Author Topic: Favorite Hardware Store?  (Read 6560 times)
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Favorite Hardware Store? « on: April 06, 2019, 05:05:18 AM » Author: mefurd98
What is your favorite hardware store? Mine is my local ACE because I have found many old and unique light bulbs there.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:40:09 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Mine's ACE as well. Though the one near me doesn't have old stuff, it has nicer light bulbs (GE).
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 10:51:56 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Is it the restore considered a hardware store?  ???

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #3 on: April 06, 2019, 10:58:48 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Is it the restore considered a hardware store?  ???

Hmm, I suppose it could be a hardware store, but I guess they're thrift type stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #4 on: April 06, 2019, 11:21:12 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
Hmm, I suppose it could be a hardware store, but I guess they're thrift type stores like Salvation Army and Goodwill.

Ah ok. :) I going there, especially for lighting! :D

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #5 on: April 06, 2019, 11:22:03 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Ah ok. :) I going there, especially for lighting! :D

Same here, they never get old! :D
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #6 on: April 06, 2019, 11:23:00 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
And it seems like everyday, they have something new! :)

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #7 on: April 06, 2019, 12:56:21 PM » Author: High Intensity
Mine was Orchard Supply Hardware, but then Lowes had to shut them down, so now it's ACE.
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #8 on: April 06, 2019, 01:58:43 PM » Author: dor123
During the first decade of the 2000's, my favorite hardware store was Home Center (The other was ACE), as they were the only ones that sold SBMV lamps such as Osram HWL 160W and Philips ML 160W. ACE didn't sold SBMV lamps.
Today I don't have a favorite hardware store between the two, despite Home Center selling Orout Haamakim, since they have a wider range of lamps as well as Osram lamps. ACE have mainly Flash and generic stuff, and barely large known brands lamps, and smaller range of lamps in general.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #9 on: April 06, 2019, 02:54:55 PM » Author: Cole D.
Here we have Ace and True Value, I don't know what kind of bulbs they sell. But Ace sells Westinghouse fixtures.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

RyanF40T12

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #10 on: April 06, 2019, 05:56:54 PM » Author: RyanF40T12
ACE is my favorite as well, but not for lighting purposes.  They carry mostly GE lights and the stuff GE has produced lately has been very crummy quality. 

The more you hate the LED movement, the stronger it becomes.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #11 on: April 06, 2019, 07:22:47 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Mostly, theres a Lowes near me if theres a need of a repairment for the house, or equipment.

mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #12 on: April 07, 2019, 03:02:31 AM » Author: mefurd98
I used to get most of my HID bulbs at Lowes when they had Sylvania, but now they have switched to GE for some reason and I'm not a big fan of their newer mercury lamps.
mefurd98

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #13 on: April 07, 2019, 03:19:20 AM » Author: mefurd98
Is it the restore considered a hardware store?  ???

I like the ReStore as well, but it's hard for me to catch them when they're open!
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Favorite Hardware Store? « Reply #14 on: April 07, 2019, 07:36:52 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I like the ReStore as well, but it's hard for me to catch them when they're open!

Yeah, the Habitat Restore at jones road, is closed on Sundays, but open Monday to Saturday. And the Habitat Restore at TX 242 is closed on Sunday and Monday, but open on Tuesday to Saturday.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies