Author Topic: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore.  (Read 3724 times)
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Power distributor: CenterPoint Energy. 120V 60Hz

GoL UCfoxh9h5FaLg-R04V8WDi3w
My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « on: May 24, 2019, 09:07:22 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Well, my first time going to a ReStore, I went to the one at TX242 and the have a lot of lighting! I was surprised, the have lots of bulbs, and fluorescent tubes. They even have those R40 400w MV flood bulbs for $10 IIRC. But I got three things, a GE F4T5CW lamp, socket extender, and a Keystone F20 T12 or F15 T8 electronic ballast. So, it was awesome. They also have a T9 fluorescent tube, and a F96 T12 magnetic ballasts. And those were heavy ballasts once I picked one up. So yeah, I hopefully will be going to the one at Jones Rd. which probably have much much more lighting stuff than the TX242 had. 

Save the Cooper OVWs!! Don't them down by crap LED fixtures!!!

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #1 on: May 24, 2019, 10:04:45 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
There are 2 restores here, one on the west side of Columbus and one on the north-east side I've been to both and honestly not really a lot lighting wise, at least not for me . Granted I've found several HID's and a 250w Sylvania MH ballast and lamps but most of what's in them is crap! i wish they had some good stuff here like I see other people finding,maybe someday!

I'm glad you found some good stuff in your ReStore ! Myself and I'm sure others here would be interested in at least one of the Westy MV floods

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #2 on: May 24, 2019, 10:35:52 PM » Author: Cole D.
The Habitat Restore here is generally crap compared to ones I see on YouTube, especially the lighting section. I've seen a few Philips Ceramalux MH lamps and some Sylvanias that Lowes donated but other than that, it's mostly used CFLs and incandescents. Nothing older or rare. And I never see HID fixtures, only shades and a few incandescent and halogen track fixtures and parts. I have gotten a few nice pull chain ceramic fixtures and some cool old wiring devices though. Otherwise I don't see how they stay in business because there's nothing that great ever there really. In the past I used to see nice stuff sometimes but lately it's not worth the trip.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #3 on: May 25, 2019, 12:15:22 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
The Habitat Restore here is generally crap compared to ones I see on YouTube, especially the lighting section. I've seen a few Philips Ceramalux MH lamps and some Sylvanias that Lowes donated but other than that, it's mostly used CFLs and incandescents. Nothing older or rare. And I never see HID fixtures, only shades and a few incandescent and halogen track fixtures and parts. I have gotten a few nice pull chain ceramic fixtures and some cool old wiring devices though. Otherwise I don't see how they stay in business because there's nothing that great ever there really. In the past I used to see nice stuff sometimes but lately it's not worth the trip.

I've seen a couple of Cooper Lumark 400w and 1000w metal halide flood fixtures new in box, but they wanted $150 for the 400w ones and $300 for the 1000w ones. And I was like, nope.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #4 on: May 25, 2019, 12:43:48 AM » Author: wide-lite 1000
I've seen a couple of Cooper Lumark 400w and 1000w metal halide flood fixtures new in box, but they wanted $150 for the 400w ones and $300 for the 1000w ones. And I was like, nope.

My closest ReStore has 3 GE 250w HPS ballast kits for $75 each ! I can get them on eBay all day long for half or less ! the stupid thing is they've had them for a 1.5 years !(according to the date on the price tags)

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #5 on: May 25, 2019, 01:41:53 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
The ReStore closest to me is FREAKING AWESOME!  :D 8) I've gotten 99 cent 4-foot shoplights, to 1960's-1970's 1000w Mercs for a buck each, free light bulbs every once in a while, and even 16 1967 Sylvania F15T8/CW blackenders for free! :D Cheesy The other one had white 1000w HPS shoeboxes for $50 each and 320w PSMH High Bay kits (I got one.) for $8 each a while back. That one also had lots of awesome stuff!
« Last Edit: July 27, 2020, 10:58:13 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #6 on: May 25, 2019, 01:51:40 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40

I think the one who has the most luck with ReStores is Parrot (Parrot175). I've watched him since 2014 and that's also how I found out about ReStores and LG.
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #7 on: May 25, 2019, 08:34:31 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
The ReStore closest to me is FREAKING AWESOME! :D 8) I've gotten 99 cent 4-foot shoplights, to 1960's-1970's 1000w Mercs for a buck each, free light bulbs every once in a while, and even 16 1967 Sylvania F15T8/CW blackenders for free! :D The other one had white 1000w HPS shoeboxes for $50 each and 320w PSMH High Bay kits (I got one.) for $8 each a while back. That one also had lots of awesome stuff!

You're pretty lucky about that. I was also looking for a F20 T12 preheat strip light, and a AEL 115. But no luck unfortunately.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #8 on: May 25, 2019, 09:30:03 AM » Author: funkybulb
looking for a AEL 115. got few at mt house next time your in Austin or San Antonio area we can meet.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #9 on: May 25, 2019, 10:02:49 AM » Author: lightinglover8902
looking for a AEL 115. got few at mt house next time your in Austin or San Antonio area we can meet.

When I start driving by myself (which I'm practicing driving right now with my brother) and living by myself, then yeah will meet.  ;)

fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #10 on: May 25, 2019, 03:38:55 PM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
You're pretty lucky about that. I was also looking for a F20 T12 preheat strip light, and a AEL 115. But no luck unfortunately.

Actually found a Lithonia F20T12 preheat striplight NIB today at the ReStore for 99 cents!
lightinglover8902

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #11 on: May 25, 2019, 06:46:34 PM » Author: lightinglover8902
Actually found a Lithonia F20T12 preheat striplight NIB today at the ReStore for 99 cents!

Nice! :D

tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #12 on: May 26, 2019, 12:46:25 AM » Author: tolivac
The Restore near me is a DUD as far as lighting equipment goes-No HID or commercial lights at all.Just household.Sometimes they have other things such as appliances or books,records.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #13 on: October 26, 2019, 08:40:58 AM » Author: Rommie
I know I keep saying it, but I am soooooo jealous of you guys over there with those stores, we have nothing like them over here at all, the only place we stand any chance of getting HID stuff nowadays is eBay, or occasionally one or two lighting companies such as CP Lighting. Very few wholesalers stock them any more, all they have is LED  :'(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

A2ZAlarms

View Posts
View Gallery

UCn-UWLJRLZh8NA46vkc1jSQ A2Z Alarms
Re: My first trip going to the Habitat ReStore. « Reply #14 on: November 05, 2019, 06:59:28 PM » Author: A2ZAlarms
The ReStore that I always go to is amazing. I have gotten 2x4 parabolic fixtures ($20), random strip lights ($5-20), 35w HPS fixture ($20), IBM fire bell ($15), and one of those signs where you can change the letters that uses 2 f40 lamps preheat.  the restore is one in belleville ON, but the restores in Toronto kind of suck

I don't dislike High quality led lamps, but vintage usually wins.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies