Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 195165 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #705 on: October 27, 2020, 07:18:10 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
Less than two weeks ago, it was over 80 F here. As I'm writing this it's 24 F outside and we have had multiple snowstorms. Sometimes, fall and spring are practically non-existent in MN.
Wow! I have never experienced that much of a drastic weather change!

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #706 on: October 27, 2020, 11:07:03 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
That type of thing ^ is not uncommon here.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #707 on: October 28, 2020, 10:38:39 AM » Author: CEB1993
Hurricane Zeta is quickly strengthening and has elicited tropical storm watches as far inland as Atlanta, GA  :o I’m bracing myself for up to 3 inches of rain and winds up to 40 mph. It’s been a while since I’ve dealt with both rain AND wind, but I usually come out okay. I usually have some tree limbs down, a few leaky windows, and some water seeping into the basement. I hope I don’t lose power.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #708 on: October 28, 2020, 07:38:20 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
up to 3 inches of rain and winds up to 40 mph.
I would really love to have that here!
40mph wind is really no big deal... 3" of rain, it would depend on how long of a time that was spread over, if you're talking just a couple hours there'd be some minor creek & road flooding, bit if its over a full day (24hours) the effect would be minimal.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #709 on: October 28, 2020, 09:15:22 PM » Author: CEB1993
I would really love to have that here!
40mph wind is really no big deal... 3" of rain, it would depend on how long of a time that was spread over, if you're talking just a couple hours there'd be some minor creek & road flooding, bit if its over a full day (24hours) the effect would be minimal.

Yeah, this storm is moving really fast for hurricane standards (25 mph) so I expect the rain will be done by tomorrow night. This is definitely a tropical system because it's bringing in some warm temperatures along with the wind and rain. It will be about 80F here tomorrow and, then by next week we will have overnight lows in the 30's. A cold start to November! Don't like the weather in South Carolina, just wait 5 minutes  :D Definitely the case here the next several days.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #710 on: October 28, 2020, 10:05:06 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: CEB1993
Don't like the weather in South Carolina, just wait 5 minutes
That goes for Colorado as well (though it can get cold a whole lot quicker than it takes to warm up .lol. )

Oh and that freezing weather headed your way is the same system that gave us snow Sunday & a low of 6 Monday night. .eek.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #711 on: October 29, 2020, 03:17:53 AM » Author: RyanF40T12
Amen.

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #712 on: October 29, 2020, 02:14:21 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
We are supposed to get some snow tomorrow night!

Long live the Incandescent streetlights!
Power Company: Eversource
Startup Landscaping/LED retrofit business.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #713 on: October 30, 2020, 09:10:38 AM » Author: rjluna2
At my area where the storm zeta has hit, I still have no power since 04:20 in the morning yesterday. My immediate area has power except at my subdivision :(

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

rjluna2

View Posts
View Gallery

Robert

GoL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #714 on: November 02, 2020, 07:23:04 AM » Author: rjluna2
Power has been restored at my subdivision last Saturday evening :)

Pretty, please no more Chinese failure.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #715 on: November 04, 2020, 10:37:52 AM » Author: dor123
Today we have lots of strong rains. In several cities there were floods: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aIZ47vWosxc
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 10:47:25 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #716 on: November 20, 2020, 07:01:50 AM » Author: dor123
We had today a huge cloudburst with strong rains and winds:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fC_KXKnCsMA

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #717 on: November 20, 2020, 11:28:26 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Living here in the UK we don't get severe weather events like some parts of the world.  :wndr:

Yes we can get bad storms, but nothing compared to full blown hurricanes or tornadoes.  :(

Our comparatively mild weather is due to the effects of the gulf stream flowing up and over the top of the country, and our weather would be a whole lot different as we're further north than Vancouver.!  :poof:

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #718 on: November 30, 2020, 05:01:25 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
Today it has been raining and winds have started to pick up around 4 and some power outages are expected here. :-\

UPDATE: My power is sporadically flickering now. :-\
« Last Edit: November 30, 2020, 07:43:43 PM by CreeRSW207 » Logged

CreeRSW207

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #719 on: December 05, 2020, 07:41:17 PM » Author: CreeRSW207
We are supposed to get 8-12 inches of snow tonight and tomorrow! Belmont lost power already!

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies