Author Topic: YOUR Engine Sounds  (Read 19356 times)
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #15 on: October 06, 2019, 09:32:18 PM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, ohh so you still have the Volkswagen Jetta? The video cut out at 12 seconds by the way, as you were revving,
so I didn't really get to hear much rev. Still definitely sounds nice though, and already sportier than my Pontiac G6.
It'd be nice to see the outside of both your Subaru Legacy, and your Volkswagen Jetta... although I have an idea of
what that Jetta may look like. Those cars have a unique look to them.

Unless it rains, when I'm off work on Wednesday, I plan on taking a part 2 video of both my car and bike. I gotta figure out where to sit
the camera though.

Interests:
1. Motorcycles, Cars, Women, and Lighting (especially fluorescent)
2. Weightlifting/staying extremely athletic
3. Severe Thunderstorms of all kinds
4. Food and drinks. So gimme them bbq ribs
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

HomeBrewLamps
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

SodiumVapor 105843202020668111118 UCpGClK_9OH8N4QkD1fp-jNw majorpayne1226 187567902@N04/
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #16 on: October 07, 2019, 05:02:56 PM » Author: HomeBrewLamps
Voom Voom.

~Owen

:colorbulb: Scavenger, Urban Explorer, Lighting Enthusiast and Creator of homebrewlamps 8) :colorbulb:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #17 on: October 09, 2019, 09:56:50 AM » Author: suzukir122
@Homebrewlamps, that's right my friend. Voom Voom.  ;D

Interests:
Lighting has ALWAYS been a passion of mine. I consider everyone on here to be a friend

merc

View Posts
View Gallery

Adam

GoL
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #18 on: January 25, 2020, 05:45:08 PM » Author: merc
This is the motor sound! A 1050W drill stopped by human jaws (starts 6:20)

This guy's website.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #19 on: January 25, 2020, 05:49:26 PM » Author: Rommie
He let the smoke out  :o

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #20 on: January 25, 2020, 08:22:01 PM » Author: suzukir122
Yeah... not sure if I want to watch lol that obviously can end very badly

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #21 on: January 27, 2020, 07:58:15 PM » Author: CEB1993
Here's a good video of the exhaust note from my 2016 Subaru Legacy. The 3.6 liter six cylinder flat boxer engine is Subaru's most powerful stock engine.  It pushes my 3670 pound vehicle forward with authority and the midrange power is amazing. Almost has a bit of a high pitched turbo-style whine when revved. There is a rev limit of 4000 RPM. Once I have the time, money, and garage space, I might see about customizing my exhaust.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NPkltzxyC8M
« Last Edit: January 27, 2020, 08:00:29 PM by CEB1993 » Logged

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #22 on: January 28, 2020, 08:14:49 AM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, you showed that video already!  ;D It's nice seeing it again though... I do like the grumble that V6 seems
to have. I'm sure it will sound really nice once you get a custom exhaust for it! Seems high class, and professional.
Also, it does have a slight high pitch whine... what's up with that? Is that Turbo? Supercharger??
I'm making plans on recording a cold start video of both my car and my bike. If I remember correctly, both my car
and my bike were running at hotter temps in my previous video.

Interests:

CEB1993

View Posts
View Gallery

Camden

Camdenburns93
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #23 on: January 28, 2020, 12:42:06 PM » Author: CEB1993
@CEB1993, you showed that video already!  ;D It's nice seeing it again though... I do like the grumble that V6 seems
to have. I'm sure it will sound really nice once you get a custom exhaust for it! Seems high class, and professional.
Also, it does have a slight high pitch whine... what's up with that? Is that Turbo? Supercharger??
I'm making plans on recording a cold start video of both my car and my bike. If I remember correctly, both my car
and my bike were running at hotter temps in my previous video.

Pardon me for the repeated video! As far as I know this engine is not turbo charged. I've heard that flat boxer engines have a "whine" to them. This car seems pretty resistant to cold starts, cranking right up the same at 30 degrees as it does at 70 degrees. The old Jetta would sound really reluctant and make a short "grinding" noise for about 10 seconds upon being started in cold conditions.

Philips DuraMax and GE Miser forever!  Classic incandescents are the best incandescents!

Stop the lamp bans!

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #24 on: January 29, 2020, 08:45:31 AM » Author: suzukir122
@CEB1993, yeah the boxer engines definitely have my interest. Much better than my V4 engine in my Pontiac G6. Speaking of that, next
video I'll have the hood lifted up on my pontiac G6 so that you guys can see the engine. Not sure whether my car has a whine, but
my bike most definitely does. It's really a whistle more so than a whine. Very loud, ear piercing whistle. I won't be revving either
vehicles in my next video, due to the threat of disturbing neighbors. Cold starts and idle, especially from my bike, is already far far too loud.

Interests:

takemorepills

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #25 on: January 29, 2020, 10:09:23 AM » Author: takemorepills
@CEB1993, yeah the boxer engines definitely have my interest. Much better than my V4 engine in my Pontiac G6. Speaking of that, next
video I'll have the hood lifted up on my pontiac G6 so that you guys can see the engine. Not sure whether my car has a whine, but
my bike most definitely does. It's really a whistle more so than a whine. Very loud, ear piercing whistle. I won't be revving either
vehicles in my next video, due to the threat of disturbing neighbors. Cold starts and idle, especially from my bike, is already far far too loud.

I can't wait to see the V4 engine, they are super rare and most cars are I4. I didn't realize GM developed a V4 for the G6.
suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #26 on: January 29, 2020, 05:37:35 PM » Author: suzukir122
@Takemorepills, I'm glad you mentioned that most cars are inline 4 cylinder... because I just checked online and it
appears that my car is actually inline 4, not V4. I feel stupid.
Someone in the past told me it was a V4... I should've checked to see if this was true or not.
So just to confirm, my car is NOT a V4. It's an inline 4.
My bike, between the two vehicles, is definitely the more rare one. (Inline 3 cylinder engine)

Interests:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #27 on: January 29, 2020, 10:06:05 PM » Author: 589
Hmmm, fav engine sounds?

Twin:
Harley with good pipes that cut out the high end “crackle”, I don’t like it to sound like a firecracker.

4:
ford 2.0 duratec
Yamaha R6 / FZ6R
Honda VFR 800

6:
Mazda 2.0/2.5 v6
Ford vulcan
BMW N54
VW VR6

8:
BMW S65
BMW S62 & M62
Ford 4.6 2&3v
Chevy LS7

10:
BMW S85 (probably one of the loudest engines in a streetcar)
Ford Triton 6.8

There are others but these are a shortlist.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2020, 10:11:17 PM by 589 » Logged

:lps:

suzukir122

View Posts
View Gallery

suzukir123
Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #28 on: January 30, 2020, 01:18:13 AM » Author: suzukir122
@589, where's your engine sound clip at??? I hope to hear some engine sound clips, which is my main point of making
this thread! lol... this winter sucks, but engine sounds might make things better.

@589, Aside from Harley, the Yamaha R6, and Honda VFR 800, I haven't really heard any of the engine sounds you've listed before.
I'll have to check them out on YouTube.
I'm definitely with you regarding the Yamaha R6 though. I love the way that bike sounds. Depends on the year though... seems
like they had more of a grunt after the 2006 model was created. The newer ones, however, sound much better despite less grunt.

Interests:

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: YOUR Engine Sounds « Reply #29 on: January 30, 2020, 06:52:31 AM » Author: 589
Hmm, good point. I should have read through the OP better before posting, however I might have a few clips on my computer from a while back I’ll need to dig up. I know I have on of my dyna somewhere.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies