Author Topic: Quality of eiko, Satco, Cooper, venture, and faux Westinghouse lamps  (Read 1528 times)
HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Quality of eiko, Satco, Cooper, venture, and faux Westinghouse lamps « on: February 17, 2019, 04:45:13 AM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
What are the quality levels of each brand of modern HID lamp?

I'm especially interested in eiko and Satco but all of these brands are are of curiosity to me because I'm considering perhaps buying some modern lamps at some point..

I already know Sylvania and Eye are supposedly the best modern lamps but I'm still curious.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

sol

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Quality of eiko, Satco, Cooper, venture, and faux Westinghouse lamps « Reply #1 on: February 17, 2019, 07:54:50 AM » Author: sol
I have a Satco in intermittent use and it works quite well. It has a standard quartz arc tube and a lower CRI than the ceramic ones, but still does the job lighting the shed. The warmup phase is blue instead of greenish-clear-MV, but otherwise works well.
High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Quality of eiko, Satco, Cooper, venture, and faux Westinghouse lamps « Reply #2 on: June 22, 2019, 12:25:59 AM » Author: High Intensity
From what i know, Satco and "Westinghouse" source most of their lamps from the same company/companies that manufacture lamps for Sunlite, Caster, and many others.
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Quality of eiko, Satco, Cooper, venture, and faux Westinghouse lamps « Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 05:22:31 AM » Author: mefurd98
I have quite a few Cooper MV lamps that I have been using for a number of years. They're OK but my favorite are Sylvania lamps.
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies