Author Topic: And so it ends  (Read 21615 times)
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: And so it ends « Reply #45 on: November 10, 2019, 03:19:06 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I want 18 Watters but my primary goal is 55 Watters. I need to get atleast 2 more 55 Watters preferable of pre 2005 manufacture.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 03:30:10 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I want 18 Watters but my primary goal is 55 Watters. I need to get atleast 2 more 55 Watters preferable of pre 2005 manufacture.

I'm happy with my stock of 18 watt lamps. For now at least. I currently have 48 lamps. Until I'm out of school I need to stop for now. Just wanted to get some stock built up just in case.
HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: And so it ends « Reply #47 on: November 10, 2019, 04:30:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
I'm happy with my stock of 18 watt lamps. For now at least. I currently have 48 lamps. Until I'm out of school I need to stop for now. Just wanted to get some stock built up just in case.

I think 48 lamps will get you through like all of your life plus some lol.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #48 on: November 10, 2019, 04:39:34 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
I think 48 lamps will get you through like all of your life plus some lol.

Depends on how many 18 watt fixtures I end up running. If I only run one then 48 is probably enough.
joseph_125

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
Re: And so it ends « Reply #49 on: November 11, 2019, 02:57:05 AM » Author: joseph_125
I think my goal now is to hopefully get the remaining wattages that I don't have and maybe a lamp from the last month of production.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: And so it ends « Reply #50 on: November 11, 2019, 08:00:07 AM » Author: Rommie
I think my goal now is to hopefully get the remaining wattages that I don't have and maybe a lamp from the last month of production.
Same here, that's all we can do really  :(

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #51 on: November 11, 2019, 12:43:03 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
Never cared about LPS. Used around water bodies to keep the bugs down.

I didn't either until recently. Because SOX lighting is so uncommon here. I only know of two sites that have/had SOX lighting somewhat near me. A college parking lot a couple towns away from me, and the toll plaza of the bridge going to Sanibel Island. Other than that I can't think of any other places I have seen SOX. The fact that it is being phased out is probably what forced my attention to it. Now I love SOX lighting and I'm going into debt stocking lamps lol.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: And so it ends « Reply #52 on: November 11, 2019, 12:46:54 PM » Author: Rommie
I didn't either until recently. Because SOX lighting is so uncommon here. I only know of two sites that have/had SOX lighting somewhat near me. A college parking lot a couple towns away from me, and the toll plaza of the bridge going to Sanibel Island. Other than that I can't think of any other places I have seen SOX. The fact that it is being phased out is probably what forced my attention to it. Now I love SOX lighting and I'm going into debt stocking lamps lol.
So are we  :P  :D  :a_sox:

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

HPSM250R2

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #53 on: November 11, 2019, 12:50:23 PM » Author: HPSM250R2
So are we  :P  :D  :a_sox:

I wish the lamps weren't so expensive. I would be buying a lot more. I'm buying what I can though. They're worth the money to me.
Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #54 on: November 11, 2019, 01:35:47 PM » Author: Max
You must be really fun at parties, GE101R!

James - Thank you for this very interesting account.
Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: And so it ends « Reply #55 on: November 11, 2019, 01:39:16 PM » Author: Rommie
Wonder if anyone's able to obtain the last produced lamp.
I really hope James is able to get it, it would be a fitting addition to the Lamptech site  :)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2019, 01:40:59 PM by sox35 » Logged

Max

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #56 on: November 11, 2019, 02:15:04 PM » Author: Max
Good for them ;D
MikeBond

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: And so it ends « Reply #57 on: November 11, 2019, 05:47:15 PM » Author: MikeBond
Yup I just had the misfortune of discovering that Philips as of July 2019 stopped taking orders for SOX lamps. As a result , my supplier and others do not carry them anymore. This has screwed me as I need more 18w lamps. Now im scrambling
An Italian supplier on eBay has several new GE 18W SOX at £17 each.
Generally I thought the same outer envelopes had been used successfully in solar thermal heatpipe technology. First time I saw one I thought "Why are all those SOX lamps on that roof?!"
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: And so it ends « Reply #58 on: November 11, 2019, 05:53:07 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
An Italian supplier on eBay has several new GE 18W SOX at £17 each.
Generally I thought the same outer envelopes had been used successfully in solar thermal heatpipe technology. First time I saw one I thought "Why are all those SOX lamps on that roof?!"

We've seen that listing, but once you add in the shipping costs it brings it close to the price here, and we just don't have the funds for any lamps just now.  :'(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

mdcastle

View Posts
View Gallery

mdcastle 26956281@N02
Re: And so it ends « Reply #59 on: November 11, 2019, 08:45:18 PM » Author: mdcastle
How long until other lamps cease production?

There can't be that many 35 watt HPS fixtures around, and only somewhat more 50 watters. Mercury vapor there's still an awful lot of 175 and 250 watt yardblasters and NEMA heads but how many larger and smaller wattages?
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies