Author Topic: CFL problems  (Read 2842 times)
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Zero 88 Lighting Controls Rule!

CFL problems « on: December 14, 2008, 06:57:06 PM » Author: lightman64
i put some new cfl's in my bathroom (sylvania instant on mini's) and they create a weird smell- like new or burning plastic. what should i do??  ???

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!
Preheat CFL's should make a comeback!

Mr. Big
Re: CFL problems « Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 07:01:01 PM » Author: Mr. Big
because they are a fire hazard waiting to happen if you look here! http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=190185
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 07:02:58 PM » Author: lightman64
are u sure? well if that is true then what would be the best to buy??
 the fixture ia 3 bulb and takes 60 wat max in each socket

The future of street lighting is Induction, not nasty HPS lights or cr@ppy LED lights!

Mr. Big
Re: CFL problems « Reply #3 on: December 14, 2008, 07:04:54 PM » Author: Mr. Big
are u sure? well if that is true then what would be the best to buy??
 the fixture ia 3 bulb and takes 60 wat max in each socket

The only really safe ones, the ones that I've never had melt or smoke at EOL is Feit Electric, but I don't know if you can get those there
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #4 on: December 14, 2008, 07:11:16 PM » Author: lightman64
i might can get those but if i can't are sylvania super savers that u get at lowes any good? i did use ge but their quality went down and i quit buying them. i seldomly use n:vision bulbs too.

lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #5 on: December 14, 2008, 07:24:43 PM » Author: lightman64
ok found the messed up bulb. was black on the bottom of the tube and part of the ballast

Mr. Big
Re: CFL problems « Reply #6 on: December 14, 2008, 08:10:47 PM » Author: Mr. Big
Sounds normal, replace it
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #7 on: December 15, 2008, 12:10:13 PM » Author: lightman64
Sounds normal, replace it
            i replaced all 3 with GE 13 watt spirals. the are working fine. (for now)

Mr. Big
Re: CFL problems « Reply #8 on: December 15, 2008, 06:50:45 PM » Author: Mr. Big
That's cool, stay away from the higher wattage GE spirals, they smoke and smell bad at EOL
lightman64

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #9 on: December 15, 2008, 06:56:50 PM » Author: lightman64
thanks! whats EOL

Mr. Big
Re: CFL problems « Reply #10 on: December 15, 2008, 07:00:44 PM » Author: Mr. Big
End of life
Medved

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: CFL problems « Reply #11 on: March 24, 2009, 06:50:15 PM » Author: Medved
When you like to use fluorescent for lighting, install a fluorescent fixture instead (e.g. for PL-C, PL-S, circline,...).
If you don't want to swap the luminaire, use higher efficiency incandescent lamp (halogen,...).

No more selfballasted c***

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies