Author Topic: What Christmas lights in your neighborhood  (Read 1232 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
What Christmas lights in your neighborhood « on: December 08, 2018, 10:49:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
Are there a lot of Christmas lights in your street? Let's see, my neighbors next door have lights on front and back of house and a projector that makes different colors on the front of the house. Neighbor across the street has candles in front windows (I'm planning to put some in our front windows too, but haven't gotten to it). Neighbors next to them have a few inflatable decorations that are lighted inside, plus lights on hedge and two projectors. Once makes a multicolored swirl pattern and other makes colored dots. A few other neighbors have lights on houses and bushes too, plus one more projector. Another house has Christmas tree in backyard with lighted candy canes as well. And some houses with lights and reindeer on the piers/docks.

We put C7 lights up outside in multicolor. :D Plus I might put my blue LED lights in my room later.

One day when I have my own house, I'll decorate with lights on timers and I want those swirl Christmas trees with lights. Plus I'd change out the light bulbs on outside lights for green and red like I see some do.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2018, 10:52:20 PM by Cole D. » Logged

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: What Christmas lights in your neighborhood « Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 01:33:47 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Maybe 10% at most of the houses in my area do any decorating. Of those...some people have the inflatable decorations, some just do a few strings of lights (type varies, mostly mini's & LEDs, but still do see C9's). Those little spot-projector things are becoming common too.

I don't do multicolor on anything inside or out.
Outside is all single-color strands(& all LED/mini), but a few different colors, and its all computer-controlled so goes through various patterns & color changes :)
I've got a few of the spot-projectors shining on large trees in the backyard too.

Inside I do multiple trees, each a different color lights/decorations.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: What Christmas lights in your neighborhood « Reply #2 on: December 09, 2018, 01:08:44 PM » Author: Cole D.
Nice. Most of the houses on my street have all white lights, but some have multicolor. I might get some of those projectors after Christmas this year. Last year, Home Depot had them for like $4 each when Christmas was over.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

nogden

View Posts
View Gallery

Nelson Ogden

nelson.ogden w8nwo
Re: What Christmas lights in your neighborhood « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 12:47:08 PM » Author: nogden
Around me, it seems people either go WAY overboard or do basically nothing. Only people that really do much are retired folks. I see a variety of technologies, though. There's a lot of LEDs but I am always impressed at the incandescent C7s and C9s that some people still use.

Personally, I don't use anything newer than about 1970. I'm personally just more interested in older lights. This year, I used Noma Berry Bead C7s on my indoor tree, cheaper C7s on two outdoor bushes, and a loop of midgets around my window (loop -- not string-a-long or any of the modern styles). Probably the newest lights I have is two strings of poinsettia lights on my indoor tree from the early '90s with clear lamps. (All others are multi-colored).

I do something different every year, though. This is probably the first year in a long time I haven't used any C9s.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies