Author Topic: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips  (Read 4628 times)
Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « on: June 06, 2019, 02:05:28 PM » Author: Froggy05
Is Philips' quality worsened, especially in LED lights? Watch that: https://calm.iki.fi/tolpat/kuva/9245 and https://calm.iki.fi/tolpat/kuva/7882 (The link is only in Finnish)
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #1 on: June 06, 2019, 03:01:58 PM » Author: dor123
All LED lights from all manufacturers are crap. I've seen a year ago an Osram/Ledvance LED floodlight glowing dimly
And the Schreder Teceo 2 at Deshanim road/Kiryat Ata junction, keep flashing or stop working since they were installed and replaced AEG Koffer 150 with 250W HPS lamps: https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-155092 , https://www.lighting-gallery.net/gallery/displayimage.php?pos=-155881 .

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #2 on: June 07, 2019, 09:49:00 AM » Author: Froggy05
I'm agree. I and the guys in calm.iki.fi -site are noticed more glitches in the light fixtures of Philips.
Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #3 on: June 09, 2019, 03:34:38 PM » Author: Froggy05
Here broken ClearWAys are replaced to ClearWay Gen2s. They aren't maybe at all better...
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #4 on: June 10, 2019, 02:59:21 AM » Author: dor123
I think they doing the LED lanterns crap quality on purpose, in order to make more money. This is what called "Planned Obsolescence". The LED technology is a superb way to significantly short the lighting fixture life to that of incandescent lamps.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2019, 04:08:02 AM by dor123 » Logged

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #5 on: June 10, 2019, 01:12:37 PM » Author: Froggy05
I think they doing the LED lanterns crap quality on purpose, in order to make more money. This is what called "Planned Obsolescence". The LED technology is a superb way to significantly short the lighting fixture life to that of incandescent lamps.
Yeah. I've seen many broken Pihlips SpeedStrars and Lumas too :-\
tolivac

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #6 on: June 11, 2019, 03:12:31 AM » Author: tolivac
Seems like Phillips,GE,Sylvania,and Westinghouse are just names only plastered on poor quality products!Not just lighting equipment but other items as well.
Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #7 on: June 11, 2019, 03:24:06 AM » Author: Froggy05
Seems like Phillips,GE,Sylvania,and Westinghouse are just names only plastered on poor quality products!Not just lighting equipment but other items as well.
Is Westinghouse worsened too?
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #8 on: June 11, 2019, 04:50:18 AM » Author: dor123
@Froggy05: American members may mislead you or give you answers that related only to the US, since their lamps and lighting companies are completely different and aren't sold in your country.
American Philips is a different company than the European one. And I bet that Westinghouse, American Sylvania, GE North American and Philips North American, aren't relevant to you.
Non-LED lamps from Philips are good. Their CFL and HID lamps are of high quality. This is the American Philips that is crap in all field of lighting and not only LED.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2019, 04:52:19 AM by dor123 » Logged

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #9 on: June 11, 2019, 07:02:39 AM » Author: funkybulb
let me clear things up a bit

first  westinghouse today are basically abco out source
product that why hence we call them Faux Westinghouse.   GE and philip and sylvania have out source there Hid and incandescent over seas

the only thing left of philips is Salina fluorescent plant
that still churning out T8 and T12 tubes while GE makes
half the fluorescent product lines now. and Sylvania fluorescents going be out source to china :'(

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Froggy05

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #10 on: June 11, 2019, 11:43:03 AM » Author: Froggy05
@Froggy05: American members may mislead you or give you answers that related only to the US, since their lamps and lighting companies are completely different and aren't sold in your country.
American Philips is a different company than the European one. And I bet that Westinghouse, American Sylvania, GE North American and Philips North American, aren't relevant to you.
Non-LED lamps from Philips are good. Their CFL and HID lamps are of high quality. This is the American Philips that is crap in all field of lighting and not only LED.
Okay, understood.
fluorescent lover 40

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #11 on: June 12, 2019, 01:38:56 AM » Author: fluorescent lover 40
@Froggy05: American members may mislead you or give you answers that related only to the US since their lamps and lighting companies are completely different and aren't sold in your country.
American Philips is a different company than the European one. And I bet that Westinghouse, American Sylvania, GE North American, and Philips North American, aren't relevant to you.

No, not everything the American Philips makes is bad. Philips still makes most of their fluorescents at their Salina, Kansas, USA plant and they are of high quality. They also make their F15T8, PL-S, PL-C, PL-T, and PL-L at the former Polamp plant in Poland for the USA which are also of high quality. They upped the mercury dosage in their fluorescent lamps as well.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2019, 01:46:35 AM by fluorescent lover 40 » Logged
dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #12 on: June 12, 2019, 04:28:54 AM » Author: dor123
I've heard about the Philips ATLO II and Energy Advantage  suffering from dimming out to pink color fast.

funkybulb

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #13 on: June 13, 2019, 11:13:04 PM » Author: funkybulb
I still have most LG hated Philip alto F34T12 CW alto tubes from 2003 and being used lamps to start with
installed them in 2007 that came with troffers
still going under moms house today.   in am going to
say philips is like modern westy (even though it dont last as long as real westinghouse)  in this day in era when every thing else going to crap these days.

No LED gadgets, spins too slowly.  Gotta  love preheat and MV. let the lights keep my meter spinning.

Michael

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Are you noticed the poor quality of Philips « Reply #14 on: July 06, 2019, 02:46:15 PM » Author: Michael
In the recent years I installed more than 500 Philips Luma street lights hereabouts  and very rarely I’m facing any failures. Only some of the early Indal Luma lanterns with early drivers are prone to stop working some how but still I do not see any point for blaming these. 

Yeah. I've seen many broken Pihlips SpeedStrars and Lumas too :-\
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies