Author Topic: What are your lighting pet peeve?  (Read 16717 times)
TudorWhiz

View Posts
View Gallery

GoL
What are your lighting pet peeve? « on: November 23, 2008, 05:09:46 AM » Author: TudorWhiz
At stores the current socket designs for table lamps sucks, "the missing top socket casing sydrome" is something I hate!!! Those older metalic designs were much better, I've seen those plastic designs come out as early as the 1990s........don't like it one bit, it also causes more trashing lamps if nobody buys it due to this long time flaw!!!!

For pictures of my streetlight collection and other streetlight pictures with some various pictures that are not in this website, please visit http://www.galleryoflights.org/  under GullWhiz

Administrator of Galleryoflights.org

form109
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #1 on: November 23, 2008, 10:08:20 AM » Author: form109
Lamps don't last as long as they used to.
form109
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #2 on: November 23, 2008, 12:00:50 PM » Author: form109
streetlight fixtures are not as sturdy as they used to be.
gmercury2000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #3 on: November 23, 2008, 07:44:28 PM » Author: gmercury2000
When a light is serviced and it is not fixed right ie: wrong lense lamp and so on.
chapman84
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #4 on: January 02, 2009, 06:38:12 PM » Author: chapman84
when fixtures are repaired,only to be shot out again.
chapman84
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #5 on: January 02, 2009, 06:42:54 PM » Author: chapman84
When streetlights are relamped, only to be changed out to high pressure sodium fixtures.
sparkie

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #6 on: January 02, 2009, 07:00:41 PM » Author: sparkie
When a hardware store sells a fixture that uses a special CFL but does not sell the replacement lamps. And at the same time sells replacement CFL's for fixtures that it doesn't sell!!

EDIT: Now I have more time to post, here are the details:

The store I am moaning about here is Wilkinson's Hardware. In their lighting range they stock mostly incandescent fixtures but do have two CFL fixtures; one is a small bedside type light that uses a 10w 4-pin PLC lamp, the other is an outdoor porch light that requires a 16w 2D lamp (with this fixture the lamp has to be bought separately as it's not included in the box).

However in their lamp section they stock neither 10w PLC or 16w 2D lamps - but for some unknown reason they stock 18w PLC lamps!!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2009, 11:13:45 AM by sparkie » Logged
Mr. Big
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #7 on: January 02, 2009, 07:58:33 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Sounds like my hardware store, they sell LPS, and not a one LPS fixture to be found!
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #8 on: January 02, 2009, 09:58:34 PM » Author: FGS
@Mr. Big - WHAT??? :o :o What hardware store sells LPS? Never heard of that info. Thought ye have to order them online.

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

Mr. Big
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #9 on: January 02, 2009, 10:12:47 PM » Author: Mr. Big
@FGS ACE sells them here! There are only 2 on the shelf tho!
FGS

View Posts
View Gallery

Rory Mercury!

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #10 on: January 02, 2009, 10:51:28 PM » Author: FGS
They too expensive? Who made them and what wattage are they?

Why I like LEDs on top of other lighting tech?
LEDs = Upgrade 95% of the applications. (That is if you avoid eBay's LEDs).

LED brainwash? No, people uses them cuz they work well for them.

form109
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #11 on: January 03, 2009, 01:21:02 AM » Author: form109
90 watt if I remember, and ones osram and the other's philips
and yeah, 50 bucks for 1 not gonna be getting one soon :(
form109
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #12 on: January 09, 2009, 02:32:39 PM » Author: form109
i hate it when a store jacks up the price,for example i can get a Regent Mercury Vapor Yardblaster at ace for 26.92$$,the same bucket is sold at a small family owned hardware store for 64.88$$!!! :o :o :o
« Last Edit: January 25, 2009, 08:58:36 PM by form109 » Logged
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #13 on: January 09, 2009, 05:53:30 PM » Author: lightman64
when a MV streetlight is dayburning and it doesn't get fixed. then the ballast fries and insead of a new PC and MV ballast they give it a HPS ballast! and the light next to it is still a MV.

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

form109
Re: What are your lighting pet peeve? « Reply #14 on: January 10, 2009, 09:56:40 AM » Author: form109
it also bothers me when the original glass in busted,only to be replaced by a plastic aftermarket refractor that yellows up badly within a year!!!
Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies