Author Topic: Lamp of the Day  (Read 16115 times)
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #45 on: November 08, 2019, 01:23:59 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today we've got a double feature for 'Lamp of the Day' :)

As requested, here is the comparison between the 18W and 135W SOX lamps.  :)

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #46 on: November 10, 2019, 12:49:10 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today's offering is a Westinghouse 100W MV lamp with a blown tubular envelope.

This picture is a split between first ignition and fully warmed up.  8)

Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #47 on: November 11, 2019, 10:04:05 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We received the replacement lamp for this one.

So here it is at full brightness.  :)

It will certainly help to keep the winter blues away, though we will need to get a diffuser.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #48 on: November 12, 2019, 11:28:54 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today's choice is one of the four 160W SBMV lamps that were delivered yesterday.

We had to put together a lash-up with the correct socket, but here it is fully warmed up.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #49 on: November 13, 2019, 12:54:08 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today we have a lovely example of a 50W clear tubular HPS lamp.

Here it is at full brightness.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #50 on: November 13, 2019, 12:59:24 PM » Author: Rommie
Today we have a lovely example of a 50W clear tubular HPS lamp.

The GE Lucalox lamps are probably one of the best designs of HPS lamp.

Does anyone help out dating this lamp, please..? I'm not certain how the system works; there are two groups of 4 digits - 1506 and underneath 0515.

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #51 on: November 15, 2019, 11:33:55 AM » Author: Mandolin Girl
We're sticking with HPS, just an increase in wattage.

Today it's a 70W Osram Vialox NAV-E (SON-E) lamp, pictured here at full brightness.  8)

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #52 on: November 16, 2019, 03:07:12 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today's featured lamp is a Sylvania mercury retrofit dual wattage lamp.

Seen here just after ignition and fully warmed up.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #53 on: November 18, 2019, 12:48:42 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
Today, we have a green MH lamp lit, sometimes colour rendering is a good thing as currently the green LED status lamps on our IP phone are showing as orange, which is the fault indication.!  :D

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

HomeBrewLamps

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #54 on: November 18, 2019, 03:44:32 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
As interesting as your lamp collection is I don't believe it is necessary to post both in a forum and on the gallery.

The gallery is a much more sought out and effective means of sharing Photography. It is what people see when they first enter the site. This thread is a bit redundant and is not drawing much response from any other members. The forum is mostly meant for Q&A.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Lamp of the Day « Reply #55 on: November 18, 2019, 03:48:55 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
As interesting as your lamp collection is I don't believe it is necessary to post both in a forum and on the gallery.

The gallery is a much more sought out and effective means of sharing Photography. It is what people see when they first enter the site. This thread is a bit redundant and is not drawing much response from any other members. The forum is mostly meant for Q&A.

Hi Owen,

Thanks for the comment, thinking about it you have a point, I'll close the thread now.

Published Author ;D
James Thurber

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies