Author Topic: You lighting fails!  (Read 4651 times)
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You lighting fails! « Reply #15 on: July 06, 2019, 06:13:29 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
Do you have pictures of it?
Sadly, I never thought about taking pictures or video of that event at that time.
Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: You lighting fails! « Reply #16 on: July 06, 2019, 11:07:39 PM » Author: Lumex120
Ran metal halide white for a minute, then... Kaboom! Part of the sodium was smoldering on the carpet, white hot.
That probably wasn't sodium, it was more likely a piece of the arctube or something.

Unofficial LG Discord

High Intensity

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: You lighting fails! « Reply #17 on: July 23, 2019, 12:37:08 AM » Author: High Intensity
One fail i remember is about 5 years ago, i got a pack of neon indicator lamps for really cheap and i was bored so i decided to hook one up without a resistor, so i hook it up, turn on the power, and BANG. the leads on the neon lamp melt instantly. To my surprise, the circuit breaker did not trip and the neon lamp still worked for the most part.
xmaslightguy

View Posts
View Gallery

Somewhere There Is Light(ning)

GoL ATL
Re: You lighting fails! « Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 09:12:16 PM » Author: xmaslightguy
Quote from: High Intensity
One fail i remember is about 5 years ago, i got a pack of neon indicator lamps for really cheap and i was bored so i decided to hook one up without a resistor, so i hook it up, turn on the power, and BANG. the leads on the neon lamp melt instantly. To my surprise, the circuit breaker did not trip and the neon lamp still worked for the most part.
I did that once. It lit its normal orange color for maybe 30 seconds, then turned blue-ish for a couple seconds, then -pop- it was done. LOL

ThunderStorms/Lightning/Tornados are meant to be hunted down & watched...not hidden from in the basement!

LightsDelight

View Posts
View Gallery

Fred Dirst is watching you

UCp-ouYxSgmqTWUY4RGWyAFg rollaman82
Re: You lighting fails! « Reply #19 on: July 25, 2019, 05:33:29 PM » Author: LightsDelight
I did that when I got a new power supply 0-70V the neon went bang and so did the power supply

Keep discharge lighting alive

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies