Author Topic: Is this a good mounting arm for outside?  (Read 1315 times)
Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « on: April 06, 2019, 09:53:40 AM » Author: Cole D.
I saw these on Amazon, in another post. It has the three bolt, which I think is sturdier than the Lithonia mounting arms, that don't have a through bolt. Also it says it's powder coated steel, and the shape looks like the American Electric arms. Although Amazon has another arm style for sale, it says it's for LED fixtures.

Designer's Edge Mounting Arm

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « Reply #1 on: April 06, 2019, 10:36:56 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Yes, they are better arms as they have a thru bolt which prevents sagging. The Lithonias will sag over time.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
Re: Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « Reply #2 on: April 06, 2019, 11:27:01 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
I recommend a better arm with a thru bolt than that one.

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « Reply #3 on: December 12, 2019, 10:50:36 PM » Author: Cole D.
Unfortunately it seems these had been discontinued, which is shame. They look nicer than the other typical curved arms with no through bolting.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « Reply #4 on: December 13, 2019, 03:19:53 PM » Author: Ash
Choose an arm that have long enough section tangent to the pole, and tie around this section with 2 steel bands
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Is this a good mounting arm for outside? « Reply #5 on: December 25, 2019, 09:25:43 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
With a mounting arm, the important fixing is the top one as that takes most of the weight and has the most force applied by pressure from the arm itself, so must be securely fastened with a large lag bolt or a through bolt, then as has been said a long length down the pole, at least as long as the arm.

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies