Author Topic: Outdoor Filament Christmas Lights  (Read 1331 times)
Bubbler Tube

View Posts
View Gallery

Outdoor Filament Christmas Lights « on: November 10, 2019, 07:06:06 AM » Author: Bubbler Tube
Does Anybody know what makes Them Safe for Outdoor Use?
This Questions been Bugging Me for a While now....
MANY Thanks
« Last Edit: November 27, 2019, 02:57:59 PM by HomeBrewLamps » Logged

I LOVE Bulbs, Be They The Light up Kind or the Ones That Grow...

dor123

View Posts
View Gallery

Other loves are computers, office equipment, A/Cs

Re: Outdoor Filiment Christmas Lights « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 08:10:06 AM » Author: dor123
Probably they have an explosion proof glass.

I"m don't speak English well, and rely on online translating to write in this site.
Please forgive me if my choice of my words looks like offensive, while that isn't my intention.

I only working with the international date format (dd.mm.yyyy).

I lives in Israel, which is a 220-240V, 50hz country.

wide-lite 1000

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Outdoor Filiment Christmas Lights « Reply #2 on: November 13, 2019, 09:41:50 PM » Author: wide-lite 1000
The bulbs are the same for indoor or outdoor, what makes the difference is the type of wire, sockets and plugs (weatherproof or not). Years ago I bought a NOS light set at a rummage sale, the bulbs said indoor of outdoor use on their package but the light string said for indoor use only on the UL tag .

Collector,Hoarder,Pack-rat! Clear mercury Rules!!

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Outdoor Filiment Christmas Lights « Reply #3 on: November 16, 2019, 04:45:00 PM » Author: Ash
Its been a while since i have seen any string that i'd approve on safety at all. They become more pathetic from year to year.... Last i seen was a string where some of the heat shrink tube around the lamps (LEDs in this case) was not properly heat shrinked at the factory, leaving connections able to soak if it would be used outdoors. It was outdoors rated on the package, no standard approvals whatsoever not even CE
Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Outdoor Filiment Christmas Lights « Reply #4 on: November 16, 2019, 05:57:58 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I heard on a tv programme when a representative from a Chinese factory was asked about them stamping CE on their goods without them coming up to the required standard.
His response was that CE stood for Chinese Export.  :o >:(

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

View Posts
View Gallery

Tha SOX MADMANNN

Re: Outdoor Filiment Christmas Lights « Reply #5 on: November 26, 2019, 09:18:27 PM » Author: 589
I heard on a tv programme when a representative from a Chinese factory was asked about them stamping CE on their goods without them coming up to the required standard.
His response was that CE stood for Chinese Export.  :o >:(

ROFL

That’s AVE’s definition of CE as well.

:lps:

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies