Author Topic: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House?  (Read 18035 times)
form109
What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « on: August 13, 2008, 09:40:29 PM » Author: form109
i use a 150 watt hps bucket in the back,and 26 watt cfl in the front.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

my old friend proteus the prawn!

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #1 on: August 13, 2008, 10:47:39 PM » Author: prawnman88
well on the southside i have a regent 175 watt merc clear fixture its the bigger bucket light look threw my photos hance i dont know how to link yet :) the east side of the property up 15 ft on a wooden pole i installed my self there is a old westy gumball with a clear 175 merc inside:) on the north side there is a old boston wheeler crescent moon with a 26watt ge 6500k sprial cfl in it and on the west side aka back yard my old ge form 109 with a 26watt 6500k cfl in it to simulate a merc vapor bulb :) that one is on 24 hrs a day till i hook up a pc.  ;D
form109
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2008, 10:59:31 PM » Author: form109
@prawnman88 i like the fixtures you have on your house,who elese in your neighborhood can say they own a gumball.
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #3 on: August 13, 2008, 11:09:17 PM » Author: prawnman88
well nobody actually im thinking of putting up one of my ufo's for a neighbor arround xmas time to surprise them they dont like how there backyard is pitch black
form109
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #4 on: August 14, 2008, 12:59:57 AM » Author: form109
well nobody actually im thinking of putting up one of my ufo's for a neighbor arround xmas time to surprise them they dont like how there backyard is pitch black

one of thee josylns,cool ;D
SeanB~1

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #5 on: August 14, 2008, 03:36:05 PM » Author: SeanB~1
A lot of light is provided by the local streetlight, but there is a single 2D 16W lighting the darker corner.  The next door glarebomb ( 2 PL9 lamps) provides plenty enough, at least enough that the puppy can see to find midnight screaming snacks. On night racing dates I don't need a light at all, racecourse is around 500m away, lit by a LOT of MH lamps.
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #6 on: August 23, 2008, 02:01:43 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
Nothing! :-) We have wildlife always coming to us!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

don93s

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 11:59:20 PM » Author: don93s
I have a GE 100w MV NEMA....it's way cool!
NiMo

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #8 on: September 19, 2008, 05:44:49 PM » Author: NiMo
My landlord has a 175 watt MV yardblaster originally with a clear lamp.  I replaced that with a US Philips /DX lamp and the light levels jumped signifigantly.

Group Replacement, Baby

form109
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #9 on: November 02, 2008, 12:27:04 AM » Author: form109
update:i swapped the 150 watt hps for a good ol 175 watt merc,the hps was killing my grass and trees!!! :o :o :o :o
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #10 on: November 02, 2008, 08:45:59 AM » Author: prawnman88
well south side i have the regent bucket light 175 watt clear merc east side on a pole a 175 watt clear merc nema head with teardrop lens. north side i have on a pole a joslyn ufo with a 175 watt clear merc and on the north side of my house near the pole a boston wheeler crescent moon with a ge 130v 60 watt clear lamp. and finally in the back yard a boston wheeler radial with a 60 watt repo 60 watt carbon lamp. and thats it for a while atlet for now :) and yes i get thank you cards from the power company :)
form109
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #11 on: November 02, 2008, 11:34:44 AM » Author: form109
well south side i have the regent bucket light 175 watt clear merc east side on a pole a 175 watt clear merc nema head with teardrop lens. north side i have on a pole a joslyn ufo with a 175 watt clear merc and on the north side of my house near the pole a boston wheeler crescent moon with a ge 130v 60 watt clear lamp. and finally in the back yard a boston wheeler radial with a 60 watt repo 60 watt carbon lamp. and thats it for a while atlet for now :) and yes i get thank you cards from the power company :)

thank you cards from the power company???? ???
prawnman88

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #12 on: November 02, 2008, 11:43:23 AM » Author: prawnman88
a joke form 109 because i use so much power :) a little humor
Nineaclock

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #13 on: November 02, 2008, 02:07:51 PM » Author: Nineaclock
Iv got a RAB Floodzilla 250 Watt HPS watching the 2 acre backyard, its also running off of a Quad Tap 220 phase from the main circuit breaker, and wired with 12 Gage wire. Front yard has a 150 HPS lamp from Regent, 120Volt 60Hz wired with 12 Gage wire. Around the side there are some 20 Watt CFL on both side, 2700K. I recently had brand new 175 MV from regent lamp on my barn in the backyard but I took that off and gave it to my neighbor because there 70 HPS fixture went out, so they needed some bright clear MV light. They are an old couple so I helped them out :) 
« Last Edit: November 02, 2008, 02:15:15 PM by Nineaclock » Logged
lite_lover

View Posts
View Gallery

Darren

GoL darren.harward
Re: What Kind Of Security Lights Are Illuminating The Outside Of Your House? « Reply #14 on: November 02, 2008, 02:20:15 PM » Author: lite_lover
On the side of the house I have a Designer's Edge 70W HPS wall light with built-in PC,I have
  this one in the front and these two in back here and here .

The brighter the better.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies