Author Topic: Severe weather never sleeps!  (Read 197365 times)
wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #990 on: July 19, 2022, 11:04:34 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
 @ thelightingman : Took the unit apart , cleaned and lubed the fan motor , cleaned the condenser coil and evap. coil reassembled and reinstalled and all is right with the world !! 2001 Frigidaire 9,950 BTU .

@ xmaslightguy : I have 3 window units. All three spend the "off season" sitting on the floor directly under the windows they're installed in during the summer ! I don't prefer to carry these things any farther than I have to !!

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

thelightingman

View Posts
View Gallery
All lighting except LED rules!

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #991 on: July 19, 2022, 11:10:16 PM » Author: thelightingman
I'm glad you got it working!

I think HPS, MV, and MH rule! :mv: :mvc: :hps: :emh: Ban LED instead! :eoled:

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #992 on: July 19, 2022, 11:27:35 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
So am I !! The upstairs gets brutal without A/C !! The downstairs stays bearable.

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Gearjammer
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #993 on: July 20, 2022, 01:07:49 AM » Author: Gearjammer
Another 93 degree day here in Fort Lauderdale with the heat index approaching 110!
Normally it's between 88-90 this time of year with nice ocean breezes.
Currently we're under a layer of Saharan dust or in other words a massive cloud of sand from the Saharan desert.
That's what's driving up the dangerous heat and creating extremely dry air with no chance of rain.
The dust makes it appear very hazy out under milky white skies.
Bulbman256

View Posts
View Gallery

Mad Max

Bulbman256
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #994 on: July 20, 2022, 02:16:07 AM » Author: Bulbman256
Today was burning, had a heat index in the 105-110 range and the air quality was terrible! Had to mow the lawn on monday, had to chug a few glasses of ice cold water just to survive, the worst part was that the air was completely still and humid as all hell. :poof:

Collecting light bulbs since 2012, a madman since birth.

Gearjammer
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #995 on: July 20, 2022, 02:24:49 AM » Author: Gearjammer
Try working an 8 hour day on the jobsite in those conditions  :poof:
Electrical work sure can be brutal in the summer  @-@
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #996 on: July 20, 2022, 04:34:35 AM » Author: dor123
We don't have such hot weather here in Kiryat Ata (32*C or 89.6*F), but my room at my hostel and the rest rooms of my hostel, have wall split A/C, which cools much better than a window A/C due to their design and the size and cooling capacity of part of them.
We had window A/Cs in Israel at the 20th century, but this type of A/C is banned here in Israel, due to very low energy efficiency (COP=1.5-2 for window A/Cs versus COP=3-4.5 of split ductless A/Cs), very low cooling and heating capacity and their noise level.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #997 on: July 20, 2022, 11:51:37 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: wide-lite 1000
  @ xmaslightguy : I have 3 window units. All three spend the "off season" sitting on the floor directly under the windows they're installed in during the summer ! I don't prefer to carry these things any farther than I have to !!
I like that idea: my one unit spends the 'off season' in the basement, so that's lugging through the basement, and then up 2 flights of stairs.
Then comes the true pain of actually 'installing' it, a task I do not look forward to (same goes for un-installing)....

But I did said 'install task Monday evening, because going to bed when its above 90 in the room, is.. um.. isn't great .lol.
Your comment of "upstairs gets brutal" can be pretty fitting.

I think I'm going to remove the Christmas lights stored on a shelf below the window, and start keeping the AC unit there in off-season, so atleast I can avoid the part of having to lug it up/down the stairs.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

Gearjammer
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #998 on: July 20, 2022, 11:57:19 PM » Author: Gearjammer
For a state that gets so cold in the winter I had no idea that Colorado could get so hot in the summer.
I thought it would at least be cooler at night.
I guess it's more of a dry heat rather than the humid, tropical heat of South Florida?
It's the humidity that really makes life miserable!!
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #999 on: July 20, 2022, 11:58:52 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
In a separate bedroom..One of my fishtanks got to nearly 94, others were 90 or 91. For something that should *ideally* be low-mid 70's (and no more than low 80's). that deff ain't good.

We actually got 2 little thundershowers this afternoon (not storms. just showers.) but it was enough that I skipped watering the garden tonight.

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1000 on: July 21, 2022, 12:20:28 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: Gearjammer
For a state that gets so cold in the winter I had no idea that Colorado could get so hot in the summer.
I thought it would at least be cooler at night.
I guess it's more of a dry heat rather than the humid, tropical heat of South Florida?
It's the humidity that really makes life miserable!!

Yeah big temperature spread between winter & summer here!
80's & 90's in June & July is pretty normal. Down in Denver it got just above 100 earlier this week..they always get a few 100+ degree days in the summer (where I am is closer to the mountains/higher elevation than the city, so the chance of 100 is pretty rare)

It does cool off at night - into the 60's or 70's. But heat gets trapped up in the upstairs bedrooms (particularly my north-facing one (doesn't help that I have heat-generating stuff like fluorescent lights for my houseplants))

And yep its dry, pretty much desert-like heat - pretty common for daytime summer humidity values to be in the 10%-20% range.
And you're absolutely right its  humidity that it miserable (hot or cold!)

Burrito

View Posts
View Gallery

Shaded OVM

OH BOY! Weather! « Reply #1001 on: July 25, 2022, 05:16:44 PM » Author: Burrito
Ooooo, this is gonna be epic!

ON LG FOR 2 YEARS! Please don't ask to meet up with me, as I am still living with my mother. Don't send me items either please, thank you!
LED street lights are bad. Some look good though. HID is better.
Please, watch out for the future. It's not looking good. Loves instruction manuals of any kind!

xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL ATL
Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1002 on: July 29, 2022, 12:50:28 AM » Author: xmaslightguy
I got a severe-warned thunderstom Tues evening, then another storm with a good lightning-show Tues night. And on Weds night I got an awesome lightning show & severe-warned storm.

Forget "any objects" or "any people" : my 'true love' is thunderstorms. .lol.
Unfortunately they are sorta uncommon here..
« Last Edit: July 29, 2022, 01:03:59 AM by xmaslightguy » Logged

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1003 on: August 29, 2022, 07:59:15 AM » Author: dor123
We have a heat wave. Now it is 33*C or 91.4*F.
Tomorrow, we would go to Ein-Gev resort village at the Sea of Galilee, were there will be 42*C or 107.6*F and 30% humidity.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Severe weather never sleeps! « Reply #1004 on: August 30, 2022, 09:09:03 AM » Author: dor123
Now we are at Ein-Gev resort village and there is 42*C and 16% humidity.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies