » Author: BG101
That's the primary reason I'm opposed to this LED stuff! Built-in obsolescence and unnecessary creation of waste >:( my mercury and other HID lamps will run for years and then you just replace the bulb!

BG
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 02:02:59 PM by BG101 » Logged

Say NO to DICTATORSHIP in the form of bulb/tube/ballast bans !!

slipperypete

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #47 on: August 14, 2012, 05:47:31 AM » Author: slipperypete
Regent 100 watt  :mv: scoop light in my back yard, and I am in the process of converting an old gas post top light to mercury vapor as well

Bulb bans = Fascism

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #48 on: August 15, 2012, 03:21:04 AM » Author: Michael
The outdoor facility of the workshop where my collection is stored (I call it Monkeylab) is lit by two fluorescent streetlights (Regent 2x40W 4ft and Aeroform 2x20W 2ft) on wooden poles, one vintage streetlight with modern CMH 70W and on the ramp two batten fluorescent T8 36W/830. All these fixture are controlled by a photocell but also switched separatelly if needed.
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

All photos are brought to you by Bubby industries.

GoL Solanaceae.Keif.Fitz Keif Fitz bubby_keif
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #49 on: June 07, 2015, 10:04:11 PM » Author: Solanaceae
I have four Incan/CFL fixtures, two PAR38 outdoor halojen spot lites, a bunch of 12 volt mini yard lites, and an 70w HPS bucket that was retrofitted for 100w merc.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #50 on: June 08, 2015, 03:55:20 AM » Author: Ash
I dont need "security" lights here, but have some HPS floodlights on a portable stand which i use as work lights, as well as a Mercury lantern mounted to the fence up to short time ago (took it down temporarily)
Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #51 on: June 12, 2015, 01:41:43 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I also had a fluorescent strip, but I took it down.

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

Mercurylamps

View Posts
View Gallery

240V 50Hz

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #52 on: June 12, 2015, 06:34:18 PM » Author: Mercurylamps
I have bulkheads running CFL's in them in my back garden, car parking area and above back door that run all night by a photocell switch. There is a light in the driveway and another light above front door that is turned on by a light switch inside the front door. These run modern halogen replacements for incandescent bulbs.
icefoglights

View Posts
View Gallery

ITT Low Pressure Sodium NEMA

GoL
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #53 on: June 12, 2015, 07:48:18 PM » Author: icefoglights
My driveway parking/turn-around area is lit with a RAB 70 watt :hps: cutoff wallpack.  In front of the shop lighting along the driveway is a RAB 50 :hps: watt wallpack.  The front porch has two wall lanterns with 1100 lumen Cree 5000K LED bulbs and one flood light with a Feit 1000 lumen 5000K LED flood lamp.  Back porch has a lantern with a Cree 800 lumen 5000K LED bulb.  Side yard has a full cutoff wall fixture with a 26 watt 5000K CFL bulb.  The front of my storage building has a large wallpack with a 175w :mv: bulb.  I also have a Holophane post top fixture with a 100 watt mercury postline ballast that I would like to eventually put up.  It would take over driveway lighting from the shop wallpack.  The HPS fixtures are all dusk-dawn and the LED lights are all on motion sensors.

01010010 01101111 01100010 01100101 01110010 01110100

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #54 on: June 13, 2015, 12:43:39 AM » Author: tolivac
Have two 150W PAR lights above the garage,one 100W canopy light above the front door.Generally run them only if I am expecting someone at night.Msny other homes in the area don't have outdoor lights running all of the night.And my house is close to a HPS "Bucket-Barn light" streetlight that runs during the night.
randacnam7321

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #55 on: June 15, 2015, 06:15:55 AM » Author: randacnam7321
10 2W cold cathode fluorescent lamps in 3 separate light towers around the chicken houses and a pair of converted LoA bucket lights that use helicraps on the garage.

Old school FTW!

Solanaceae

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #56 on: June 16, 2015, 12:43:07 AM » Author: Solanaceae
I may also find a 250w  :mv: bucket or cobra head to light my rack (extra security lighting).

Me💡Irl
My LG Gallery
My GoL Gallery

ace100w120v

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #57 on: November 21, 2015, 12:46:59 AM » Author: ace100w120v
A single 13w 6500K spiral CFL, which runs dusk-to-dawn.  That's it, but only because I'm off-grid and have power limits as a result LOL.  I'd like to put my 175w mercury
"yardblaster" light back up outside though, and run it dusk to dawn eventually though.
Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #58 on: November 21, 2015, 03:21:36 AM » Author: Ash
I am considering to put up something, that will be probably either 70W HPS or 2 x 36W Fluorescent (T8 magnetic). Not decided yet
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #59 on: November 21, 2015, 10:17:37 AM » Author: Lumex120
I have a homemade pl13 jelly jar that runs dusk to dawn. It has recently been getting
cold, so it is dimmer than usual
I would like to put a bucket light or my m250r2 outside, but the utility bill would be too high if I did  that.  :-\

Unofficial LG Discord

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies