Author Topic: Who else here likes elevators?  (Read 4758 times)
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Who else here likes elevators? « on: November 10, 2019, 03:19:27 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I am slightly interested in elevators. Who else is? My favorite brands are Westinghouse (any age) especially with the so called "dinner bell", Dover traditional with the rare circular hall lantern (and of course don't forget the bell), and any hydraulic elevators with good sounding motors are up there too.

I can't pretend a stranger is a long awaited friend. -Neil Peart

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2019, 03:26:14 PM » Author: Rommie
I've always liked Paternoster lifts, they're becoming increasingly rare now, as the health & safety lot consider them dangerous  :-\

Here is a video of one  ;D

Ria (aka Rommie) in Aberdeen
Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

"What greater gift than the love of a cat..?" - Charles Dickens
*** No smiley-only replies, please ***

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2019, 03:33:07 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I've always liked Paternoster lifts, they're becoming increasingly rare now, as the health & safety lot consider them dangerous  :-\

Here is a video of one  ;D
That doesn't look dangerous at all, especially with the multiple moving cars. I can see regular elevators across the hall from them though.

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #3 on: November 10, 2019, 03:35:25 PM » Author: Rommie
That doesn't look dangerous at all, especially with the multiple moving cars. I can see regular elevators across the hall from them though.
Well I don't think they're dangerous either, but the H&S guys have a different opinion  :-\

Administrator, UK & European time zones. Any questions or problems, please feel free to get in touch :love:

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #4 on: November 10, 2019, 03:43:01 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Well I don't think they're dangerous either, but the H&S guys have a different opinion  :-\
They shouldn't just use their own opinion to rule. >:(

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #5 on: November 10, 2019, 03:52:22 PM » Author: Cole D.
I do somewhat, although as a kid, I was very afraid of them. These days, I usually don't give them much through since I'm rarely in any buildings that have one.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #6 on: November 10, 2019, 04:04:37 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
I do somewhat, although as a kid, I was very afraid of them. These days, I usually don't give them much through since I'm rarely in any buildings that have one.
What is/was your favorite brand/model?

Rommie
Administrator

View Posts
View Gallery

Andromeda Ascendant

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #7 on: November 10, 2019, 04:55:27 PM » Author: Rommie
I get claustrophobic in them and I can't share them with lots of people. I have to wait until there aren't any other people waiting before I can get in, and if anyone tries to get in at another floor I have to get out  :(

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 03:53:41 PM » Author: Ash
I am interested to an extent. I like the ones that have 2 speed motor without VFD
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #9 on: November 12, 2019, 06:43:14 AM » Author: Fluorescent05
I am interested to an extent. I like the ones that have 2 speed motor without VFD
By 2 speeds do you mean running speed and leveling speed and are you talking about the display type of VFD?

Ash

View Posts
View Gallery

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #10 on: November 12, 2019, 01:51:16 PM » Author: Ash
Run and levelling speeds implemented by 2 windings in the motor, and not by Variable Frequency Drive
Fluorescent05

View Posts
View Gallery

Zack

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #11 on: November 12, 2019, 02:22:46 PM » Author: Fluorescent05
Run and levelling speeds implemented by 2 windings in the motor, and not by Variable Frequency Drive
That's cool that they used to use 2 separate windings in traction elevator motors! I think the hydraulic ones just open the bleeder valve slightly to level after going up and partially close the bleeder valve to level after going down.

Lumex120

View Posts
View Gallery

/X rated

UCM30tBQDUECOV6VeG5W87Vg
Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #12 on: November 12, 2019, 05:33:16 PM » Author: Lumex120
I don't know how I feel about elevators honestly. They have their ups and their downs.

Unofficial LG Discord

Mandolin Girl

View Posts
View Gallery

Oil Lamp Addict

Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #13 on: November 12, 2019, 05:52:50 PM » Author: Mandolin Girl
I don't know how I feel about elevators honestly. They have their ups and their downs.
That remark deserves a Gibbs slap  :D

Hugs and STUFF Sammi xXx (also in Aberdeen) :love: :oil-ltn:
Published Author ;D
There are two kinds of light  -  the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
James Thurber
SMILEY ONLY ANSWERS WILL BE DELETED FROM MY POSTS

Cole D.

View Posts
View Gallery

123 V 60 CPS

Dk944Mr-jX4jbnoUUj7xAw
Re: Who else here likes elevators? « Reply #14 on: November 12, 2019, 11:21:57 PM » Author: Cole D.
What is/was your favorite brand/model?

I don't know much about them. I know at my college one building has an Otis from 1994 and another building has one but not sure the brand. That one is from 2007. Although a lot of times use stairs since it's quicker than to wait on elevator.

Collect vintage incandescent and fluorescent fixtures. Also like HID lighting and streetlights.

Print 
© 2005-2024 Lighting-Gallery.net | SMF 2.0.19 | SMF © 2021, Simple Machines | Terms and Policies